Shopping Discussion

Best Buy: Refund for non-delivery - how long do i have to wait?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2013 10:03 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 17, 2011
57 posts
12 upvotes

Best Buy: Refund for non-delivery - how long do i have to wait?

Ordered an Ipod Nov. 29th. Got lost in shipping. After 4 times of contacting them I still have no refund and they are asking me to wait another 7-10 business days. Is there some limit as to how long they can keep my $300 without giving me anything in return? Never mind the fact that I have had to do all of the contacting and they have never followed up on any promise to email/call me back. Grrr....
5 replies
Jul 8, 2010
759 posts
222 upvotes
White Bear, ON
when it happened to me: i went to my local store and advised them of the issue and gave one of the gms copies of order info/canada post tracking. several days later after them about the status of the investigation i was given a refund.
Oct 7, 2008
160 posts
11 upvotes
London, Ontario
funkyjohn wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 7:58 pm
Ordered an Ipod Nov. 29th. Got lost in shipping. After 4 times of contacting them I still have no refund and they are asking me to wait another 7-10 business days. Is there some limit as to how long they can keep my $300 without giving me anything in return? Never mind the fact that I have had to do all of the contacting and they have never followed up on any promise to email/call me back. Grrr....
File a chargeback with your CC company.
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
119 upvotes
Kitchener
Did you pay with paypal? I know some of these websites like FS take paypal now. Open a dispute if BB takes paypal and thats what you used. Make sure within 45 days
[OP]
Mar 17, 2011
57 posts
12 upvotes
Yes I used Paypal. The latest response from them is that they are escalating to a manager and will get back to me by the 31st. If I don't hear back by then I will go the Paypal dispute route. I'm shocked that BestBuy has such poor customer service for such a large company. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have had their order lost in shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
235 upvotes
Markham
This happened to my cousin. Her iPad went missing. It sucks because she has to wait until January to get her money back
Be Happy