• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2007 12:47 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 24, 2007
131 posts
31 upvotes

Best Buy Refurb Computer bought on Boxing Day

I bought a refurb computer from BB on boxing day (lined up at 5am to get a ticket for it!!!)

When I set it up last night, I realized that it was not the model I bought, even though the box said it was what I was buying. It was a lower model.

What I want to know is if I bring it back to BB to get the one that I had intended on buying, will they hassle me for it? If they don't have anymore stock on that item, will they give me another computer with similar/same specs for the same price since it was their fault?

Also this is a warning for anyone who bought a refurb computer from BB, check the label on the actual CPU and the properties of 'my computer' to make sure it is what you bought.
6 replies
Dec 9, 2001
323 posts
why? did they give you a celery vegetable instead of a core2? I am sure you can return it, but don't know about exchange. If it was the same price, then they ripped you off. Send a complaint to head office. See what they can do for you.

You think its bad buying from them? Just think of the poor saps that have to wake up at 4:00am to go work for them on boxing day! My local Dominion was closed on boxing day. at least they were nice enough to give their employees the day off! LOL!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
mealbundy wrote: why? did they give you a celery vegetable instead of a core2? I am sure you can return it, but don't know about exchange. If it was the same price, then they ripped you off. Send a complaint to head office. See what they can do for you.

You think its bad buying from them? Just think of the poor saps that have to wake up at 4:00am to go work for them on boxing day! My local Dominion was closed on boxing day. at least they were nice enough to give their employees the day off! LOL!
x-mas and boxing day are stat holidays.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
ItechJester wrote: x-mas and boxing day are stat holidays.
yup, market's are closed. I work in a financial group and we always get 25/26 off.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
sometimes this has little to do with retail outlets, if it was sealed they wouldnt have a clue like you, but if it was opened it would be questionable. Since its a refurb I dont think bestbuy made or packaged the refurb as they sell open box items refurbs come from the manufacturer :P so somone working at that manufacturer got a nice pc and gave u a crappy one :P heh or was drunk w/e heh
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Nov 24, 2007
131 posts
31 upvotes
Well just an FYI all I got to do was return the computer. The best they were willing to offer me was to give me back $50.00 for a computer that was half the specs as what I had paid for.

The girl who did my return said they sold the computer I got for last boxing day. This is the last time I'm ever going to go line up at BB for boxing day deals. It's so ridiculous that they couldn't have even offered me a discount on similar computer. It's as if they don't even care.