[Best Buy] Refurbished Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB G930A GSM Unlocked

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2018 11:35 am
May 11, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
freakx2001 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:59 am
Bought one from Koodo a few weeks ago for $240. Great phone. Battery is great on it.
How did you score this deal?
May 11, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
freakx2001 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:59 am
Bought one from Koodo a few weeks ago for $240. Great phone. Battery is great on it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1038 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Tuberider wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 12:31 pm
Looks like it's a US phone (AT&T).
This.

Many places that sell cheap Galaxy phones (like a few eBay sellers often mentioned in RFD) are selling non-Canadian models. It is fine if the buyers are aware, and can work with it (e.g. know how to root and flash if needed). But the only indication for this Best Buy item is G930A, and the average non-tech consumer may not notice or understand. (It should at least say something like "it is an AT&T model", without that it is intentionally deceiving by omission IMHO.)

I got a Galaxy S6 that is a Verizon model. I knew it was a non-Canadian model when I bought it. What I didn't know at the time was that it is rooted, and doesn't get any OTA security (or version) updates. I haven't learned how to flash firmware etc.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2734 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
faisalsalik wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 12:41 pm
SkimGuy wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 9:36 am
How did you get this deal?

It was a RFD from a few weeks ago. All retailers were doing it as it was from KOODO.. also could have recieved a $50 play with 4gb of data.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
No Xbox X win.... not a good way to start 2018 :(
Jul 11, 2009
254 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
ssiu wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 1:16 pm
This.

Many places that sell cheap Galaxy phones (like a few eBay sellers often mentioned in RFD) are selling non-Canadian models. It is fine if the buyers are aware, and can work with it (e.g. know how to root and flash if needed). But the only indication for this Best Buy item is G930A, and the average non-tech consumer may not notice or understand. (It should at least say something like "it is an AT&T model", without that it is intentionally deceiving by omission IMHO.)

I got a Galaxy S6 that is a Verizon model. I knew it was a non-Canadian model when I bought it. What I didn't know at the time was that it is rooted, and doesn't get any OTA security (or version) updates. I haven't learned how to flash firmware etc.
so is this deal for a phone that is no good? honest q.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13402 posts
2078 upvotes
gates59 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:41 am
You are protect with bestbuy from any purchases you make on there site.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/what-is-ma ... vrd-hc8343

I don't see any protection here. You can just escalate to BB, after which the seller makes up some excuse about product not received and you're SOL.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Oct 3, 2010
917 posts
515 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
JimU wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 12:08 pm
after 2 years, my note 4 started F'n crashing left right and centre. thinkin this would be a decent replacement. Thanks for post

product webpage says sales end May 10th. ??
Yes, Note 4 is a bad product. There is a lawsuit about the failing mmc chip in the USA.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4641 posts
726 upvotes
Thornhill
frankky14 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:16 am
How bad is it to buy a phone from a third party through Best Buy?
I've never seen good phones given with contracts cheaper than if you would just buy on your own. In fact, I try, if I can to buy my phones unbranded to assure there are no crapware installed. My previous Rogers and Fido phones were full of awful apps that I couldn't remove. Never again.
As long as there's warranty and price is cheaper, it is all that matters.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4884 posts
845 upvotes
Scarborough
freakx2001 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 1:33 pm
It was a RFD from a few weeks ago. All retailers were doing it as it was from KOODO.. also could have recieved a $50 play with 4gb of data.
I snooped your post history and saw the thread. Looks like you had to sign up for a tab or something, either way the deal is dead. Not sure if this deal is good still...
Nov 19, 2014
356 posts
296 upvotes
Medicine Hat, AB
Just buy the new Nokia 6.1 instead of this :)
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1639 posts
984 upvotes
ssiu wrote:
This.

I disagree. I have a Verizon S8 and it is flawless, running on Fido. Receives all OTA updates here in Canada.

You are talking about a rooted device, would not apply to this type of device being sold on eBay.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13641 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
The AT&T version of the s7 uses a Qualcomm cpu rather than the Canadian and international versions that use Exynos.

The bootloader on all USA variants is locked so no custom ROMs.
Dec 29, 2007
383 posts
129 upvotes
ssiu wrote:
This.

I bought 2 verizon s7 phones from those guys on ebay with like 100 stars, both pieces of junk. Never again. Returned for a reason. Supposed to be new condition, one had a screen protector on it. I do think the at&t model matches up well for Canada.