Shopping Discussion

Best Buy Reward Zone cards can you combine points?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2010 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5833 posts
503 upvotes
London

Best Buy Reward Zone cards can you combine points?

Does anyone know of a trick to combine BB reward zone cards together? We ended up with two cards here, one is mine, one I guess has my wife's name on it, so by calling up they wouldn't combine them. Both are on the same phone number, and only one I was able to set up online. Is there any trick to getting the balance off one and onto the other? We don't shop there all that much, and they both have around 200 points enough to at least get 5 dollars off, but since they are on two different cards we can't.

Any ideas on what we can do? or are we just stuck and have to get 400 on the second card to get rid of it?
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5833 posts
503 upvotes
London
Havo wrote:
Oct 4th, 2010 6:00 pm
I have 2 myself because I lost and found my old one. Can't combine it. Its annoying. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to know as well.

she told me on the phone that if the names were the same on it then they would combine. Both she looked up with one phone number. It's annoying, done intentionally I would guess so that family members can't combine to get a decent reward.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1031 posts
209 upvotes
If you could search up for the card with the different name in-store you can edit the contact information on it and put it under your name most likely.
Not sure if the system would accept it if the contact info is exactly the same as the other card. If it doesn't just add a slight variance to it (put a different number or just a slightly different address like change 104st to 104 street) and if that still doesn't work just change the spelling of the name slightly. But I do know when searching for a customer's card using their phone number multiple entries sometimes pop up and the system always asks if the current info is correct, if not it will prompt for new information to be entered. This was on the newer system here, not sure if all best buy's are running on it.
× < >