• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 11:09 pm
[OP]
Jun 5, 2015
10 posts
9 upvotes
Binbrook, ON

[Best Buy] Ring Doorbell pro w/ Dot 3rd gen $239.99 save $119

Great deal for anyone looking for a ring doorbell pro you get a free echo and sale price on the doorbell.

Remember ebates 3%

Cheers
52 replies
Nov 26, 2013
557 posts
369 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can anyone comment how this fares in the winter? I live in Winnipeg and wouldn’t want it to quit in the middle of winter. I’d rather wait until the durability improves.
Feb 22, 2009
548 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa
ReaperEXE wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:42 am
Can anyone comment how this fares in the winter? I live in Winnipeg and wouldn’t want it to quit in the middle of winter. I’d rather wait until the durability improves.
This is the wired Pro so no issues with winter. The regular battery-powered Rings don't fare so well as you'll be constantly recharging them. My Pro's been through 2 Ottawa winters with no issues at all.

Edit: FYI, there is still a small internal battery inside this Pro but it's not for constant power, only when it has to ring your home's internal door chime. See my next post for more details:
best-buy-ring-doorbell-pro-w-dot-3rd-ge ... #p30814941
Last edited by stevewk on Apr 16th, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:42 am
Had mine since 2017 and it's done great! I did need to submit a warranty claim though as the power was irregular to my adapter, but they were quick to ship one out to me and replace it (they did place a hold my credit card while waiting for the broken one to be shipped back...)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28828 posts
14630 upvotes
Ottawa
If BB lists the Echo Dot as a separate item, you can return it and get a refund.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8838 posts
1812 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ring Pro may be hardwired but it still have a small battery built-in, once it dies, it will cease to function.

FYI replacement may be needed in the future.
Feb 5, 2016
82 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
are there any other competitors with motion detection that are better?
Jul 11, 2018
60 posts
30 upvotes
I actually bought the doorbell on its own as it was $238.99, I will return it and get this deal..Thanks OP
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Feb 20, 2002
935 posts
321 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:24 pm
If BB lists the Echo Dot as a separate item, you can return it and get a refund.
To hedge my chances, is it better to order online and have it shipped or buy it in store?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1789 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
I just got Ring alarm and I want to get this (i know they don't really play well together, but same app).

Unfortunately my door is slanted away from the walkway/stairs up to my front door, and I just don't see any way I can install this where the normal doorbell is now. unless the FoV is crazy good
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1188 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
Look up the Ring Pro corner kit or wedge kit. May help your situation.
MafiaHitman wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:00 am
I just got Ring alarm and I want to get this (i know they don't really play well together, but same app).

Unfortunately my door is slanted away from the walkway/stairs up to my front door, and I just don't see any way I can install this where the normal doorbell is now. unless the FoV is crazy good