Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Doorbell pro w/ Dot 3rd gen $239.99 save $119

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2019 3:33 pm
Apr 15, 2008
48 posts
17 upvotes
The latest variant of the Ring Pro actually comes with one corner kit. (At least I got one when I submitted for a warranty replacement)

I have to say I was very impressed by their customer service. My Ring was one month out of warranty and they still honoured it and sent me a replacement when mine failed.
Jul 11, 2018
59 posts
30 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:14 am
I'll get the nest hello deal

I have the ring pro and it's not very good in terms of motion detection or delay when someone rings doorbell. Video quality is very poor compared to what I've seen from nest

Wifi even with ring chime pro seems to be lackluster

If I could do it again, would not get ringpro
Actually the nest that delay notification by 20 seconds. Someone somewhere wrote a detailed review and comparison between nest and ringPro.

Side Note: I was able to get the deal, they're actually both the RingPro alone and RingPro+Echo for the about the same price
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8245 posts
540 upvotes
wg49 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 10:50 am
The latest variant of the Ring Pro actually comes with one corner kit. (At least I got one when I submitted for a warranty replacement)

I have to say I was very impressed by their customer service. My Ring was one month out of warranty and they still honoured it and sent me a replacement when mine failed.
yup, when i purchased my second Ring Pro, it came with the corner kit.
Oct 11, 2016
269 posts
44 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:42 am
Can anyone comment how this fares in the winter? I live in Winnipeg and wouldn’t want it to quit in the middle of winter. I’d rather wait until the durability improves.
Well - not from Winnipeg, but installed this in in the northern part of the GTA (Near Canada's Wonderland.) No issues whatsoever. We did have a couple of days -15 this winter and everything worked fine. No issues at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3010 posts
517 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 2:42 am
No way, something like that exists?
When I first got my ring a few years back (things may have changed) I emailed them that it didn't work properly due to the angle, they sent me both kits for free (total was 4 or 6 pieces, two horizontal and two vertical) - you can stack kits on top of each other (e.g. one down and one left, or two left, etc.)
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
I have ring pro, echo, and chime pro for $240 if anyone is interested
all brand new
Last edited by shoei on Apr 18th, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:eek:
[Location]Adelaide/Sherbourne
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Sep 15, 2006
773 posts
223 upvotes
Do you have to pay for a yearly service with Ring for video storage? And if so, can you use it without paying for a plan?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27111 posts
13121 upvotes
Ottawa
engman13 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:05 am
Do you have to pay for a yearly service with Ring for video storage? And if so, can you use it without paying for a plan?
Without a plan, you only have access to live views, no recordings whatsoever.
I have no affiliation with Ring, but the USD $100/year protection plus plan is the most competitive in the market and gives you unlimited connected devices including Ring alarm 24/7 monitoring, should you go that route also.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2470 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
engman13 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:05 am
yes, you pay about $3usd per month

you don't need to pay the subscription - but you will miss out on historical archiving of your videos and get only live feeds
Jul 25, 2013
59 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
can you return the dot and keep the doorbell? how much would you get back?
Oct 2, 2007
158 posts
13 upvotes
Deal looks like it's dead. Only showing a $10 promo saving on the Echo when both are in cart. For a sub total of $298.
Jul 19, 2014
12 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
With either of these doorbell products, could you hook up say an external HDD to your wifi router to make and keep recordings locally, without paying for a subscription???
WTF...missed another RFD hot deal :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27111 posts
13121 upvotes
Ottawa
DirtDoctor wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 7:33 pm
With either of these doorbell products, could you hook up say an external HDD to your wifi router to make and keep recordings locally, without paying for a subscription???
No one has been able to hack it, to allow RTSP.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8245 posts
540 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:10 am
Without a plan, you only have access to live views, no recordings whatsoever.
I have no affiliation with Ring, but the USD $100/year protection plus plan is the most competitive in the market and gives you unlimited connected devices including Ring alarm 24/7 monitoring, should you go that route also.
This is a great plan, but what you need is the ring alarm. There's also the option after you buy the ring alarm of not getting the home monitoring and just have only unlimited recording for all Ring devices for $36 I think, I don't remember exactly how much it was.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1012 posts
395 upvotes
Calgary, AB
tempeste wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:03 am
Deal looks like it's dead. Only showing a $10 promo saving on the Echo when both are in cart. For a sub total of $298.
If it was dead, it is back again. :-)