Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung s9/9+ $150/$200 trade in credit/ upto $400 Gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2018 8:03 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
muffinkevin wrote: Can you use the gift card to pay for the phone? So if I trade in a Galaxy s8:
$250 Out right
-$150 Bonus Credit
-$330 Galaxy S8 Trade in

So I should be getting a $230 gift card for upgrading my Galaxy s8 to S9?
don't forget that you need to sign a new 2 year contract. if you have an existing contract, it needs to be bought out first.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1577 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
lemmiwinks123 wrote: From the rules it says: "it can be any make, any model, any manufacturer and any condition
provided that: (i) it is verifiable in accordance with its serial number, and (ii) was purchased in Canada."

Here's the rules if you want to read further:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/Projects/_Conten ... Rebate-PDP

I was going to trade in my Samsung S7 Edge to get $260 off but now I'm just gonna trade in my 10 year old Blackberry and get the $100 off and just sell the Samsung for way more than $160.
Thats what I want to do as well, I have an antique blackberry that I would love to trade in for $100

I might call in to a Samsung store and ask them about the rules of trading in.

A $100 for a BB Im sold, sell my old S6 for a little bit to help subsidize too.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1577 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Ramzkh wrote: I have the 60.00 10 G plan also. I too do not want to loose this so whats the best way to upgrade?
You pay outright for the phone - You 100% will keep your plan.

Even if you sign up for any other plan now to "subsidize" the cost of the phone, your just spreading the payments out really and paying even more in the end at the end of your contract.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1577 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: I will never pay $1000 for a phone. Ever. In my lifetime. Quote me.

The consumer these to fight these price points. This is out of hand.
Hmmm, should I get a new fridge or a new phone? Cant get both with this budget!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
So what’s the final cost for koodo s9 after GC and tax?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
2706 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto
So what's the difference in Camera between the S9 and S9+ ?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
FoMoHotDeals wrote: update -More info

Because this is a Bestbuy offer and not directly from Samsung

you get min of $150 ($200 for Telus) trade in credit of any device
If your device has no dollar value, doesn't matter, you get the min $150 ($200 Telus) Credit

if your device is valuable (determined by Best Buy) you get up to $400 additional credit as gift card

There is also option to buy outright s9 $949, s9+ $1099
You get $100 min REBATE + the value of your trade in device
Did you get this info from BB?

So my Nexus 5 is showing a TIV of $40. Do I get $140 off base on what you have previously stated?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Is it just me or that black isn't available for preorder on both Samsung and BB's website?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I will never pay $1000 for a phone. Ever. In my lifetime. Quote me.

Quoted. Now what do I get?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
I've never done this before.

So if I do a 2 year tab with koodo I will pay $21 for 24 months (large tab?), 450 for the s9, but will get $200 bill credit and a bestbuy gift card for the trade in value of my phone (up to $400)?

So minimum $200 discount, maximum $600?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3661 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)

What are you talking about?

Fighting what?

There's hundred of different Android phone at hundred of different prices.

Some are cheap, some are expensive. Everything for every need.

It's not like all phone were expensive....

Nobody... NOBODY, force you to buy this phone. You can get an incredible Moto G5 for 139$ that will do 95% of what this phone can do right now instead.

Please tell me, why do you want to police this world even more by dictating what people can do with their money?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
vonblock wrote: What are you talking about?

Fighting what?

There's hundred of different Android phone at hundred of different prices.

Some are cheap, some are expensive. Everything for every need.

It's not like all phone were expensive....

Nobody... NOBODY, force you to buy this phone. You can get an incredible Moto G5 for 139$ that will do 95% of what this phone can do right now instead.

Please tell me, why do you want to police this world even more by dictating what people can do with their money?
This is a discussion forum, is it not? So we are discussing this deal. All I'm trying to say is, we as consumers need to stop purchasing these $1,000 phones so that more phones (And this technology) are placed at a lower price point. They can claim whatever they want to cover costs but at the end of the day, if the purchasing public is not buying this phone, you can guarantee they will think about the price point they are entering at.

It's something to consider. People can buy what they want. To me, this a phone, lasts a few years at best and has little to no return. $300-600 is probably the sweet spot, in my mind. Not $1k for a disposable device, especially when you can drop it or lose it and it's game over.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Sep 28, 2013
315 posts
272 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Sgt_Strider wrote: Is it just me or that black isn't available for preorder on both Samsung and BB's website?
Just the Grey and the Purple one are available in Canada. I wanted black too but will settle for Grey. Once I put a Black cover on it'll look black anyway :)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Did you get this info from BB?

So my Nexus 5 is showing a TIV of $40. Do I get $140 off base on what you have previously stated?
Did you go in-store to ask? I have a nexus 5 as well and couldn't find the value on the best buy website.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
cshaun wrote: I have a S8+ that I got through Bell in August 2017. If I trade it in through Best Buy for the S9+ on Bell, does that mean I pay $379, but get $150 off as well as $400 Best Buy gift card? Seems like a fantastic deal, and just wondering if there is a downside I am not aware of. Like, is this for new activations only and not customers who are within a 2 year contract? Appreciate clarification this!
Sell your s8+ on kijiji, this will be YOUR hot deal!
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
I need to find people trading in their Note 8 and buy it from them before they do so. Why are people trading in their S8 instead of selling it for almost double on Kijiji?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
DaVibe wrote: This is a discussion forum, is it not? So we are discussing this deal. All I'm trying to say is, we as consumers need to stop purchasing these $1,000 phones so that more phones (And this technology) are placed at a lower price point. They can claim whatever they want to cover costs but at the end of the day, if the purchasing public is not buying this phone, you can guarantee they will think about the price point they are entering at.

It's something to consider. People can buy what they want. To me, this a phone, lasts a few years at best and has little to no return. $300-600 is probably the sweet spot, in my mind. Not $1k for a disposable device, especially when you can drop it or lose it and it's game over.
How is it different than Laptops, Tablets, and PCs? You can buy high end ones, low end ones etc.... You can buy in at all sorts of price points depending on what you want?

I get about 3 to 4 years out of a new smartphone. I'm definitely not on the I need a new one every year bandwagon. They easily last more than a year. I still love my s5, and it does everything I need it to do. It's only that it's getting a little slow that's bugging me.

My way of doing things is to buy the best of whatever it is at the time I need it, and then ride it for as long as possible. That way I at least I have the best ever handful of years. When I had less funds, I'd always buy mid quality stuff, but then it always needed to be upgraded more often.

To be honest I'm still considering using my s5 for one more year and wait for the s10.. :)
Last edited by zod on Feb 26th, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.