Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung s9/9+ $150/$200 trade in credit/ upto $400 Gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2018 8:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
If I trade in a 10yr old non smart phone will that still qualiy for the GC rebates?

Im with Telus and the terms and conitions from BestBuy say "You save a minimum of $100 on the outright purchase, new activation or contract renewal of a Samsung GALAXY S9|S9+ when you trade in a select old phone. Offer is open to Canadian residents only. In order for the old phone to be eligible for this offer, it can be any make, any model, any manufacturer and any condition provided that: (i) it is verifiable in accordance with its serial number, and (ii) was purchased in Canada. "

Does that mean I get $100 off with the 10yr old phone? Will I still get the $200 from Telus?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
SuckaB wrote: How much is the cancellation fee for Telus?
Taken from Telus Website Mobility service terms:

If you cancel your service term you will be subject to a cancellation fee. The fee is $20 per month for each remaining month on your service term with a maximum of $400 and a minimum of $100.
May 17, 2011
86 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The trade-in for S9/S9+ has been upped to 250$ with Telus from March 16-18
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: Went in to Best Buy today and did a pre-order. My old 2 year contract expires in early April, so I just need to pay like $10 or whatever to get out a couple weeks early.

To get the S9 for $250, you need to go with Bell, Rogers, or Telus... and you need to be on their most expensive tier of plans.

They said the best thing to do would be if I share my wife's data with Telus so that I don't have to get a data plan. So I think it'll be like $70 a month for 2 years... and I share my wife's 3 gigs of data. But she didn't use all her data, and I only had 1 gig before and didn't use it either... so this will work for me. Otherwise, I think the cheapest plan that would get you the phone for $250 would be over $100 a month.

I'm trading in an old Samsung Galaxy Core for the $200 trade in credit. I get $0 in best buy gift card cause the phone is so bad. If I trade in my current LG G3, I would get a $40 best buy gift card. I'd rather just keep my phone... could probably get more for it on kijiji. So as far as I can tell, the "up to $400 bestbuy giftcard" thing is basically worthless. You're probably better off trading in a beater phone and selling your old phone separately.

Anyways... really looking forward to this phone. I do photography as a hobby and I've wanted a point and shoot camera (like a Sony RX100 V) for a while... but decided to just get this sweet phone because the camera in this is pretty damn good from what I can tell. Obviously still not as good as something like a Sony RX 100 V... but I'll always have it on me.

Also really excited about the slow motion video. My DLSR only does 720p at 60 fps.... so really looking forward to trying the slow motion videography.

Main reason I'm buying this phone is for the camera... so glad to hear that it seems to be living up to the hype so far.
IMO if you are not printing the pics, even s8 should be good enough. I personally would spend the money on rx100 or a fuji x100t and make an effort to carry it with me.
Mar 15, 2018
1 posts
Quick question - not sure if it has been answered, couldn't find it.

If I buy the S9+ unlocked in-store (already reserved and ready for pickup), do I do the trade-in right there at the store to get "$100 + trade in value"? Or do I have to go to Galaxyupgrade.ca after making the purchase?

The table in the terms of service here: https://galaxyupgrade.ca/terms-of-service/
says "Best Buy - Outright - $100 + Trade-in value cheque through Galaxyupgrade.ca"

But prior to today BestBuy.ca was showing the unlocked preorder as online only, leading me to believe the table was assuming the outright purchase would be made online.

So I am a little confused.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I just got back from Best Buy. Ended up getting the s9 totally free. Traded in a basically garbage samsung galaxy core that we had laying around.

I had to get a premium+ plan for 2 years. I went with Telus because my wife uses Telus and she had 3 gigs of data that she doesn't use much of.

So the cost of the plan is $80 per month with no data... but I'm sharing my wife's 3 gigs of data. I only had 1 gig on my old plan, so that's fine. And the guy was able to give us an extra gig for free too, so it's all basically the same as before. We also save $10 per month since we're adding a family member to the account... so my bill is effectively $70 per month. I get unlimited daytime. I don't get unlimited Canada long distance, but I get free long distance with my wife, which is all I really need anyways (would have been an extra $10 per month I think).

Overall, I'm happy with the deal I got. My phone plan is essentially the same as my last one, except I'm paying $10 more per month ($70 + tax). And I got the phone totally free (had to trade in a phone that was basically worthless).

Haven't had the chance to use the phone much, but it looks pretty sweet!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1571 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
So they took a worthless phone as a $250 trade in?

I thought the phone had to be worth $99 and the bonus would bring it to a $250 total trade in value.
Sep 26, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I went today at BestBuy and got a S9+ for 130$; 2 years with Rogers. The plan is 87$/month. Traded in a broked note 3. Got 250$ off from 380$. Pretty good deal since I was already paying 77$/month.

Also since Rogers has a deal with Desjardins, I got 10% off each month. So it brings my plan to 78$/month for 24 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
I got a question, I preordered S9+ From BestBuy and returned it the same day, because it wiped out my entire afternoon of setup after inserting the SIM card at the end. From what I read, it will do that every time a SIM from a different carrier is inserted. Making it basically useless for international travel. I am reading conflicting info and would like to get some personal experiences from others before I consider re-buying it (I found an old phone in the meantime).
Jan 15, 2017
353 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
aos007 wrote: I got a question, I preordered S9+ From BestBuy and returned it the same day, because it wiped out my entire afternoon of setup after inserting the SIM card at the end. From what I read, it will do that every time a SIM from a different carrier is inserted. Making it basically useless for international travel. I am reading conflicting info and would like to get some personal experiences from others before I consider re-buying it (I found an old phone in the meantime).
Lots of ppl had the same problem, myself included. It's just natural to leave your old phone untouched while setting up your new phone, then transfer over the SIM. They really should have a warning for this stupid "feature".

Anyway you should be fine:
WorldIRC wrote: It only wipes on the first Canadian sim insert. You'll be fine.
shinku wrote: It will hard reset the first time only not every time you put in a new carrier sim. Speaking from experience as I travel a lot and have been using Samsung phones since the original galaxy. Since S6 this one SKU system started.
Mar 10, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
Thanks OP , I bought Samsung S9 from bestbuy. Phone was priced at $599 Rogers smart Tab. I gave them 10 years old working phone they dropped $250 and charged me $ 349.

I am on Rogers smart Tab on share everything secondary line. Now a days rogers do not offer newer phones at discounted price for smart tab users. This was a great buy getting newer phone with $250 off .

Just checked my account and devise balance is $419 . So that $250 did not added to my devise balance which is good.

I also upgrade phone on my primary line Rogers premium plan (NOT PREMIUM PLUS). got iphone 8 Plus 64 GB for $229 - $50 trade-in credit (gave them junk 15 years old phone that doesnt even work) . $179 for iphone 8 plus on premium plan is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
sam100 wrote: Thanks OP , I bought Samsung S9 from bestbuy. Phone was priced at $599 Rogers smart Tab. I gave them 10 years old working phone they dropped $250 and charged me $ 349.

I am on Rogers smart Tab on share everything secondary line. Now a days rogers do not offer newer phones at discounted price for smart tab users. This was a great buy getting newer phone with $250 off .

Just checked my account and devise balance is $419 . So that $250 did not added to my devise balance which is good.

I also upgrade phone on my primary line Rogers premium plan (NOT PREMIUM PLUS). got iphone 8 Plus 64 GB for $229 - $50 trade-in credit (gave them junk 15 years old phone that doesnt even work) . $179 for iphone 8 plus on premium plan is a great deal.
yea but your monthly fee is ridiculously high? isn't it?
Mar 10, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: yea but your monthly fee is ridiculously high? isn't it?
I pay 70$ for my premium line and $50 for my secondary smart tab line ($120 per month 2 GB unlimited talk and text canada wide) . I also get $15 off $120 because of my bundle discount. Net i pay $105 for both line
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
sam100 wrote: I pay 70$ for my premium line and $50 for my secondary smart tab line ($120 per month 2 GB unlimited talk and text canada wide) . I also get $15 off $120 because of my bundle discount. Net i pay $105 for both line
Seems pricey...(from the 2GB data perspective). Good thing on the unlimited talk and text Canada-wide.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10991 posts
13540 upvotes
The Samsung store in Yorkdale is offering the $150 trade in value applied to the new purchase of an S9 or S9+ until April 30. It was not necessary to go through all the online hoops and we received equal value for a phone we hadn't used in years.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
sam100 wrote: I pay 70$ for my premium line and $50 for my secondary smart tab line ($120 per month 2 GB unlimited talk and text canada wide) . I also get $15 off $120 because of my bundle discount. Net i pay $105 for both line
I only pay $85 both lines both have tab on it s9+ and iPhone 8.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)