Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Samsung s9/9+ $150/$200 trade in credit/ upto $400 Gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2018 8:03 pm
Aug 27, 2009
863 posts
688 upvotes
Personally I think it's an ok deal but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a flagship anymore. Year old flagships are usually 50%+ off and mobile tech improvements have slowed significantly (YoY).
Looking forward to see what kind of gains are on the S9 vs the brand new S8 I got for 404$+tax all in (Boxing day sale).
Last edited by lleb13 on Feb 27th, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3215 posts
850 upvotes
GTA
lleb13 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 1:14 pm
Personally I think it's an ok deal but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a flagship anymore. Year old flagships are usually 50%+ off and mobile tech improvements have slowed significantly (YoY).
Looking forward to see what kind of gains are on the S9 vs the brand new S8 I got for 404$+tax all in (BF sale).
Besides the incremental cpu updates as usual, the camera on the 9+ is looking like the best ever low light shooter. Unless you're mainly for the camera, probably not a big enough upgrade from an 8.
May 1, 2013
471 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
98jbsz wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 11:37 pm

So what is the difference between dual pixel sensor vs. dual lens??

Trying to figure out if the s9+ camera is better..
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1495 posts
654 upvotes
Markham
Ferocious12 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 2:04 pm
So what is the difference between dual pixel sensor vs. dual lens??

Trying to figure out if the s9+ camera is better..
S9+ has 2x optical zoom camera which would make background blurs possible for portraits.
cd ~/cloudbox
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
824 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Has any trade-in credit for the unlock phone without "smart"?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1020 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
I am not sure of all the plans allowed, but I don't want a new plan. Do you think it would make sense (be cheaper) for me to sign up for a new line and get all these rebates and then cancel? Or better to just grab the $150 + phone rebate off of Samsung's site? Any phone I trade would be worth something low like $20. I am gonna pay in full, but not sure what is the cheapest option.
[external advertising links removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3215 posts
850 upvotes
GTA
shmogt wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 3:18 pm
I am not sure of all the plans allowed, but I don't want a new plan. Do you think it would make sense (be cheaper) for me to sign up for a new line and get all these rebates and then cancel? Or better to just grab the $150 + phone rebate off of Samsung's site? Any phone I trade would be worth something low like $20. I am gonna pay in full, but not sure what is the cheapest option.
Samsung. Even if the phone you submit is worth $0, $150 off. Getting a plan will have you paying prorated plan charges, maybe even sim charges.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19008 posts
455 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Zyphur wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 3:26 am
Besides the incremental cpu updates as usual, the camera on the 9+ is looking like the best ever low light shooter. Unless you're mainly for the camera, probably not a big enough upgrade from an 8.
That's amazing. Would Samsung's multi-frame noise reduction technology apply to the RAW files coming out of the S9/S9+?
May 13, 2015
436 posts
497 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Went in to Best Buy today and did a pre-order. My old 2 year contract expires in early April, so I just need to pay like $10 or whatever to get out a couple weeks early.

To get the S9 for $250, you need to go with Bell, Rogers, or Telus... and you need to be on their most expensive tier of plans.

They said the best thing to do would be if I share my wife's data with Telus so that I don't have to get a data plan. So I think it'll be like $70 a month for 2 years... and I share my wife's 3 gigs of data. But she didn't use all her data, and I only had 1 gig before and didn't use it either... so this will work for me. Otherwise, I think the cheapest plan that would get you the phone for $250 would be over $100 a month.

I'm trading in an old Samsung Galaxy Core for the $200 trade in credit. I get $0 in best buy gift card cause the phone is so bad. If I trade in my current LG G3, I would get a $40 best buy gift card. I'd rather just keep my phone... could probably get more for it on kijiji. So as far as I can tell, the "up to $400 bestbuy giftcard" thing is basically worthless. You're probably better off trading in a beater phone and selling your old phone separately.

Anyways... really looking forward to this phone. I do photography as a hobby and I've wanted a point and shoot camera (like a Sony RX100 V) for a while... but decided to just get this sweet phone because the camera in this is pretty damn good from what I can tell. Obviously still not as good as something like a Sony RX 100 V... but I'll always have it on me.

Also really excited about the slow motion video. My DLSR only does 720p at 60 fps.... so really looking forward to trying the slow motion videography.

Main reason I'm buying this phone is for the camera... so glad to hear that it seems to be living up to the hype so far.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1889 posts
908 upvotes
GTA
If I trade in a 10yr old non smart phone will that still qualiy for the GC rebates?

Im with Telus and the terms and conitions from BestBuy say "You save a minimum of $100 on the outright purchase, new activation or contract renewal of a Samsung GALAXY S9|S9+ when you trade in a select old phone. Offer is open to Canadian residents only. In order for the old phone to be eligible for this offer, it can be any make, any model, any manufacturer and any condition provided that: (i) it is verifiable in accordance with its serial number, and (ii) was purchased in Canada. "

Does that mean I get $100 off with the 10yr old phone? Will I still get the $200 from Telus?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1889 posts
908 upvotes
GTA
SuckaB wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 6:48 pm
How much is the cancellation fee for Telus?
Taken from Telus Website Mobility service terms:

If you cancel your service term you will be subject to a cancellation fee. The fee is $20 per month for each remaining month on your service term with a maximum of $400 and a minimum of $100.
May 17, 2011
43 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The trade-in for S9/S9+ has been upped to 250$ with Telus from March 16-18