Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB V10 Micro SD ($39.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2019 10:07 am
Oct 4, 2008
792 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta

[Best Buy] SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB V10 Micro SD ($39.99)

Probably a repost, my apologies to OP.
This is probably not that great a deal, but where's today's good deal on 64 / 128 micro SD?
I missed out on the Kingston Canvas Go, rats.
-
16 replies
Nov 29, 2005
582 posts
177 upvotes
This always trips me out from the Amazon site:

Important information
Legal Disclaimer
These are new cards sold in China to Chinese. We buy them wholesale. The, packaging and speeds may differ but they work just as good, so this is why they are less expensive,. We do periodic testing and we use them ourselves. Try them, and if not fully satisfied we can replace it or refund your money. Tis The holidays , please keep in mind shipping delays are starting :) We can ship it express to you for $6 extra dollars.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah I'd pay the extra few $ to get them from BB over Amazon. There's a greater likelihood of knowing what you're getting.
Jul 22, 2013
13 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Best Buy has the Ultra Plus on sale, the one you posted on Amazon is the Ultra and that is about the regular price for that card.
Dec 15, 2015
523 posts
524 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'd rather buy from Best Buy. Support local.
"You have to risk it for the biscuit"
"$34/80GB BYOD FiDO"
Jan 26, 2009
521 posts
153 upvotes
North York
It appears as though the Ultra and Ultra Plus have the same transfer speeds (100MBps). Only the Ultra is always hovering around $30. Why the price difference between the two?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
jhinkarlo wrote: I'd rather buy from Best Buy. Support local.
Does "support local" really apply to Best Buy?
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Nov 25, 2018
164 posts
221 upvotes
Local what? BB is one US conglomerate just like Amazon but not as big. See BB marketplace.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
yu119995 wrote: It appears as though the Ultra and Ultra Plus have the same transfer speeds (100MBps). Only the Ultra is always hovering around $30. Why the price difference between the two?
Ultra Plus will have slightly better write speeds, most likely. The Ultra Plus also gets the V10 speed rating whereas the Ultra, for some reason, does not. The write performance is likely more consistent on the Ultra Plus.

Other than that they are both Ultras and nothing spectacular, nothing to get excited about. Extreme (and Extreme Plus & Pro) are the only ones to get if you want a card with half decent write speeds--sales come along here and there for the regular Extremes making them not far in price from Ultras and they are much better cards. If you're only interested in storage and don't care about performance though, you're right you can get an Ultra for a decent price all day long at Costco, for example.
Oct 7, 2018
55 posts
25 upvotes
Costco has these same ones for $30, bought an 128GB one for my switch last week.
Dec 15, 2015
523 posts
524 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Pingalino wrote: Does "support local" really apply to Best Buy?
I mean supporting the local store and their employees.
"You have to risk it for the biscuit"
"$34/80GB BYOD FiDO"
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Rerfderf wrote: Costco has these same ones for $30, bought an 128GB one for my switch last week.
Pretty sure the Costco ones are Ultra and not Ultra Plus. That said I don't think Ultra Plus is worth $10 more than the regular Ultra (well I haven't seen tests on both cards to be fair, but the difference is probably not huge).
Sep 26, 2008
343 posts
155 upvotes
Longueuil
I was looking up the difference myself and came across something that said the Ultra Plus is a 40 mb/s write speed and the Ultra is 10 mb/s. Also the Ultra Plus has a lifetime warranty where the Ultra has a 10 year warranty. Other than that everything else is the same.