Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Schwinn Airdyne AD7 (air bike) - $799 (Reg. $1250)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 8:41 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC

[Best Buy] Schwinn Airdyne AD7 (air bike) - $799 (Reg. $1250)

*** Update, price just dropped to $799. Anyone who bought one can price match it.***

Excellent price on the Airdyne AD7. This model rarely goes on sale below the MSRP of $1250

I own a Rogue Echo and if I wasn't able to get it cheaply I would have bought the AD7 at this price in a second. The main advantage of the AD7 over the Echo is that it has been designed for people of different heights with its multiple hand positions. Also the AD7 is smoother with less wind resistance than the Echo, which also means it is slightly quieter.

The Echo on the other hand provides a more stable platform with less flex, largely due to it being a much heavier machine made of steel. The Echo is designed for larger (5'6" +) people with a heavier upper body workout.

The best thing about these machines is that they are zero maintenance and low impact.

Last edited by lincoln on Jan 7th, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
160 replies
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC
The Rogue Echo Bike is $750 USD if you pick it up at the border or $1250 CAD + shipping if you order it from the Canadian site. That's why this AD7 is such a great deal.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-bike

https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-echo-bike
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Oct 24, 2010
119 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered one. Thanks OP, will be great for those days that I bail on the gym. No excuses not being able to put on some shorts for 30 minutes.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC
bam136 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 6:20 pm
Ordered one. Thanks OP, will be great for those days that I bail on the gym. No excuses not being able to put on some shorts for 30 minutes.
No worries, just make sure you rock those arm only interval sessions ;)

Abraham Lincoln
Oct 29, 2011
100 posts
12 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks OP.
Just ordered one.
May 9, 2010
321 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa
lincoln wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 4:34 pm
The Rogue Echo Bike is $750 USD if you pick it up at the border or $1250 CAD + shipping if you order it from the Canadian site. That's why this AD7 is such a great deal.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-bike

https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-echo-bike
The echo seems to be on sale for 1034$. In your opinion, is the AD7 still a better deal?
Mar 6, 2012
92 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
I hope it's more reliable than the AD2 which I have and is very poorly built.
Jul 18, 2017
175 posts
119 upvotes
Wish the C2 was a little bit discounted. Sold my last one, still regret it.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC
Sketchydrifter wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 7:57 am
The echo seems to be on sale for 1034$. In your opinion, is the AD7 still a better deal?
The shipping cost is $400 on the Canadian site, so that makes it still $500 more expensive + tax.

I'd only recommend getting the Rogue Echo Bike if you're willing to drive across the border and pick it up at a freight forwarder so that you can take advantage of the free shipping. The Echo will still be $200 more than the AD7 though if you include all your costs.

If you're asking me if the Echo is better than the AD7, debatable. It really depends on who will be using it and your fitness level.
As I mentioned above, AD7 has more versatility whereas the Echo is overbuilt piece of machinery.

Both will give you a hard workout, so it's all about personal preference if that $200 is worth it to you. The Echo is a little bit intimidating because of its weight, handle size and resistance from the fan.
Last edited by lincoln on Dec 16th, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC
Sebrondeau wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 8:08 am
I hope it's more reliable than the AD2 which I have and is very poorly built.
The AD7 and the Echo Bike are gym grade and are built for longevity, similar to Concept 2 products. The AD2 is a poor piece of machinery, with an uncomfortable seat and lots of flex. I have no experience with the AD6 but at $600 you're better off spending the extra $300 for the AD7.
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 25, 2010
289 posts
138 upvotes
I paid 400$ more for this bike two months ago. Damn. Great price with free shipping. Super solid, easy to assemble, smooth and very convinient phone holder and water holder. The display is very nice too. The wind it makes is perfect to stay cool, can also get an adapter that blocks the wind almost completely. Wind noise is loud though on these things, get some earphones and won't even hear it though. I love how smooth and natural it feels peddling it. Jump on it.
Jan 8, 2008
373 posts
47 upvotes
I have this bike. I needed a fitness product with a smaller footprint than my treadmill. This bike is excellent and will kick your ass if you let it. It's silky smooth and fairly quiet. I like to stand and ride.

Great price for a great piece of equipment.

If you had any inclination of getting it, go for it.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7316 posts
1821 upvotes
Washington, DC
AAAAAAA7 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 9:12 pm
Wind noise is loud though on these things, get some earphones and won't even hear it though. I love how smooth and natural it feels peddling it. Jump on it.
Totally agree, I just put in some Bluetooth headphones and throw YouTube/Netflix on the TV.

I also agree that the fan cover is totally unnecessary. It's like a self powered air conditioner ;)
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 18, 2016
79 posts
71 upvotes
Dang does not ship to Quebec : /

Oh well I'll just go and grab another cookie that my gf just cooked for Christmas guests lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1461 posts
304 upvotes
so....for a completely unfit person looking to get into a home exercise equipment - is this one level too high?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)