Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB 3.5" USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive $180

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
jetson833 wrote: Well some people in the thread are talking about taking it out and using it as internal drive which I don't recommend if it's for non-media stuff. I think at $22.50/TB it's the cheapest right now.
If you found one that have WD red in it at this price or a bit more let me know.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I bought this last boxing day for 199 and its been good.Not fast its a bit on the slow side to transfer files.But for price its good.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Perfect. In for 6. Needed to upgrade some 2tb drives, and do some 1:1 backups.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Can you take these out of the enclosure and use as an internal? I did it with the Backup Plus 5 TB drives (2 x drives in RAID1) but I read in another thread someone said you couldn't do that with these but they never replied why that was, anyone know?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
mine died with minimal use and its been only 10 months from the last sale. I had to spend $20 to ship it back but they pay to ship it back to you
😃
Oct 4, 2008
167 posts
384 upvotes
Just price matched at Memory Express.

Came out to be $170.99

Memory Express won’t be price matching on Black Friday.. so better hurry up or wait till after Black Friday to price match

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
jetson833 wrote: Well some people in the thread are talking about taking it out and using it as internal drive which I don't recommend if it's for non-media stuff. I think at $22.50/TB it's the cheapest right now.
Taking mine out to put into my xpenology box
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
SMR drives -> are they ok for continuously adding new things? or will it start dying if it's worked on too much? lol not familiar with this at all, pardon the stupid question.
Nov 22, 2017
2 posts
I used two of these in my desktop to run my media for Plex. Recently one crashed so I will be purchasing another one, but not removing it from the case and leaving as an external drive.
Nov 22, 2017
2 posts
How did you get warranty on it? I removed mine after purchasing at Black Friday last year and it crashed a few weeks ago. I typed it into the validation tool on Seagate website and it says it is part of a component and has to be returned to BB. They wont do anything for me.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22154 posts
10318 upvotes
Toronto
I bought two of these online around 7:00 am in case they sell out at the Toronto Eaton Centre store. I dropped by the store around 10:15 and purchased two of these drives. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. There was no line up to get in, store wasn't very crowded.

I got back to the office at 11:00 am but it was too late to cancel my online order.

Buddy is also going to BB USA to see if he can pick up a couple of WD 8TB externals with WD Reds inside.
Oct 5, 2009
881 posts
105 upvotes
Regina
Spazhead13 wrote: yes and seagate still honours the warranty on the drive without case
Really? Is this on their website somewhere?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
I only had two external hdd died on me. One very lightly used but it's a generic brand and they have a crappy drive in there. The other one I drop a bunch of time so ya. So far they are pretty reliable for just backup.
Jan 3, 2013
30 posts
12 upvotes
Shiftup wrote: Really? Is this on their website somewhere?
Nope, from personal experience. Return 2 drives just last month that was in its last month of its 2 year warranty. When creating the rma it will notify you that this drive was part of an assembly and you will have to choose if you are just returning the drive ONLY or the whole USB assembly, because they will either send you a plain drive or a complete USB enclosure drive. Plus it doesn’t say anywhere that opening the enclosure will void your warranty.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
does bb have extended holiday hours or is it they still close at 9pm?
Oct 5, 2009
881 posts
105 upvotes
Regina
Spazhead13 wrote: Nope, from personal experience. Return 2 drives just last month that was in its last month of its 2 year warranty. When creating the rma it will notify you that this drive was part of an assembly and you will have to choose if you are just returning the drive ONLY or the whole USB assembly, because they will either send you a plain drive or a complete USB enclosure drive. Plus it doesn’t say anywhere that opening the enclosure will void your warranty.
Thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)