Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Select Philips Hue Lighting (20-30% Off) A19 Color $35 / A19 White Ambiance $21

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 6:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta

[Best Buy] Select Philips Hue Lighting (20-30% Off) A19 Color $35 / A19 White Ambiance $21

Best Buy is currently running a pretty great promotion on select Philips Hue lights...

Buy 2 select Philips Hue bulbs and get 20% OFF
Buy 3 select Philips Hue bulbs and get 25% OFF
Buy 4 select Philips Hue bulbs and get 30% OFF

The A19 color bulbs are on sale for $50 (reg $60) and if you buy 4 or more, that price drops down to $35 each. The white ambiance lights in the 2-packs (reg price $60) drop down to $42 or $21 per bulb when purchased in the 2-pack.

I purchased 5x A19 color and 6x white ambiance and received ~$178 is savings and a total of $315 with taxes. Plus use ebates for an additional 1.5% cash back.

These are some of the best prices I've seen on these bulbs outside of clearance/error pricing and without the need to sell hub/alexa/home mini to recoup any costs....

Updated link to show only eligible bulbs...
Last edited by Lush78 on May 23rd, 2019 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
MattG65633 wrote: what do i need for a hub?
You'll need a philips hue hub... I don't think any of the starter packs are included in this deal, at least not the one I checked... This is a great deal for those looking for extra bulbs without having to buy a bundle...
Dec 14, 2006
417 posts
386 upvotes
If you are in Calgary, I've got a couple extras. I'll sell you one for a fair price ;p
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2862 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I can't seem to add any of these to my shopping cart when signed in or out. Anyone else having trouble?

Edit: seems to be working now.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Saw similar deal at Lowe's in Vaughan, might be many retailers - worth checking different rebates
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
I cherry-picked the "hot" from this deal and added to the title... These are some of the best individual prices for the most popular bulbs I can recall.

A19 color is regularly price at $60, but are reduced to $35 when maximizing this deal...
A19 white ambiance, when purchased in the 2-pack, drop from their individual price of $40 down to $21.

I currently have 55 hue lights of nearly all variants, and the 11 I just ordered will bring me up to 66. I know that hue claims to support 50 lights last I heard, but I've had no problems yet with 50+, so I hope i don't start to encounter problems with system capacity... Anyone running more than 1 hub?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
This is a good deal if you need bulbs
Nov 27, 2018
169 posts
289 upvotes
Can I buy mix of 4 (white and color) and get full discount 30% off?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
ededed3 wrote: Can I buy mix of 4 (white and color) and get full discount 30% off?
Yes you can... You can order any combination of the bulbs listed in the link. Any 4 will net 30% savings...
Nov 17, 2014
596 posts
608 upvotes
QC
Lush78 wrote: I cherry-picked the "hot" from this deal and added to the title... These are some of the best individual prices for the most popular bulbs I can recall.

A19 color is regularly price at $60, but are reduced to $35 when maximizing this deal...
A19 white ambiance, when purchased in the 2-pack, drop from their individual price of $40 down to $21.

I currently have 55 hue lights of nearly all variants, and the 11 I just ordered will bring me up to 66. I know that hue claims to support 50 lights last I heard, but I've had no problems yet with 50+, so I hope i don't start to encounter problems with system capacity... Anyone running more than 1 hub?
Yes. But. I'm a big user of philips hue and by experience, color bulbs are the ones i use least. I'd rather have the Go, and other stand alone lamps that already do the color rather than have a regular lamp fixture emit color lighting (those are reseved for white/yellow). I find it looks better, less 'tacky' and 'tuning' :D
Nov 27, 2018
169 posts
289 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Yes you can... You can order any combination of the bulbs listed in the link. Any 4 will net 30% savings...
Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
zewill wrote: Yes. But. I'm a big user of philips hue and by experience, color bulbs are the ones i use least. I'd rather have the Go, and other stand alone lamps that already do the color rather than have a regular lamp fixture emit color lighting (those are reseved for white/yellow). I find it looks better, less 'tacky' and 'tuning' :D
I rarely use the color options on the bulbs either. I like the ability to adjust the color temperature though. I mostly use lightstrips for my color accents under tables/counters/cupboards/bias lighting, plus some hue accent lamps. The color is sometimes fun for parties and use with hue sync for gaming and music.
Nov 27, 2018
169 posts
289 upvotes
Do we know when the deal will expire, waiting for a credit card to arrive likely next week.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
ededed3 wrote: Do we know when the deal will expire, waiting for a credit card to arrive likely next week.
I'm not sure about the 20-30% deal. Its advertised that the sale on the A19 color ends on May 30, but that is a different promotion. Best buy sales are mostly Friday -Thursday with a new flyer releasing every Friday.
Nov 16, 2015
7 posts
4 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Actually if you only buy one "white ambiance lights in the 2-packs" there is no discount. I wonder if I can buy two packs and have the 20% off deal, then return one? Will Best buy return half the price that I paid so I effectively have 20% off on one pack?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
jenni1234 wrote: Actually if you only buy one "white ambiance lights in the 2-packs" there is no discount. I wonder if I can buy two packs and have the 20% off deal, then return one? Will Best buy return half the price that I paid so I effectively have 20% off on one pack?
Correct. The 2-pack only constitutes one item, hence no discount. I won't be commenting on fraudulent activities...
Nov 27, 2018
169 posts
289 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I'm not sure about the 20-30% deal. Its advertised that the sale on the A19 color ends on May 30, but that is a different promotion. Best buy sales are mostly Friday -Thursday with a new flyer releasing every Friday.
That's good to know, so likely the 20-30% deal will end tomorrow, will buy now, if the deal still exist next week, then I will buy with new card and return the other purchase
Jun 28, 2006
977 posts
142 upvotes
Calgary
Tempted to get more bulbs, I have some of the A19's in my ceiling pot lights and I know that the "proper" bulbs are those BR30's.

I guess I could repurpose those and get the correct bulbs...

The 4 pack of White A19's at the 30% off brings that pack down to $45.49 or just a little above $11 a bulb. Close to that magic $10 a bulb number!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)