Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Select Philips Hue Lighting (20-30% Off) A19 Color $35 / A19 White Ambiance $21

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 6:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
ededed3 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:00 am
Do we know when the deal will expire, waiting for a credit card to arrive likely next week.
I'm not sure about the 20-30% deal. Its advertised that the sale on the A19 color ends on May 30, but that is a different promotion. Best buy sales are mostly Friday -Thursday with a new flyer releasing every Friday.
Nov 16, 2015
3 posts
Waterloo, ON
Actually if you only buy one "white ambiance lights in the 2-packs" there is no discount. I wonder if I can buy two packs and have the 20% off deal, then return one? Will Best buy return half the price that I paid so I effectively have 20% off on one pack?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
jenni1234 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:46 am
Actually if you only buy one "white ambiance lights in the 2-packs" there is no discount. I wonder if I can buy two packs and have the 20% off deal, then return one? Will Best buy return half the price that I paid so I effectively have 20% off on one pack?
Correct. The 2-pack only constitutes one item, hence no discount. I won't be commenting on fraudulent activities...
Nov 27, 2018
94 posts
74 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:37 am
I'm not sure about the 20-30% deal. Its advertised that the sale on the A19 color ends on May 30, but that is a different promotion. Best buy sales are mostly Friday -Thursday with a new flyer releasing every Friday.
That's good to know, so likely the 20-30% deal will end tomorrow, will buy now, if the deal still exist next week, then I will buy with new card and return the other purchase
Jun 28, 2006
818 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Tempted to get more bulbs, I have some of the A19's in my ceiling pot lights and I know that the "proper" bulbs are those BR30's.

I guess I could repurpose those and get the correct bulbs...

The 4 pack of White A19's at the 30% off brings that pack down to $45.49 or just a little above $11 a bulb. Close to that magic $10 a bulb number!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
aelam wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 1:34 pm
Tempted to get more bulbs, I have some of the A19's in my ceiling pot lights and I know that the "proper" bulbs are those BR30's.

I guess I could repurpose those and get the correct bulbs...

The 4 pack of White A19's at the 30% off brings that pack down to $45.49 or just a little above $11 a bulb. Close to that magic $10 a bulb number!
I rarely see discounts on the specialty bulbs, at least nothing great. The best deal I could find on a quick search here was 20% off one time. Something you may want to weigh on your decision...
Jun 28, 2006
818 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Lush78 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 1:57 pm
I rarely see discounts on the specialty bulbs, at least nothing great. The best deal I could find on a quick search here was 20% off one time. Something you may want to weigh on your decision...
Yeah, I'm surprised the chandelier and other PAR bulbs aren't on the list but the BR30's are.

I have a question for you heavy users with the Hue Motion Sensors - is it possible to use "Motion" as a switch? I was wondering if it would be possible to have the lights come "ON" as I go downstairs to the basement and then remain on as long as I'm down there. Then the lights would turn "OFF" on the next motion detected. I guess this only works for a single person but I was wondering if this type of functionality is possible.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
aelam wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 3:23 pm
Yeah, I'm surprised the chandelier and other PAR bulbs aren't on the list but the BR30's are.

I have a question for you heavy users with the Hue Motion Sensors - is it possible to use "Motion" as a switch? I was wondering if it would be possible to have the lights come "ON" as I go downstairs to the basement and then remain on as long as I'm down there. Then the lights would turn "OFF" on the next motion detected. I guess this only works for a single person but I was wondering if this type of functionality is possible.
I have a couple of hue motion sensors, but I mostly use smartthings motion sensors, I have 18 of those. I checked my hue app and it only allows for discrete "motion on" triggers for day and night, and separate for "no motion". It doesn't look like you can assign two different "motion on" activities. I'm nearly certain this could be done with smartthings sensors though.
Apr 22, 2006
953 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't it better to wait a couple of weeks for the Wyze bulbs to come out?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
torontoguy777 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 3:56 pm
Not if you are already invested in the hue ecosystem... Plus it looks like you can only adjust the temperature and not colors. It also doesn't use a hub and nothing beats hue for compatibility with other manufacturers...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1312 posts
152 upvotes
torontoguy777 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 3:56 pm
I thought this was only available for pre-order in the US.
Jun 28, 2006
818 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Lush78 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 3:53 pm
I have a couple of hue motion sensors, but I mostly use smartthings motion sensors, I have 18 of those. I checked my hue app and it only allows for discrete "motion on" triggers for day and night, and separate for "no motion". It doesn't look like you can assign two different "motion on" activities. I'm nearly certain this could be done with smartthings sensors though.
Ah, thanks for checking. I was thinking that it would be tough to have this functionality (mainly because you would just put the sensor into the basement proper and utilize motion as a trigger but in my particular case I want the stairwell lit as well). I think the actual way I would achieve this is to have to buy two motion sensors, one for the staircase and then one for the basement and have them zoned.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
aelam wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 6:11 pm
Ah, thanks for checking. I was thinking that it would be tough to have this functionality (mainly because you would just put the sensor into the basement proper and utilize motion as a trigger but in my particular case I want the stairwell lit as well). I think the actual way I would achieve this is to have to buy two motion sensors, one for the staircase and then one for the basement and have them zoned.
I would consider getting into smartthings if you would like to perform a higher level of automation. It's basically only limited by your imagination. I use the smartthings motion and multipurpose (door) sensors to automate my lighting. I no longer have to need to operate any light switch in my house.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1305 posts
1217 upvotes
Alberta
New week of sales started today and this offer remains the same including the A19 color bulb still on sale for $50 ($35 if 4 or more bulbs are purchased).
Jun 28, 2006
818 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Lush78 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 8:55 am
New week of sales started today and this offer remains the same including the A19 color bulb still on sale for $50 ($35 if 4 or more bulbs are purchased).
What I really want is a sale on the motion sensors and/or the lamps!