• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1130 posts
202 upvotes
82, I agree. It is 100% smart-silk... whatever the hell that means. Although in the specs it says 100% silk for duvet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
8987 posts
1181 upvotes
I checked their website and see this page: http://www.smartsilk.com/topic/27-our-s ... ntage.aspx

The only thing special is "Our SmartSilk™ is stretched into sheets and laid layer - on top of layer - on top of layer." The rest is just typical characteristics of natural silk.

I planned to open just the twin, if it doesn't live up to its claim, I will return the queen.
dannyphones wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:29 am
82, I agree. It is 100% smart-silk... whatever the hell that means. Although in the specs it says 100% silk for duvet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6073 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
I asked myself the same ? why are BB/FS selling crap like duvets, protein powders and vitamins? Also i'm skeptical since I don't recall BB/ FS ever selling sheets and duvets before so why would they now, and also why start selling a premium duvets set such a low price lower than any CDN or US retailer? since when are they about giving the high quality products at the lowest price?

could this be a sign of things to come?
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
8987 posts
1181 upvotes
this is kind of off topic but here is why:
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=BBY+ ... undefined;

Bestbuy is having a hard time to sustain the revenue and profit. So it is leveraging its distribution channels and logistic power to expand its market horizontally. I have a feeling at some points, it will do something to its Futureshop brand. It may re-organizes FS to focus in appliances, lifestyle products in addition to technology products while BBY focus in technology, mobile devices. Or simply kill of redundant FS stores and merge the two brands.
Neovingian wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:20 pm
I asked myself the same ? why are BB/FS selling crap like duvets, protein powders and vitamins? Also i'm skeptical since I don't recall BB/ FS ever selling sheets and duvets before so why would they now, and also why start selling a premium duvets set such a low price lower than any CDN or US retailer? since when are they about giving the high quality products at the lowest price?

Nov 11, 2008
753 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good business strategy to expand their revenue. Higher end items also often command higher margins. They already sell home appliances and electronics....going into home furnishings is the next step. This is why amazon is doing so well. Amazon sells practically everything now (directly or indirectly). Once upon a time, they used to sell books only....now most people have forgotten that.
http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&c ... ZOvqAHP6wE
Neovingian wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:20 pm

Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1130 posts
202 upvotes
82 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:10 pm
I checked their website and see this page: http://www.smartsilk.com/topic/27-our-s ... ntage.aspx

The only thing special is "Our SmartSilk™ is stretched into sheets and laid layer - on top of layer - on top of layer." The rest is just typical characteristics of natural silk.

I planned to open just the twin, if it doesn't live up to its claim, I will return the queen.
If you get it before the sale ends can you report back?
I've got an Ikea duvet right now, it's their 4 rating and it's way too hot to use.
Looking for an alternative and I also could use a quality pillow.
Nov 21, 2006
79 posts
2 upvotes
82 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 9:12 am
I just realize the Costco links above are from Costco USA, these are even higher in Costco Canada website. When did you purchased yours for $230? You are not talking about the silk blend in this one right?
http://www.costco.ca/Silk-White-Goose-D ... reId=10302

chat with friends who just bought a pure silk quilt from China, she said if these duvets have a decent fill rate (sold by weight in China), the price is really lava hot. As a side benefit, sine it uses cotton exterior, it may not feel as "cold" prior the warm-up stage.
$230 at Costco was a couple years ago. As for price comparison to China, problem with Chinese prices is that the price depends on who you are. It's also whatever you negotiate. A lot of people overpay at these factory stores that tour groups bring them to and since they know you're a tourist and you don't know the local prices, they gouge you to no end. So whatever price your friend pay isn't necessarily a good indicator. My in-laws just went to China and paid $1,500 for a piece a jade (at 90% discount! no less) at a factory store only to find a similar quality one at a local (still in China) shop for $60. They bought tea for $300/lb then found out later it should have only been $100/lb at most. Being a RFDer, I was in a blind rage hearing these stories.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1130 posts
202 upvotes
Got my duvet and pillows. Had a great sleep last night, would normally wake up in a pool of sweat with my normal duvet.
Pillows are nice, not very dense though.

Definitely keeping it.
× < >