• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 7:51 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2008
67 posts
138 upvotes
Ajax

[Best Buy] Solar Eclipse Glasses $2.99 Best Buy in store

If your still looking for Solar Eclipse Glasses. I picked up a few at my local best buy for $2.99 each. These are made by celestron and are listed as a Reputable Vendor of Solar Glasses by the American Astronomical Society https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters.

They were in a sealed box behind the cash at my local store. So you may have to ask for them, if you can't find them in the store.

EDIT: Not sure what happened to the link. I'll try again.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/productde ... u=10673094
Last edited by coolangattic on Aug 14th, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
420 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10991 posts
14490 upvotes
They are pretty hard to find now as the solar eclipse is only 1 week way. Seem to be sold out at London Drugs too.
Last edited by LonesomeDove on Aug 14th, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!

Sep 5, 2016
53 posts
54 upvotes
coolangattic wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:14 pm
If your still looking for Solar Eclipse Glasses. I picked up a few at my local best buy for $2.99 each. These are made by celestron and are listed as a Reputable Vendor of Solar Glasses by the American Astronomical Society https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters.

They were in a sealed box behind the cash at my local store. So you may have to ask for them, if you can't find them in the store.
Link doesn't work.

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.
Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occurred. Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers.

SUBMIT YOUR FEEDBACK RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Mar 15, 2010
363 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
A true redflager would look at the solar eclipse without the glasses and save the $2.99
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10991 posts
14490 upvotes
mabba18 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 9:07 pm
Nah, A true RFDer would buy at clearance AFTER the eclipse and put the away until the April 8, 2024 total eclipse.
The 2024 Solar Eclipse will be only visible in Eastern Canada.

The next coast to coast eclipse will be in 2045.
Have a nice day!

Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11745 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:52 pm
A true redflager would look at the solar eclipse without the glasses and save the $2.99
That would give new meaning to the term hot deal!

The downside would be that they would be blind and not see any hot deals on RFD :)
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13383 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
At what part can you not look at it, the entire thing?

Will we see it in Toronto?
"Deal of the Day" addict
Dec 6, 2012
403 posts
207 upvotes
North
DaVibe wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 9:26 pm
At what part can you not look at it, the entire thing?

Will we see it in Toronto?
Don't look directly at the sun, ever. You've got a great chance at damaging your eyes/going blind. Link below for when/what it will look like(Toronto). DO NOT LOOK AT IT THROUGH THE LENS OF A CAMERA, you magnify the sun and fry your eye(s) faster lol. Find or buy eclipse glasses if you want to stare at the sun during the eclipse.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/canada/toronto
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Oct 18, 2012
185 posts
175 upvotes
OTTAWA
Why would I want these glasses? I want superpowers.
Dec 7, 2009
261 posts
126 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP.

Weird, I was at the store in Ajax where OP is and specifically asked for them 2 days ago and I was told they don't sell those in store, only online. Go figure. Hopefully I can still get a hold of some as they are sold out online. Celestron glasses are the real deal, don't go blind with the millions of fake ones out there.

Only other options for people who don't have them is to find welder glasses classes 12 to 14 (apparently 12 might be too bright, 14 too dark, 13 just right but hard to find)

For other RDF who are planning on looking straight up at the partial eclipse we'll have here, as mentioned by hightech, it's going to be a hot deal, but even more so a blindingly hot deal.