Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Solar Eclipse Glasses $2.99 Best Buy in store

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2024 11:54 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Visits to eye doctors up following the solar eclipse
Despite doctors' warning, many people looked directly at the sun during Monday's eclipse. Now, eye doctors are seeing an increase in calls.

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
Speaking of stockpiling till the next one, where can we buy these cheap now? Best I can find is on eBay 5 pack $20
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4505 posts
2546 upvotes
Thornhill
Hans_Moleman wrote: Speaking of stockpiling till the next one, where can we buy these cheap now? Best I can find is on eBay 5 pack $20
May sure that they are from this list of safe suppliers:
https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters
preferably from reputable retailers as there are many fake ones.

There are cheaper ones but I won't trust those with my eyes.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
test9251 wrote: Ok.. so has anyone here did this?

You will be getting the 2024 rfd master award
I did. Got 12 of them for cheap, like $1.80 each I think.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1555 posts
659 upvotes
Ottawa
test9251 wrote: Ok.. so has anyone here did this?

You will be getting the 2024 rfd master award
Haha, I was wondering when people would bump this thread. I do have some eclipse glasses put away from Aug 2017. Not the ones from this deal, just free paper ones that were given away.

No idea how hard it will be to get glasses this time. I remember it being quiet difficult to find glasses (for a reasonable price or free) last time, but I don't know how much this is on people's radar. We live in a extremely different world than 2017.

Selfishly glad it's on a Monday again, and not a weekend. We'll have to go ~1 hour south for totality, and I hope the roads aren't totally choked.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
mabba18 wrote: Haha, I was wondering when people would bump this thread. I do have some eclipse glasses put away from Aug 2017. Not the ones from this deal, just free paper ones that were given away.

No idea how hard it will be to get glasses this time. I remember it being quiet difficult to find glasses (for a reasonable price or free) last time, but I don't know how much this is on people's radar. We live in a extremely different world than 2017.

Selfishly glad it's on a Monday again, and not a weekend. We'll have to go ~1 hour south for totality, and I hope the roads aren't totally choked.
I bought $4 each, but shipping fees bumped up the price.

I don't think there's free glasses anymore
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
mabba18 wrote: Haha, I was wondering when people would bump this thread. I do have some eclipse glasses put away from Aug 2017. Not the ones from this deal, just free paper ones that were given away.

I think I read somewhere that they expect 700k people to go to Niagara region from the GTA, so will likely be a disaster. I would recommend renting a room but it's probably too late for that.
If your on the east side, you can go to Kingston, or sandbanks. New York State is also an option.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4505 posts
2546 upvotes
Thornhill
engineered wrote: I think I read somewhere that they expect 700k people to go to Niagara region from the GTA, so will likely be a disaster. I would recommend renting a room but it's probably too late for that.
If your on the east side, you can go to Kingston, or sandbanks. New York State is also an option.
There is a large area for totality so I don't think all the people would concentrate in one spot.
Even Hamilton is good, though for shorter duration.
The biggest uncertainty would be the weather. Hope it would cooperate.

Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
nosnoop wrote: There is a large area for totality so I don't think all the people would concentrate in one spot.
Even Hamilton is good, though for shorter duration.
The biggest uncertainty would be the weather. Hope it would cooperate.

The whole QEW is bad on a regular weekend in the summer. It might be a whole magnitude worse.
Everyone from North or West of Burlington will need to come down. Ideal place for the most totality is Niagara falls.
A lot of people won't plan as well as an rfder.
Ideally you rented a place or know someone in Niagara, and get there the night before and leave morning after.
Otherwise you could get up early, find a park to stay all day, then leave late, or just suffer in traffic.
I hate traffic so we plan to make a short trip to relatives in Burlington and walk to the lake.

Hopefully it's a clear sky for everyone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)