Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Solar Eclipse Glasses $2.99 Best Buy in store

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2024 11:54 pm
May 13, 2009
48 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
chadw01 wrote: Are the glasses in the magazines certified safe from the AAS?

People are probably not finding them in the mags anymore because they are being ripped out instead of people buying the magazine at 7 bucks.
The glasses in the magazine had a note from ISO, I didn't read the entire thing but I don't suppose SkyNews would give away improper glasses.
Sep 14, 2009
6 posts
Toronto
robwilliams25 wrote: Can confirm Warby Parker on Queen St West still have lots available for free!
When did you end up going to get them? I'm thinking of stopping by to pick up a few
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
Tumster wrote: I drop by the Edmonton BB, the guy told me that they have quite a few sitting there "on hold"; I asked if people are actually going to show up to pick them up, he just shrugged, it would appear that certain people are putting good size quantities of glasses on hold, no idea why.
Which location did you try?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2628 posts
1003 upvotes
GTA
HannaK wrote: When did you end up going to get them? I'm thinking of stopping by to pick up a few
Just came back from the Queen location, and they still have some left.

The girl in front of me took like 10!
Jun 6, 2004
651 posts
140 upvotes
Calgary
Sky and Telescope magazine has proper solar eclipse glasses with ear hooks. It's $10, and it's in plastic wrap. I bought the last ones from Dalhousie Chapters.
They had a lot of SkyNews magazine yesterday. SkyNews one is handheld, but it's a Canadian magazine.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: where did you buy yours? I cannot find it at local optical
London Drugs three weeks ago. They had a ad in their flyer. $3.49 each or 12.99 per 4 pack. The 4 pack came with a nice glossy booklet.
Have a nice day!

Aug 4, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes
In Quebec City, the only place I found glasses is at Magazines Lecto, in a SkyNews magazine. They still have about 5 copies left as I write this.
Sep 1, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote
MrTremblay, thanks to you I found mine there 20 mn after your post!

I think they refilled the magazines at the store because they had more then 10 of them at my arrival (5 less now).

Thanks again and enjoy the eclipse!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
juicyrhythm wrote: Any suggestions around the GTA?
SkyNews magazine is the best bet, these magazines are everywhere. Indigo, Coles, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, London Drugs, etc
Costs $7
Nov 21, 2010
551 posts
378 upvotes
Surrey
I checked Shoppers Drug Mart @ 152 & Fraser Hwy, London Drugs at Guildford Mall, and Walmart at Guildford Mall, none of them had it. I'm going to check downtown London Drugs x2, and Shoppers Drug Mart tomorrow.
Aug 16, 2010
40 posts
4 upvotes
All that remains is to have sunny weather. Being only a partial eclipse if it's cloudy, we won't notice anything, with or without glasses. Even during total eclipse, when sun is completely covered and you get the diamond ring, I wouldn't say it is as dark as during night. It's just a strange dark light that changes quite quickly.
Good luck in hunting Sky magazines or rely on good samaritans on 21 august
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
So phone camera is safe to use and won't damage eye or camera?
Aug 16, 2010
40 posts
4 upvotes
I am not sure you can use the iphone/smartphone. You may damage its chip. Regular cameras can't be used unless they use special filters. You can't put a filter on phone camera.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Dynasty12345 wrote: So phone camera is safe to use and won't damage eye or camera?
If you think about it, you take many photos with the sun in the background without damaging your screen. Your screen can't emit harmful levels of light, so it's always safe to look at, but maybe best to use the selfie/front camera to avoid accidentally looking around the phone at the sun.

NASA says it's safe.
Can I photograph the eclipse with my smartphone?
The short answer is a definite ‘yes!’
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/can-i-phot ... smartphone

Apple also says it's safe to point the iphone camera the sun, eclipse or not.
You could point your iPhone at the sun right now to take photos and the camera’s sensor and the lens would not be damaged. and the same is the case for the solar eclipse, according to Apple.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/tal ... 545768001/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1552 posts
41 upvotes
can I look without glasses? Is this really going to do anything to my eyes or are people just being babies? The sun is always in my eyes when I am driving all day and I am not blind yet.

Real or fake?
Nov 8, 2007
748 posts
518 upvotes
Edmonton
TitusBobby wrote: How about using ir and uv welding filters?
I read that it should be shade 13+ to be used safely for eclipse viewing. Another source says 12+. Most common welding goggle is only shade 5, but some are 10 or 14. If you can find a dark enough shade, articles say safe to use.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)