Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Sony 65" 850e - $1999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 4:37 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4059 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
richiethehammers wrote: FYI
Sony sets the prices that "authorised stores" sell their TVs at, sort of like Apple does with their products.
The price should be roughly the same at each store.

TheHammer
Didn't know that - I guess that's why I can never find any "deals" on their cameras, only the same price everywhere...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
G77 wrote: Didn't know that - I guess that's why I can never find any "deals" on their cameras, only the same price everywhere...
Actually they set a lowest price that can be advertised so some stores might have sales while others dont. They (and samsung lg etc) all seem to set a fixed price for BF/BD.

The interesting thing from this is if you go to Visions or other stores that haggles, you pretty much can get a lower or same as the lowest advertised price pretty much at any time. Basically that price will only drop when there is a price drop. So advertised weekly prices are really meaningless for TVs if you have any experience haggling and do some research on price history.

Also one of the reasons BB VIP days sometime has too low to show since they agreed not to advertise a lower price than the manufacturer set. So if you want a deal on a tv, go during vip days, bf, bd or wait for clearance which wont be advertised.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2843 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
I have the 930D. Been a sony guy forever. Not anymore. Bad flashlighting and vertical banding making sports terrible.
Sony has already replaced the main board which died and now refuses to acknowledge the vertical banding as a real issue.
They made me record a cell phone video of the issue and based off that refuse to do anything.
Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Telecity Electronics just gave me a phone quote of $2,199.99 for the 65x900e. No returns but was told they would take back within 15 days if unit was defective for free if you pay for initial shipping to your home.
Dec 17, 2016
120 posts
215 upvotes
The 900E 65“ is on for $2500

What do you guys think about the ks8000 vs this? I have a ks8000 that isn't even 6 months old which my wife lost her balance and cracked.
Images
  • upload.png
May 10, 2012
40 posts
60 upvotes
I got the 850D. Got vertical banding issue as well. Noticeable while watching hockey. Apparently with the skinny edge lit TVs it is common to have the banding problem... :(
Aug 15, 2013
93 posts
99 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Actually they set a lowest price that can be advertised so some stores might have sales while others dont. They (and samsung lg etc) all seem to set a fixed price for BF/BD.

The interesting thing from this is if you go to Visions or other stores that haggles, you pretty much can get a lower or same as the lowest advertised price pretty much at any time. Basically that price will only drop when there is a price drop. So advertised weekly prices are really meaningless for TVs if you have any experience haggling and do some research on price history.

Also one of the reasons BB VIP days sometime has too low to show since they agreed not to advertise a lower price than the manufacturer set. So if you want a deal on a tv, go during vip days, bf, bd or wait for clearance which wont be advertised.
I was told by a guy at Visions that they (Visions) got in trouble doing that and lost the Sony line for a while. They can negotiate on warrantees and other services like delivery and install but not the price of the Sony TVs. Other brands like Samsung, Sharp and LG were all open for haggling.
That's the information I got from the local guy a few months ago anyhow.
I'm guessing the 65" 900e will be 2200 for Black Friday. Post an image of the receipt if you get the 65" 900e for $2200 at Telecity Electronics.
Also Rtings.com the 900e if you can't get the ks6000, and hope your wife is OK.
TheHammer
Mar 4, 2009
102 posts
10 upvotes
Looks like the 850e will come with a $200 BB gift card as part of a Best Buy VIP sale starting Thursday. Price is still 1999.99
Nov 24, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
sduncan343 wrote: Looks like the 850e will come with a $200 BB gift card as part of a Best Buy VIP sale starting Thursday. Price is still 1999.99
Can I reserve online today and pickup tomorrow during the VIP event to get the gift card?
Dec 17, 2016
120 posts
215 upvotes
I was able to get the 900E for $2250 at Krazy Kileys. I went to Visions and they refused to price match bhphotovideo.com but Krazy Kileys did.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
To all of the people complaining about banding, you can find it on pretty much every LCD/LED TV. It's normal. Even OLED TVs have vertical banding. Some TVs have it worse, and some aren't so bad. It's all a lottery.
May 22, 2017
3 posts
I bought the 850e awhile back but i returned it because when on the stand it always tilts upwards plus it wont recognize my PS4 thru HDMI for some reason.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1678 posts
1999 upvotes
GTA
So is the general consensus that the 900E is the best TV in the 55"-65" range? I'm in the market for a TV and my last budget samsung basically went bust on me (HDMI ports went first one by one, now the TV flickers on and off every few hours). I just want something reliable that will last me 5+ years that will give me great sports and movie performance.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
Slono wrote: So is the general consensus that the 900E is the best TV in the 55"-65" range? I'm in the market for a TV and my last budget samsung basically went bust on me (HDMI ports went first one by one, now the TV flickers on and off every few hours). I just want something reliable that will last me 5+ years that will give me great sports and movie performance.
It's probably the best in its price range, not necessarily the best overall in the 55"-65" range.
Jan 5, 2017
297 posts
274 upvotes
Hdr quality is lacking that wow on these sets compared to other models