Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37801 posts
796 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Best Buy] Best Buy Surprises me - Antec PSUs and Seagate HDDs

Well, whether this is a hot deal or not is up to you.

I just went to BestBuy today, Markville location in Markham, and I've spotted two things that I never saw before - Antec PSUs, their SmartPower versions, in 350W and 400W. Also were Seagate hard drives, in 80GB, 160GB, 200GB, and 250GB.

Why is this hot? Well, definately the prices aren't hot. But you could also consider that this is a hot "deal" because from now on, we can look for PM opportunities. As well, this is the first time I've seen Seagate hard drives in retail stores, so just the units being there might be a hot deal for some people.

Unfortunately, none of these items were on BestBuy.ca.

The Antec PSUs did not have prices on them, but the Seagate hard drives were bareboxes, like the ones sold in the US (with only drive+screws), so you can possibly PM since they're not really "retail" drives. Anyways, the Seagates were like $89.99, $129.99, $159.99, $189.99, for the 80/160/200/250GB respectively, where the higher capacity models had 16MB cache.

Don't know how possible a PM is, but the fact that they're not retail boxes and are bare boxes hints something to me...
Check out my BST Threads!Silver Coins
Heatware | RFD Feedback
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1652 posts
95 upvotes
The Antec 400w PSU are $79.99 at FS in store
Dec 26, 2004
796 posts
38 upvotes
will check out to see if I could PM with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] here in Burnaby. If they PM'ed and you could use the discounted gift cards, that would be a pretty sweet deal.
Oct 4, 2005
712 posts
gurshan wrote:will check out to see if I could PM with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] here in Burnaby. If they PM'ed and you could use the discounted gift cards, that would be a pretty sweet deal.
Good luck...PMing [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] usually fails. You might want to point out that [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] is on Antec's list of retailers: http://www.antec.com/us/wheretobuy_rese ... it=Submit#
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2799 posts
6 upvotes
retail seagates have been around for long time in the US...infact they still carry 5 yr warranty's. Ya not really a deal now, but perhaps when they go on sale. Lets hope staples get them in, although i havent purchased a thing from staples since they took out the 150% PM (man i miss those days).
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37801 posts
796 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fl4wless wrote:retail seagates have been around for long time in the US...infact they still carry 5 yr warranty's. Ya not really a deal now, but perhaps when they go on sale. Lets hope staples get them in, although i havent purchased a thing from staples since they took out the 150% PM (man i miss those days).
Yea, I know, I mentioned that in my OP. Just that it would be nice if they will PM , say, OEM now that their not really "retail" drives.
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3637 posts
106 upvotes
Edmonton
good deal er idea

save some money, plus a much better return policy than mom and pop shops
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
1165 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: I've spotted two things that I never saw before - Antec PSUs, their SmartPower versions, in 350W and 400W. Also were Seagate hard drives, in 80GB, 160GB, 200GB, and 250GB.
Thanks for the info OP. The local Best Buy near me(Leaside, Ont.) when they first opened up had Antec PSU's and cases. I bought a Antec case. I'm glad they are moving back to better hardware.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37801 posts
796 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Blackjack wrote:Thanks for the info OP. The local Best Buy near me(Leaside, Ont.) when they first opened up had Antec PSU's and cases. I bought a Antec case. I'm glad they are moving back to better hardware.
That's an interesting thing to hear. I guess it's store manager's discretion to stock it up then. But IMO Best Buy should stock up more quality hardware like this (vs the Dynex stuff) officially on their website (as it's not on now, only store-to-store), so we could PM them :P
Heatware | RFD Feedback
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37801 posts
796 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sxz wrote:I don't mean to bring back an old thread but has anyone actually tried PMing those OEM Seagate drives at BB with OEM Seagate drives from mom and pop computer stores?

Also they're now available on the website: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/subclass. ... atid=20240
Hm.. so they finally put them up. I think everyone's going to have a heck of a time PMing now :P
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
sxz wrote:I don't mean to bring back an old thread but has anyone actually tried PMing those OEM Seagate drives at BB with OEM Seagate drives from mom and pop computer stores?

Also they're now available on the website: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/subclass. ... atid=20240
wow nice find!

i think i'll have to do some PMing at BB sometime soon... :razz:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
× < >