Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

TELUS Motorola Moto G Play 16GB - $139.99 @ BestBuy prepaid/no contract

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 2:47 pm
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes

[Best Buy] TELUS Motorola Moto G Play 16GB - $139.99 @ BestBuy prepaid/no contract

....Great phone for the price!

I bought one even though I got the LG G Pad 8 as part of the Fido 3GB/$15 a month deal.
[Inappropriate signature]
73 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
easy to unlock? I need a new phone to replace my second line.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
daivey wrote: easy to unlock? I need a new phone to replace my second line.
Yeah, i used Mobi to unlock mine. Worked very fast.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. I'm a big fan of Motorola's skin . So close to pure Android. Also phone is slated to get Nougat soon. Not everybody wants a big screen device.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Feb 24, 2014
106 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton
It's back!!! Awesome, thanks op! Ordering one now since I missed out on it last time. :)
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
With 5th gen arriving I was hoping to see $120 max. Been on sale multiple times at this price since December.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2370 posts
1036 upvotes
London
I know it's not a completely fair comparison but how about the Zenfone 3 max at $200 or a refurb nexus 6 at $280? (Canada computer)
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
That model only works for data only on Big 3, so... for me yes I could use it but for average people on normal cell phone plan it won't work.

If you like idea of 2G calling on Fido/Rogers then waiting for LTE signal to come back for data, then yeah you can try. Sale price is over anyway.
Feb 11, 2017
518 posts
837 upvotes
Ottawa
Ugh I wish it was dual sim.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Brother picked this up yesterday. Phone is nice, snappy. Includes swappable back (black or deep purple). Android 6.0.1 .

One caveat, the charger is different from most current cellphones. AC adapter is a one piece with non detachable micro USB end . In other words you're SOL if you need to use this phone with an external battery pack as it comes right out of the box. You'd need to find a separate micro USB to USB cable.

UPDATE - my brother is traveling in Chile right now. He is loving his new Motorola G Play. Says battery life is very good and camera solid too (he was on an old iPhone 4 previously). He supplemented on-board memory with the $19 Sandisk 32GB micro SD deal from The Source.
Last edited by sprung on Mar 20th, 2017 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
RedFly wrote: I got mine unlocked for under $3CAD with @mobifree (an active member of RFD) at his website https://www.mobifree.net
I used @mobifree the last time this phone was on sale. Great service! Had my code in 40 minutes.
Used the following promo code to reduce price to $2.49. RFD2017. Hopefully its still active.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
sprung wrote: Brother picked this up yesterday. Phone is nice, snappy. Includes swappable back (black or deep purple). Android 6.0.1 .

One caveat, the charger is different from most current cellphones. AC adapter is a one piece with non detachable micro USB end . In other words you're SOL if you need to use this phone with an external battery pack as it comes right out of the box. You'd need to find a separate micro USB to USB cable.
It's apparently also a really low powered output charger anyway. You're better off using a different one.

Can't really fault much with this phone for the price. An SD card slot is a nice touch too
Jan 11, 2012
410 posts
351 upvotes
PORT ALBERNI
Just a FYI - this phone is on the official Motorola update list to get the Nougat update.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
westnylefx wrote: is an iphone 6 16gb worth buying @ 180?
well GetOrchard sells them for $410 w/warranty, unlocked, and guaranteed no blacklist. I'd be worried about the possibility of icloud lock and/or blacklist unless seller has great reputation. In any case, your question should be in Cellphones forum rather than in this post.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: It's apparently also a really low powered output charger anyway. You're better off using a different one.

Can't really fault much with this phone for the price. An SD card slot is a nice touch too
An SD card slot isn't unusual and it's a must
Feb 3, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thanks OP!

This couldn't have come at a better time as I need to send my Moto G4 Plus in for repairs & had no backup phone. :)
Nov 29, 2006
137 posts
55 upvotes
Quebec city
I actually have an iphone 6 plus but want to switch to android environnement since I really love my lg g pad . Is the moto G play a nice option? Should i pay for something more high end? Lg g5 or zte axon? Any recommendation?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)