Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

UE Boom 2 $85 after PM with Visions

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 7:38 am
Apr 27, 2017
465 posts
381 upvotes

[Best Buy] UE Boom 2 $85 after PM with Visions

just got back from price matching visions at best buy and got the UE boom 2 for $85+ tax

Visions has it for $98
https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... =UEBOOM2DR

Bestbuy has it for $229.99
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ul ... 52590.aspx?
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 13th, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
131 replies
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks OP! Picked one up at bb... Price match no issue. Cashier said they've matched this deal a few times today!

Wife currently listening to it now - very happy!
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
sweet thanks! I price matched online at BB.

I think it's on clearance just because it's a color that might not sell well.. but it's not even a bad color! I love it!

I bought it for an upcoming cancun trip.
I bought it because of the HOT price and also because it's waterproof!

Thanks!!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2012
1091 posts
374 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone know how it compares to Sony srs-x33? Worth the upgrade?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
3271 posts
1475 upvotes
I have both, the sony wins imo. To each there own of course.
Jun 9, 2013
327 posts
130 upvotes
Edmonton
Is this better than the Headrush speaker? I have it & the edifier (returning it)
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
Nasdel wrote: Is this better than the Headrush speaker? I have it & the edifier (returning it)
No. Vastly inferior.
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
398 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Nasdel wrote: Is this better than the Headrush speaker? I have it & the edifier (returning it)
I also bought the Icon, and thought of getting the Edifier MP700 to bring around at get-togethers.
Anyone know which one is louder between this UE and the Edifier?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2621 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Oof... Not feeling that color. How difficult would it be to remove that piece and paint it black?
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
Mugen123 wrote: Oof... Not feeling that color. How difficult would it be to remove that piece and paint it black?
Wasn't a fan of the colour in the pic but was pleasantly surprised to see it in person! Wife loves it (which is the important part). Of course, to each their own.
Apr 27, 2017
465 posts
381 upvotes
i've tried a lot of name brand bluetooth speakers
from the bose revolve to JBL's full lineup .

i love my JBL charge 3 at lower end sound as you hear full sound and bass...while the UE just pales in comparison as it's lacking bass

in a large outdoor setting the UE wins as it is louder and bass from the JBL just gets distorted...

both have great battery life

JBL for home use and quieter settings...UE for outside and louder settings
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
Qwesty905 wrote: i've tried a lot of name brand bluetooth speakers
from the bose revolve to JBL's full lineup .

i love my JBL charge 3 at lower end sound as you hear full sound and bass...while the UE just pales in comparison as it's lacking bass

in a large outdoor setting the UE wins as it is louder and bass from the JBL just gets distorted...

both have great battery life

JBL for home use and quieter settings...UE for outside and louder settings
The thing is you are comparing two crappy speakers. One with no bass and the other with distorted bass. There are much better and cheaper options.
Jul 28, 2005
907 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga
SickBeast wrote: The thing is you are comparing two crappy speakers. One with no bass and the other with distorted bass. There are much better and cheaper options.
We’re listening for your examples.
Ralphael wrote: Always buy!!! no regrets.... you can always return later....
MetalGear wrote: Nothing is more permanent than temporary
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
molexir wrote: We’re listening for your examples.
As of right now, the Headrush Icon and the Edifier MP700 are both cheaper and better than the UE Boom 2 and the JBL speaker. It's not even close. There are multiple other better options also.
Apr 27, 2017
465 posts
381 upvotes
I checked those speakers out. The build quality sucks. Not durable and the battery life is only 4 hours.

They may sound better as I haven't tried them out but with those draw backs they are not for my use
Aug 5, 2008
808 posts
602 upvotes
Qwesty905 wrote: I checked those speakers out. The build quality sucks. Not durable and the battery life is only 4 hours.

They may sound better as I haven't tried them out but with those draw backs they are not for my use
What speakers are talking about?
Apr 27, 2017
465 posts
381 upvotes
cutey130 wrote: What speakers are talking about?
The headrush icon and the Edifier from the source
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
Qwesty905 wrote: I checked those speakers out. The build quality sucks. Not durable and the battery life is only 4 hours.

Sound quality is king. If the UE Boom 2 sounds like **** then there isn't much point to the build quality or battery life, IMO. The Edifer in particular is made of metal with great battery life also, so I'm not quite sure what you're even saying there.
Apr 27, 2017
465 posts
381 upvotes
the UE BOOM doesn't sound like shit..it's just lacking bass compared to the charge 3...

what's the battery life on the edifier? and metal is not going to withstand drops and falls aswell as pool drops compared to rubber of the charge 3 and UE boom
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
Qwesty905 wrote: the UE BOOM doesn't sound like shit..it's just lacking bass compared to the charge 3...

what's the battery life on the edifier? and metal is not going to withstand drops and falls aswell as pool drops compared to rubber of the charge 3 and UE boom
I'm sorry, but I owned a UE Boom 2 and I returned it due to the completely lacking bass. It's not just lacking bass compared to a Charge 3. It's lacking bass compared to practically every other bluetooth speaker on the market, particularly at this price point. The bass is so bad on it that yes, it sounds like ****.

You keep on talking about build quality, this and that, and then saying that other speakers that sound like **** are somehow better. I don't follow your logic. Those **** speakers are like putting lipstick on a pig.