• Oct 15th, 2017 9:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] Ultimate Appliance Sale

BUILD YOUR OWN KITCHEN PACKAGE & SAVE WHEN YOU BUY 2 OR MORE MAJOR KITCHEN APPLIANCES*

TAKE AN EXTRA $100 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $1,000

TAKE AN EXTRA $250 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $2,000

TAKE AN EXTRA $500 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $3,500

TAKE AN EXTRA $1000 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $6,000

*Excludes Miele and pre-built Kitchen Packages.
A similar sale happened in June.

Here's my wishlist of items, but I think some items were lower priced before:

Frigidaire 36" Gallery 22.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator (FGHF2366PF) - Stainless Steel
Samsung 30" 5.8 Cu. Ft. True Convection 5-Burner Slide-In Gas Range - Stainless Steel
LG 5.2 Cu. Ft. High Efficiency TurboWash Front Load Steam Washer (WM3770HVA) - Silver
LG SteamDryer 7.4 Cu. Ft. Gas Steam Dryer (DLGX3571V) - Graphite Steel
Dishwasher - TBD

I would PM the fridge and dryer with Lowes as it's cheaper there. They won't PM CAS because CAS puts up limited quantities on most of their stuff. I've been watching the prices of the range and fridge for months and it was always these prices or higher, but the save up to 1k is the deal here I guess.

I think the washer has been priced lower before on BB, so I don't know if I should take that yet. I would need these for my new build which is 7 months away, I hope they can accommodate.
Last edited by jeeva86 on Oct 6th, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Sep 12, 2017
75 posts
6 upvotes
Are savings substantial with gas drying vs electric? Did you get the builder to install a gas line to the dryer, or will you be doing that after the fact? What did you pay to run the stove/dryer gas line?

Notice you chose a washer/drier with a bottom tray. I like that it's better height for loading. But what would you store in those trays, wondering if a flat sitting on floor washer/drier would be better. Leaving more space for shelving/cabinets at the top. Hmmm.

That's CAS? You can't PM Lowes cause of this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
reggyDeal wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:11 am
Are savings substantial with gas drying vs electric? Did you get the builder to install a gas line to the dryer, or will you be doing that after the fact? What did you pay to run the stove/dryer gas line?

Notice you chose a washer/drier with a bottom tray. I like that it's better height for loading. But what would you store in those trays, wondering if a flat sitting on floor washer/drier would be better. Leaving more space for shelving/cabinets at the top. Hmmm.

I honestly don't know about the whole gas vs. electric savings, but I've heard it's better. I did get the line installed via builder for $510(local Ottawa builder).

I don't know if those pedestals(trays) come with the washer/dryer. I believe it's extra. It just helps with having to bend down etc. Not sure if I'm getting those yet, but I may if I need to hit the next tier.

CAS = Canadian Appliance Source -> prices are good, but heard service isn't that quite, so YMMV. With the up to 1k off from BB, it beats CAS prices. I meant that on CAS, the products all have a line that states "limited quantities", so BB won't PM against those items. Lowes has them marked at the same prices as CAS so I'm planning to PM with them.
Sep 12, 2017
75 posts
6 upvotes
I also have a closing coming up in December. Have you considered getting slightly used appliances, wonder if it's worth it.

Can BB delay delivery till December? So BB will PM and add promotional discount?

What about upcoming black friday and boxing week?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
reggyDeal wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:38 am
I also have a closing coming up in December. Have you considered getting slightly used appliances, wonder if it's worth it.

Can BB delay delivery till December? So BB will PM and add promotional discount?

What about upcoming black friday and boxing week?
I would consider used appliances too. BB does have some open box items, but I don't think you can have them hold that til closing, so I stopped looking for that. I did get an open box item for my wall microwave from CAS.

I expect BB to PM and apply the discount. I haven't ordered yet as I want to finalize on my items. The only two that I am dead-set on are the range and fridge since I haven't seen it go lower than that. BF might be save 15%, but those might be jacked up prices so all you have is PM at that point.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1127 posts
84 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:11 am

Savings are substantial, as well as time saved and less wrinkles. Gas dryer is definitely the way to go.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2010
1276 posts
46 upvotes
Aurora
Any idea how long will this ultimate appliance sale last?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
tido88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 10:12 am
Any idea how long will this ultimate appliance sale last?
No clue, I started seeing it from Wednesday ish. I'm gonna give them a call today to PM + knock off 1k. The warranty portion doesn't count as "appliance". I believe it used to though earlier in the week. I rather go into store to do this so I can negotiate on the warranty, but the items are not in stock in the stores.

I'm thinking about getting https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/el ... 22633.aspx? instead of LG.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4162 posts
2010 upvotes
Kitchener
jeeva86 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:34 am
I honestly don't know about the whole gas vs. electric savings, but I've heard it's better. I did get the line installed via builder for $510(local Ottawa builder).

I don't know if those pedestals(trays) come with the washer/dryer. I believe it's extra. It just helps with having to bend down etc. Not sure if I'm getting those yet, but I may if I need to hit the next tier.

CAS = Canadian Appliance Source -> prices are good, but heard service isn't that quite, so YMMV. With the up to 1k off from BB, it beats CAS prices. I meant that on CAS, the products all have a line that states "limited quantities", so BB won't PM against those items. Lowes has them marked at the same prices as CAS so I'm planning to PM with them.
I went with a gas dryer and an induction stove. Induction is better than gas for stoves, but for dryers the savings are worth a pile of money every year. That being said, my new home builder wants $800 to run a gas line to the upstairs laundry at the new house. Guess I'm going with an electric dryer again.

My advice though, if you can wait.......Black Friday isn't too far away, and Canadian BF sales get better every year considering Boxing Day is complete garbage now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
IntrepidRT wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 11:13 am
I went with a gas dryer and an induction stove. Induction is better than gas for stoves, but for dryers the savings are worth a pile of money every year. That being said, my new home builder wants $800 to run a gas line to the upstairs laundry at the new house. Guess I'm going with an electric dryer again.

My advice though, if you can wait.......Black Friday isn't too far away, and Canadian BF sales get better every year considering Boxing Day is complete garbage now.
I don't know about BF sales. I think BB's sale right now is hot if I can PM as well. I hope to find out by eod.
Oct 19, 2013
357 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gas dryer: I can do a load of 5 large towels in about 40 - 50 minutes. Used to take about 70 - 85 in the old electric dryer.
Timing wise: the dryer is usually less time than the washing machine. Which makes quick work of laundry if there's no waiting for the dryer to finish.

I had the gas line roughed in for the stove at the same time we did the dryer. I am now looking for the gas range...
Nov 14, 2006
156 posts
20 upvotes
I'm a licensed gas fitter in the GTA and to run a gas line to an appliance should be around 500 bucks give or take on the distance.

And yes gas drier will save you more money and dry quicker.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried calling bb and they suggested for me to go in person to a local store and have it ordered “online”. So if an item shows as available online, you can still purchase it “locally”.

I’ll try this today and that way I can negotiate on the warranty prices too. I’m hoping to get a full quote then take it to HD next door and see if they can beat it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4540 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Update:

I went into a local store and got a best price quote on all my items. If i get items totalling the 6k, they will knock off a couple hundred $. I can probably get more as i add warranty. I was told the ultimate appl sale lasts til Thursday but they didn’t know for sure. I’m gonna call into the bb office and see if they know. B.B. also told me that I could probably get better or the same deals on BF, so now I’m not sure what to do. I would expect them to hike up prices then create a bf sale.