Hot Deals

[Best Buy] US Deal: Apple HomePod for $200USD ($263CAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 11:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
23 posts
27 upvotes

[Best Buy] US Deal: Apple HomePod for $200USD ($263CAD)

Decent deal that isn’t currently on the Canadian Best Buy website.

Also comes with a $10 e-gift card and a four month free trial of Apple Music (for new subscribers).
17 replies
Nov 3, 2008
170 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
I agree this is a good deal for those who want a HomePod. I've been a fan of the audio designer of this product which is Tomlinson Holman, the creator of Lucas' THX certification so the audio quality is second to none in terms of the price you pay. It's not an audiophile product though. FYI.

I bought from Best Buy USA when it was $100 off last year so that was $299 then before Apple dropped the price. I'm seriously thinking of getting another to make a stereo setup in the Living Room. Will be in the USA in a week and if the deal is still live then I'll probably get another one. If not, then I'm hoping there is a new improved HomePod 2 in the works.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2719 posts
2183 upvotes
oneframe wrote:
Dec 14th, 2019 11:13 pm
I agree this is a good deal for those who want a HomePod. I've been a fan of the audio designer of this product which is Tomlinson Holman, the creator of Lucas' THX certification so the audio quality is second to none in terms of the price you pay. It's not an audiophile product though. FYI.

I bought from Best Buy USA when it was $100 off last year so that was $299 then before Apple dropped the price. I'm seriously thinking of getting another to make a stereo setup in the Living Room. Will be in the USA in a week and if the deal is still live then I'll probably get another one. If not, then I'm hoping there is a new improved HomePod 2 in the works.
Just buy in store pick up now to lock in the price.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3482 posts
698 upvotes
Calgary
Doesn't Amazon echo studio beat this in sound quality? At least as fas as reviews so far.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12628 posts
3662 upvotes
Ottawa
Using an exchange rate of 1.32 CAD-US, and an example sales tax of 8.8% (NY), it would come out to around $289 CAD, (taxes if applicable)

So still a cheaper than the best price we've seen in Canada (Costco cleared them out at $299+tax).

I'm sure these things don't exactly fly off the shelves in Canada so I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any kind of deal in Canadian stores at all. I'd be willing to give one a try if the price is right.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Mar 21, 2016
111 posts
28 upvotes
Yvr
Great deal! Would you guys prefer Sonos One or HomePod?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8525 posts
982 upvotes
oneframe wrote:
Dec 14th, 2019 11:13 pm
Apple Fanboi much?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1491 posts
550 upvotes
TBD
FYI. The Apple Music trial is only for a US based itunes account that hasn't had Apple Music previously.

I bought this on Cyber Monday.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3813 posts
2443 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
r1lee wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 1:21 am
Apple Fanboi much?
How does admiring an audio designer who created one of the most recognized audio certification makes him an Apple fanboi? LOL!
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2576 posts
2130 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
r1lee wrote:
Apple Fanboi much?
They're not lying though...the HomePod absolutely wrecks the competition when it comes to sound quality and performance...unfortunately it's the "everything else" that hinders it (like your only options for playing music on it are either having an Apple Music subscription or sending music from your iPhone using AirPlay...there's no Bluetooth streaming).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1491 posts
550 upvotes
TBD
chemicalxv wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 3:14 am
They're not lying though...the HomePod absolutely wrecks the competition when it comes to sound quality and performance...unfortunately it's the "everything else" that hinders it (like your only options for playing music on it are either having an Apple Music subscription or sending music from your iPhone using AirPlay...there's no Bluetooth streaming).
Yeah, the fact that they crippled it by not allowing BT connectivity is brutal. Completely unnecessary.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12628 posts
3662 upvotes
Ottawa
kevdanga wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 5:30 am
Yeah, the fact that they crippled it by not allowing BT connectivity is brutal. Completely unnecessary.
I had thought maybe they might enable the capability in the future, but now it seems like it was a deliberate choice. Or maybe they stopped development of the feature after they saw how well the competition has cornered the landscape.

Either way, the fact that BB has a long running discount of 33% for weeks is telling of how much inventory is sitting around.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 3, 2008
170 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
r1lee wrote:
Apple Fanboi much?
Learn to read.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3482 posts
698 upvotes
Calgary
chemicalxv wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 3:14 am
Actually many reviews saying echo studio wrecks homepods in sound quality.

One of them

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/reviews/a ... io-review/