Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Best Buy USA] US DEAL* Moto E (2015) US$40 Sprint Prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Feb 19, 2008
250 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I said earlier in this thread as well, I have this exact one (Sprint moto e from BestBuy US) and it has a micro sim slot, I have it working on fido/rogers
Temp. Banned
Sep 18, 2012
1355 posts
239 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Lava hot deal!
Phone is confirmed to work on wind!!
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
plisk3n wrote: I CAN CONFIRM IT WORKS FULL LTE SPEEDS with Rogers, no need for an unlock code or anything. I just had to type in *#*#4636*#*# so I can get into the phone information section and change the settings to LTE/GSM/CDMA Auto.. You haters on this thread should do your research before spewing out misinformation.
This phone is still available for $39.99 US at Best Buy. I'm picking one up tomorrow.

One question- do you have to enter APN settings to use with Rogers (or other Canadian carriers) or are they detected automatically?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
Kanus wrote: This phone is still available for $39.99 US at Best Buy. I'm picking one up tomorrow.

One question- do you have to enter APN settings to use with Rogers (or other Canadian carriers) or are they detected automatically?
All automagically!
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
That's great news. I'll follow your instructions and hopefully I'll have it up and running without any problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
I picked up my Moto E this afternoon and with plisk3n`s instructions, I was able to get it up and running on Petro Canada Mobility (Rogers Network).

One issue I haven`t been able to figure out is when I go to send a text, I get a pop up screen which wants me to select if I want to save the text until I`m in my local area or if I want to send it now. Apparently the phone detects I`m not in the US. I haven`t been able to figure out how to get rid of this pop up screen so the texts will be sent when I hit send. Can anybody help me with this.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
Kanus wrote: I picked up my Moto E this afternoon and with plisk3n`s instructions, I was able to get it up and running on Petro Canada Mobility (Rogers Network).

One issue I haven`t been able to figure out is when I go to send a text, I get a pop up screen which wants me to select if I want to save the text until I`m in my local area or if I want to send it now. Apparently the phone detects I`m not in the US. I haven`t been able to figure out how to get rid of this pop up screen so the texts will be sent when I hit send. Can anybody help me with this.
I'm glad you're enjoying this sweet little phone! You can disable it by going to :

Settings, More, Mobile Networks, Roaming Guards.. it's all in there!
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
plisk3n wrote: I'm glad you're enjoying this sweet little phone! You can disable it by going to :

Settings, More, Mobile Networks, Roaming Guards.. it's all in there!
Thanks for the help. I would never have found it on my own.

I did manage to root my phone tonight. Next I'm going to try and get rid of some bloatware.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
PCalvin wrote: Will this phone work with Bell?
Yes. The device will have to rooted.

from unlocking-sprint-moto-e-xt1526-canadian ... st23783721
ShaneB827130 wrote: Relax, and please disregard the false info you have received. The xt1526 is CDMA and GSM. Although the SIM is not locked to Sprint's network, the ROM includes code to put the phone in CDMA mode by default. To use the xt1526 on a GSM network, it is strongly recommended that you first root your device or flash with a custom 5.1.x ROM of your choice that is deodexed. Access your phone's cell radio settings by entering *#*#4636#*#*. Scroll down to preferred network and select GSM/LTE auto PRL. Insert your GSM SIM. Next download APN Change from the Play Store. Use it to set up the APN settings for your carrier. Next go to Settings, Mobile Networks, and select Mobile Operator from the GSM menu. Your xt1526 will register to your GSM carrier. Enjoy. I am currently using a Virgin Mobile xt1526 on AT&T. I have also confirmed that it can be used on T-mobile.
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
The at&t version is $10 more right now. Is it true from previous posts that the sprint version won't have fall back to 3g?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
PCalvin wrote: Will this phone work with Bell?
I believe this phone is unlocked so it should work for Bell. I have one and I got it to work with Petro Canada Mobility (Rogers network) without rooting or unlocking. You just have to change the radio settings as indicated above.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
tk1000 wrote: Yes. The device will have to rooted.

from unlocking-sprint-moto-e-xt1526-canadian ... st23783721
Btw, I'm NOT rooted and it works with both Rogers and telus. Don't have a bell SIM to test, but I'm sure it's ok.
Aug 4, 2010
239 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
plisk3n wrote: Bump on this thread to correct all of the misinformation about this phone. I took a chance and ordered this from the Bestbuy website.

I CAN CONFIRM IT WORKS FULL LTE SPEEDS with Rogers, no need for an unlock code or anything. I just had to type in *#*#4636*#*# so I can get into the phone information section and change the settings to LTE/GSM/CDMA Auto.. You haters on this thread should do your research before spewing out misinformation.
plisk3n,
I get this phone form U.S. When I try to add APN, I get this error: access point name settings are not available for this user. I can't save the APN. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
yu203964 wrote: plisk3n,
I get this phone form U.S. When I try to add APN, I get this error: access point name settings are not available for this user. I can't save the APN. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks.
Nope, I only changed the network settings mentioned in my post before and it worked!! Sorry dude.
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yu203964 wrote: plisk3n,
Im not 100% sure but to change apn I think you need to get msl code
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1064 posts
175 upvotes
I didn't need to change APN settings to use on Rogers network. I just had to change the network settings as described by plisk3n, except that I entered *#*#4636#*#* to access the settings (not *#*#4636*#*#).
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Just ordered it for $29.99 and shipped to my parents in Florida. $50 Canadian all in.
Feb 18, 2013
272 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
I got mine but am having issues with it. I changed the network mode as per instructions above and I can get LTE working, but can't get voice calls to work. I tried it with a Rogers SIM. Anybody else had this issue?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)