Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy USA

ATT Prepaid Apple iPhone SE 32GB Space Gray [USA only] $149.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 6:25 pm
Sep 2, 2017
235 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
Rogido wrote: Yup, if you're upgrading from a 4S, 5C, 5S, etc...no problem. You'll love the SE. Also, it would be an easier adjustment for women, as they have thinner fingers.
used my friends iphone se for a bit, got hand cramps lol but maybe its cause im getting weak
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
As I said earlier better to try out gpp LTE+ on Amazon here. If that doesn't work since it's fulfilled by Amazon atleast you can return it and get your money back and try another solution. Anyone correct me if am wrong.
cuto wrote: That's a bit reassuring. I tried to look for some more local places and found this person on eBay selling it from North York. Based on the pics, it's called "Gevey"?! I wonder if they're all the same bypass SIMs with different names. It's a bit cheaper too, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/instant-unlockin ... SwbZJZpHPE.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
Btw were you successful in getting gpplte to work on the straight mobile iPhone se? A friend off mine in Detroit got a couple of straight mobile iPhone 5s for $40. The bestbuy there was getting rid of openbox and returned simple mobile iPhone 5s for $40 usd so he picked up one for me. That's why I'm asking. It would be a good backup phone.
cuto wrote: That's a bit reassuring. I tried to look for some more local places and found this person on eBay selling it from North York. Based on the pics, it's called "Gevey"?! I wonder if they're all the same bypass SIMs with different names. It's a bit cheaper too, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/instant-unlockin ... SwbZJZpHPE.
Last edited by cheystar on Sep 17th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
cheystar wrote: Btw were you successful in getting gpplte to work on the straight mobile iPhone se? A friend off mine in Detroit got a couple of straight mobile iPhone se for $40. The bestbuy there was getting rid of openbox and returned simple mobile iPhone 5s for $40 usd so he picked up one for me. That's why I'm asking. It would be a good backup phone.
What! So lucky!

So this is what I found with my Straight Talk iPhone SE... I decided to hold off the eBay because 1) I didn't want go through the trouble of having the unlocking SIM mailed to me only to find out it doesn't work and I have to figure out to return it and 2) I would just use Buy It Now but needed my parents to confirm if they were going to TO or not to help test it out. Note, this guy was selling Gevey unlocking SIM? I also decided to hold off Amazon because I wanted the solution ASAP so that if it doesn't work, I'll just cough up the time and gas and drive 45min to Ogdensburg to return it. Anyways, looked up someone local in Ottawa for $20 and went to a sketch neighbourhood to test out the SIM in front of her house. It was a black piece and I think I saw the words "GPP" on it and it didn't work. Big let down. It didn't even recognize the SIM. Anyways, on my way to grab groceries, I stopped by this shop and 3min before closing, I asked the guy and he pulled out the Gevey SIM. He said I could test it before buying and voila, I saw it recognized the SIM and then registered Videotron and was able to proceed through the activation setup!!! I didn't buy it though because he was selling it for $50. Too much for my blood. LOL especially when it'll probably only good for iOS 10.3.3. Who knows if it'll be supported once iOS 11 comes out.

TLDR: The Gevey SIM works but I didn't get it cuz this place sold it for $50
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
ANONYT wrote: used my friends iphone se for a bit, got hand cramps lol but maybe its cause im getting weak
relax, the 4/4s era size (5/SE is slightly taller than I want) was the most comfortable for me to use, I have to give Jobs a thumbs up on this :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for letting me know. Btw I meant iphone 5s not the se. I have a spare gpplte. I will look for a gevey sim once i get the phone in my hand. The black gpp is the old one not the current one I believe maybe thats why it didn't work. Btw amazon has one or two day free shipping if you have a prime or prime trial. Also their returns are easy.
cuto wrote: What! So lucky!

So this is what I found with my Straight Talk iPhone SE... I decided to hold off the eBay because 1) I didn't want go through the trouble of having the unlocking SIM mailed to me only to find out it doesn't work and I have to figure out to return it and 2) I would just use Buy It Now but needed my parents to confirm if they were going to TO or not to help test it out. Note, this guy was selling Gevey unlocking SIM? I also decided to hold off Amazon because I wanted the solution ASAP so that if it doesn't work, I'll just cough up the time and gas and drive 45min to Ogdensburg to return it. Anyways, looked up someone local in Ottawa for $20 and went to a sketch neighbourhood to test out the SIM in front of her house. It was a black piece and I think I saw the words "GPP" on it and it didn't work. Big let down. It didn't even recognize the SIM. Anyways, on my way to grab groceries, I stopped by this shop and 3min before closing, I asked the guy and he pulled out the Gevey SIM. He said I could test it before buying and voila, I saw it recognized the SIM and then registered Videotron and was able to proceed through the activation setup!!! I didn't buy it though because he was selling it for $50. Too much for my blood. LOL especially when it'll probably only good for iOS 10.3.3. Who knows if it'll be supported once iOS 11 comes out.

TLDR: The Gevey SIM works but I didn't get it cuz this place sold it for $50
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
Update: Bought the Gevey SIM in Toronto. Had my parents test it out and it works. Had my dad perform a test call and it went through. Although forgot to ask to test out data. I'll have to ask him tomorrow or wait until he's back on Tue night. During the setup, it prompted to perform the update to 10.3.3 but held off until I get confirmation from the seller that it is ok.
Nov 3, 2008
545 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
If the SIM's aren't a long term option why not just buy the premium unlocks at the going rate? Even $70 US (if they work) seems like a better deal if the phone is then unlocked for good. Also I've been reading a few posts where people mention that the best buy clerk needs to scan the phone or it could get bricked as a stolen phone when you use it in the states even after unlocking. Is this a concern with online purchases? I ordered on bestbuy USA and will pick it up in a few weeks when I'm in the states.
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
Update (Sep 19): This Gevey SIM seems to work with 10.3.3. It appears our iPhone SE came with 10.3.1 OOB. Silly parents used their data for the upgrade. Hope it didn't kill their data plan. :(
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
cheystar wrote: I will look for a gevey sim once i get the phone in my hand.
The place my dad picked up from was from strip mall on Finch just west of hwy 400.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm waiting for the unlock prices to go down, which they do in time. It used to be $39.99-50 usd to unlock the phone, but now its in the $70s. I got the gpplte sim bypass chip for free because of a giftcard. It would make sense to do the unlock. Once you factor in the price of the gpplte, you would be spending about the same even if the prices come down. I guess for people who don't have $70 usd its probable to spend $15 cad for now till they are able to afford the unlock. The sim bypass is indeed temporary but will last you as long as the phone is not updated to an iOS version which blocks it and the phone isn't switched off. Now about online purchases when you go pick it up in store they will scan it there. Just make sure they do. If you want to make sure you can verify it at an att store or by chatting with them online.
kzod wrote: If the SIM's aren't a long term option why not just buy the premium unlocks at the going rate? Even $70 US (if they work) seems like a better deal if the phone is then unlocked for good. Also I've been reading a few posts where people mention that the best buy clerk needs to scan the phone or it could get bricked as a stolen phone when you use it in the states even after unlocking. Is this a concern with online purchases? I ordered on bestbuy USA and will pick it up in a few weeks when I'm in the states.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
For anyone getting the ATT iphone SE. I can confirm it works with the GPPLTE sim bypass chip for IOS 11
May 9, 2015
382 posts
166 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
cheystar wrote: For anyone getting the ATT iphone SE. I can confirm it works with the GPPLTE sim bypass chip for IOS 11
do you have an URL of where you bought the bypass chip? and/or other links to at least the same product? thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
This is the one i bought from amazon, but they are out of stock from amazon for $19.99. If you buy it directly from the seller its $29.99 for some reason. Its the same as this one from amazon, but cheaper for $16.99. If you can wait you could get them cheaper i think from ebay, but buying from amazon if fulfilled by amazon makes easy returns. Make sure you don't buy the gpp lte with a black pcb because those don't work i believe.
desiringdeals wrote: do you have an URL of where you bought the bypass chip? and/or other links to at least the same product? thanks
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
cheystar wrote: For anyone getting the ATT iphone SE. I can confirm it works with the GPPLTE sim bypass chip for IOS 11
ooh! so tempted to try but scared at the same time!
cheystar wrote: Make sure you don't buy the gpp lte with a black pcb because those don't work i believe.
cripes. mine's a black PCB. :( I'm assuming all of these are the same, just branded differently.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
Well...AT&T makes it hard for the phone to be used by non AT&T customers, including visitors, but damn, $139-$199? Really? That's less than have is it not? $199USD is about $250CDN, while our phone I think is priced at $469, no? That's almost double the price of the *expensive* American one.

That's just insane.

On well.....the iPhone SE is a great phone. No complaints...little small, but after dropping it on freaking cement now like 7 times, grateful it's not larger.
Why can't we all just get along?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)