Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy USA] US ONLY! Apple Airpods for USD $147 with Visa Pay promo (Less than CAD $200)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 2:03 am
[OP]
Dec 14, 2008
261 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto

US ONLY! Apple Airpods for USD $147 with Visa Pay promo (Less than CAD $200)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 21, 2017
Retailer:
Best Buy USA
USA Only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-airpo ... Id=5577872

No coupon needed. But need US Visa Pay account and a US shipping address that's non-mailbox.

This thread is not about the discussion of:

1. Inflated price of Apple product
2. Inability to assess US address

If you want to complain about the 2 topics above,... DON'T.

Hopefully, someone will be able to benefit from my posting.
Last edited by xanta on Jan 20th, 2017 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2169 posts
967 upvotes
Victoria
Do the benefits of these outweigh the inconveniences of needing to charge them and the price?
[OP]
Dec 14, 2008
261 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
MaxPower19 wrote: Do the benefits of these outweigh the inconveniences of needing to charge them and the price?
To each their own. When it was first released, i thought it's way overpriced for a non noise-cancelling earphone.

After using it for a week, I find myself a lot more productive. I can multitask better.

In the gym, I love the freedom of not carrying my phone. Leave iphone in locker by the entrance of the gym,... and walk around the gym without lugging the iphone around, potentially drop or crack it.

The freedom and productivity alone is worth more than $200 to me.
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
It's like two major annoying inconveniences in one post.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7323 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
Am I allowed to complain about no link in the OP?
Jan 1, 2017
15 posts
8 upvotes
The price of these are way over inflated. You an find better for cheaper. Apple FTL

Shipping to US is also quite a PIA. at this price you would have to stay the night in us... unless you lie to the CBSA.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2021 posts
1539 upvotes
Vancouver
xanta wrote: To each their own. When it was first released, i thought it's way overpriced for a non noise-cancelling earphone.

After using it for a week, I find myself a lot more productive. I can multitask better.

In the gym, I love the freedom of not carrying my phone. Leave iphone in locker by the entrance of the gym,... and walk around the gym without lugging the iphone around, potentially drop or crack it.

The freedom and productivity alone is worth more than $200 to me.
What do you do when a call comes in at the gym? Does it tell you who is calling through the headphones? Do you get to answer through them? Can you pause/skip tracks through them?
Dec 21, 2011
236 posts
73 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Personally I wouldn't risk purchasing AirPods cross border. There are too many quality control issues with these. Returns could be be a real pain if require
I have gone through 2 pairs already in the last month.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5227 posts
1051 upvotes
Toronto
Thumperdude wrote: Personally I wouldn't risk purchasing AirPods cross border. There are too many quality control issues with these. Returns could be be a real pain if require
I have gone through 2 pairs already in the last month.
There's lots of reasons not to buy AirPods - and not to buy cross border - but warranty isn't one of them. Apple will simply swap these out for you in store; it's one of the good things about buying an apple device.
Jan 17, 2010
751 posts
269 upvotes
xanta wrote: This thread is not about the discussion of:

1. Inflated price of Apple product
2. Inability to assess US address

If you want to complain about the 2 topics above,... DON'T.
came on here to see why all the down votes.. realized poster was a self moderator
Jan 19, 2017
7 posts
milhaus wrote: There's lots of reasons not to buy AirPods - and not to buy cross border - but warranty isn't one of them. Apple will simply swap these out for you in store; it's one of the good things about buying an apple device.
2 pairs of airpods?!