Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

VIP Sale Sept. 3

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2015 12:50 am
Mar 29, 2009
118 posts
67 upvotes
Duncan
taro-chan wrote: will there be "door crashers"?
No special door crasher deals however I'd say go in asap if you have something in mind. I worked a few months in sales, now in Mobile. Mobile will be nuts! Expect Apple sales, i.e. iPhones and iPads...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
immortal_kssss wrote: I agree completely ,I PMed many times BB at FS or FS at BB ,it was so dumb on BB management end allowed that to happen...
/START OT RANT

How was this dumb? Best Buy was granted the ability to operate in Canada as long as it was run as a separate entity due to competition laws. Even though FS and BB used the same internal SKUs, they had to honour price-beating between stores because they were not operating as one in the same.

/END OT RANT
Aug 30, 2012
999 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Any ideas of TV going on sale, do you guys think it will be better than the labour day sale the following week?
Jun 18, 2008
510 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
ShaneG16 wrote: I work at BestBuy. lemme know if you guys have any questions.

Like the guy above said already, there will be pricing close to Boxing Day/Black Friday
After Bose QC25 blunder at WagJag, any chance on them being discounted (i.e. less than $329)?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
Any plans Micro Center or Fry Electronics have of coming here.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
ShaneG16 wrote: I'm going to be straight up honest. We will not know of any sales until the night before. But considering how bad video game sales are, I can see them going on sale.
hopefully ps4 console and 2 or 3 games for $399... :D
Sep 14, 2009
955 posts
443 upvotes
Whatsup123 wrote: We are told to tell people that its going to be like Black Friday pricing to draw interest and spread it word of mouth! Survey says you are more likely to come into a store if you hear it from a friend instead of a flyer or website! Sales are nothing spectacular just rehash from flyers from the past 6 weeks or so. That being said Macs will be on a good discount because we have the ablitly to mark them down to student pricing at any time between July - Oct even in store!

Like the guy above said already, there will be pricing close to Boxing Day/Black Friday
Actually, the poster above didn't say that. That poster just said what they are told to say to people which is different from what you have posted.
Nov 20, 2011
207 posts
18 upvotes

Any deals expected on gaming tvs?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
adrianf74 wrote: /START OT RANT

How was this dumb? Best Buy was granted the ability to operate in Canada as long as it was run as a separate entity due to competition laws. Even though FS and BB used the same internal SKUs, they had to honour price-beating between stores because they were not operating as one in the same.

/END OT RANT
I think you may be giving our legal system a bit too much credit. It was all marketing decisions on Best Buy's part to run two brands and price match each other. Competition laws only kick in if one was trying to buy out another existing company. Future Shop/Best Buy didn't really do that. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding)
Aug 9, 2005
978 posts
520 upvotes
ShaneG16 wrote: I'm going to be straight up honest. We will not know of any sales until the night before. But considering how bad video game sales are, I can see them going on sale.
Hopefully they've learned not to skimp out on the E3 promo for next year. It doesn't take an analyst to see that a huge chunk of new release sales over the last couple months went to Amazon.
Mar 29, 2009
118 posts
67 upvotes
Duncan
dokechi wrote: Hopefully they've learned not to skimp out on the E3 promo for next year. It doesn't take an analyst to see that a huge chunk of new release sales over the last couple months went to Amazon.
The loss in sales is primarily due to online sales, also Steam/Amazon...
Mar 29, 2009
118 posts
67 upvotes
Duncan
bluegang6 wrote: Seems like Best Buy is having a VIP sales special like Future Shop has done in the past.

Dated for September 3rd. My contact says that stores are gearing up with high targets, and black-friday like traffic.

Doubt we'll see any really hot deals, but I'll update this thread as we get closer to the 3rd. Emails should be going out to rewardzone members by Tuesday.

Seriously don't know how they're expecting mass traffic and the event hasn't been officially announced... Just a heads-up for all you RFDers.

*Here's promo material confirming the date**
[IMG]http://s15.postimg.org/a2mw5jxtn/image_Resource.png[/IMG]
VIP sales in the past were never advertised. ALL advertisement is done through word of mouth. I've been telling my customers, and taking their contact info. Making appointments for VIP day.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
dokechi wrote: Hopefully they've learned not to skimp out on the E3 promo for next year. It doesn't take an analyst to see that a huge chunk of new release sales over the last couple months went to Amazon.
We'll see how that turns out. All of my pre-orders for September are listed to show up a week or two after release.

My Disney Infinity 3.0 is schedule for next week, the game came out yesterday. NHL 16 is shown as coming a week after as well.

They may come sooner, so we will see. With Best Buy they were always on time for me. Savings are great, but DI 3.0 is a bday present and I have an NHL party every year the day after release. So I hope it was worth it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
I went to one of these at Future Shop a few years ago, and back then you had to register and they gave you a specific time to come in (when a sales person was expecting you). Same deal this time around, or do you just show up anytime on Thursday?
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Neo_ZX wrote: I really wish BB had died and FS was still here. No commission just means lifeless drone employees.
Been having the worst experience with BB trying to get rid of my gift cards. This will almost surely be a non-event.
I guess it depends of the store. We had a FS and BB in a mall and I appreciate more the BB. But like pretty much all stores it's a semi-crappy job that doesn't pay so we cannot expect a 1st class service.
Pourquoi pas?
Apr 19, 2012
79 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: I went to one of these at Future Shop a few years ago, and back then you had to register and they gave you a specific time to come in (when a sales person was expecting you). Same deal this time around, or do you just show up anytime on Thursday?
wow, sales person was expecting you...
i hope it will be just show up any time haha
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
uklamen wrote: We'll see how that turns out. All of my pre-orders for September are listed to show up a week or two after release.

My Disney Infinity 3.0 is schedule for next week, the game came out yesterday. NHL 16 is shown as coming a week after as well.

They may come sooner, so we will see. With Best Buy they were always on time for me. Savings are great, but DI 3.0 is a bday present and I have an NHL party every year the day after release. So I hope it was worth it.
Hey, quick q but did you have prime when you ordered and do you still hav prime now? I read amazon will ship out for release with prime but regular gets fd
Sep 2, 2010
380 posts
139 upvotes
Alberta
Will I be able to get the price adjusted if the item I purchased this past weekend go on sale?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
rfd365 wrote: wow, sales person was expecting you...
i hope it will be just show up any time haha
Yeah it was strange! I wanted some help with appliances and they told me they were all booked up, but could see me later in the afternoon if I wanted to come back.
RFD'er since 2007 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)