Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

VIP Sale on Thursday

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2016 3:43 am
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
If you want a MacBook Air 13" this VIP day is the time to buy. It's $200 off and is the latest model with 128GB PCIe crazy fast storage, 8GB ram and is an i5 with turbo boost and hyperthreading. 12+ hours usage on battery is legit for web or video watching. I bought one last VIP day and it has exceeded my expectations. The Pro is not worth the price premium IMO, retina actually shows less on the screen due to 2x scaling on the Pro compared to the Air.
Always in search of a great deal....
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
184 upvotes
S7 Edge for rogers seems like a really good deal. 50 with no trade in free with trade in.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
KeepCool wrote: I really need a good deal on desk chairs
If you can wait, go to Bureau en gros, try a few chairs, note the one you prefer and wait for it to be on sale.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Sep 15th, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
Would that GoPro-like camera not be a decent deal??
Jan 17, 2009
564 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Netcruzer wrote: If you want a MacBook Air 13" this VIP day is the time to buy. It's $200 off and is the latest model with 128GB PCIe crazy fast storage, 8GB ram and is an i5 with turbo boost and hyperthreading. 12+ hours usage on battery is legit for web or video watching. I bought one last VIP day and it has exceeded my expectations. The Pro is not worth the price premium IMO, retina actually shows less on the screen due to 2x scaling on the Pro compared to the Air.
I believe their Mac lineup is being refreshed with the latest Intel Processors and are slated to be announced in the next month or two.
I guess this thread is about the BB VIP sale but just wanted to put that info out there in cause some users did not know.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
hshot_rooke wrote: I believe their Mac lineup is being refreshed with the latest Intel Processors and are slated to be announced in the next month or two.
I guess this thread is about the BB VIP sale but just wanted to put that info out there in cause some users did not know.
True, in October I'd expect new Macbook Pros to be announced with Kaby Lake CPUs and a OLED touch row replacing the F-keys is the rumor. I also expect that the Macbook AIR line will be discontinued completely. I think there is possibly of a new Macbook 13" added to the 12" range, and then the 13" and 15" Pros will get a redesign.
Sept 7 should be all about iPhone, but you never know they might throw in new Mac stuff too.

Anyway, if you want a Macbook AIR you might as well take advantage of the VIP sale, then if something is introduced on the 7th you want more, you can return the Air. 14 day return policy.
Always in search of a great deal....
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
Any of the drones on sale a good deal? The Phantom 4K doesn't have lightbridge so that's out of the question and the 3DR I'm not really sure about.
Jan 6, 2012
73 posts
6 upvotes
PORT MOODY
how's this laptop:

HP 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop - Black (AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)

generally for light gaming such as league of legends, multiple tabs open and watching youtube/netflix/etc.

thanks
Aug 27, 2012
592 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
D168 wrote: Would that GoPro-like camera not be a decent deal??
That's what I'm thinking...I tried looking for reviews online but couldn't really find anything that was helpful. Looks like the quality isn't amazing but good for casual users I guess. Also looks like it might be slightly bigger and bulkier than the GoPro. Not sure if I should buy this or save up a little more to buy a GoPro...
Nov 4, 2006
963 posts
20 upvotes
msavic6 wrote: Any of the drones on sale a good deal? The Phantom 4K doesn't have lightbridge so that's out of the question and the 3DR I'm not really sure about.
The 3DR Solo package on sale comes with the gimbal attachment. Its $849.99 right now (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/b ... e1ca5fen02), couple that with the $20 of $100+ Visa Checkout promo and thats one of the lowest prices I've seen for that package.

The VIP price for tomorrow is going to be $849.99 as well the last I checked. The Visa Checkout promo ends August 31.
It's wonderful, It's marvellous, It's 3-3! - John Aldrigde, May 25, 2005

Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength. - Bill Shankly, 1971.
Apr 17, 2015
494 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Save your money boys..

They were going for $50 last month via a rewards card code.

But most importantly, its sensor is not the best, video quality is meh and the camera itself glitches often ( Needing to take out the battery and replace)..

For kids or for very occasional use, go for it.. For anything more serious go Chinese ( I have had good luck with sub 100 Eken's, but xiaomi, dazzia, and legit sj cams are pretty good) or pay for a Gopro/sony/garmin.
Feb 22, 2011
257 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
Netcruzer wrote:If you want a MacBook Air 13" this VIP day is the time to buy. It's $200 off and is the latest model with 128GB PCIe crazy fast storage, 8GB ram and is an i5 with turbo boost and hyperthreading. 12+ hours usage on battery is legit for web or video watching. I bought one last VIP day and it has exceeded my expectations. The Pro is not worth the price premium IMO, retina actually shows less on the screen due to 2x scaling on the Pro compared to the Air.
I was looking at getting the pro for the extra performance and ports, but also the resolution. What do you mean about it showing less than the Air?
Jun 6, 2009
193 posts
23 upvotes
What time does it start? It's 12:05 EST right now and no price change yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hmmm...seems weak to me, not a real VIP SALE
ok, I am not VIP of BB anyway hehe
Feb 22, 2011
257 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
CasvalRD wrote:What time does it start? It's 12:05 EST right now and no price change yet.
I believe it will start at 12am PST, so not until 3am in EST
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ok, found something interested me
LEXAR MEDIA Lexar JumpDrive S75 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive $24.99, ha!
but do I need one more USB flash drive?....
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
onamonapia wrote:
D168 wrote: Would that GoPro-like camera not be a decent deal??
That's what I'm thinking...I tried looking for reviews online but couldn't really find anything that was helpful. Looks like the quality isn't amazing but good for casual users I guess. Also looks like it might be slightly bigger and bulkier than the GoPro. Not sure if I should buy this or save up a little more to buy a GoPro...
I'm in the same boat, might be worth a try. It's dirt cheap so might be good for a starter unit. Winder what mount and accessories it works with?

Screw it, for 60 bucks I will try it. Ordering tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2014
1307 posts
1258 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Absolutely garbage. As expected they raised their prices before showing a "discount" and there is no 30 percent off code like they had in June.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)