Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Xbox One S 1TB + Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition + Fallout 4 + Titanfall 2 + Kinect + Kinect Adapter $379

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 12:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2487 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Xbox One S 1TB + Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition + Fallout 4 + Titanfall 2 + Kinect + Kinect Adapter $379

Best Buy has a new bundle up for sale,

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbo ... 08701.aspx?
Last edited by Nexzen on Aug 19th, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1982 posts
1062 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest town in Canada
Support local small business
May 5, 2009
295 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Probably wait a couple of days. They are announcing the Xbox One X pre order this weekend so I suspect lots of deals will be coming
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
1955 posts
1805 upvotes
Quebec
StealthFinder wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 6:53 am

The X1S actually has a 4k bluray player
Nov 17, 2007
112 posts
107 upvotes
Canada
StealthFinder wrote:

I would go with the Xbox One S, between those two options. The PS4 Pro has more power, but isn't doing anything specific or special with it at this point, and is more expensive with no included games or accessories.

The Xbox One S isn't more powerful than the original Xbox One, but it does output to upscaled 4K and it also displays HDR content, if your TV can do it, which unfortunately yours cannot.

Uncharted 4 (for PS4), Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (for Xbox One) are the most beautiful looking console games I've ever seen. At 4K with HDR Gears and Forza both gain an edge that lift them above anything else that can be found on a console, in my opinion.

And as stated above, The Xbox One S also has a 4K Blu Ray player which no PS4 unit does. This is a great, high quality 4K Blu Ray player and makes this purchase a no brainer if you're hoping to use your TV for 4K movies. Other 4K Blu Ray players are generally about this price anyway.

At this price, with this many games and accessories included, you are getting a brilliant deal. Kinect isn't a games device as much as another way to interact with your Xbox and your Media. As that kind of a device it is amazingly useful and makes the Xbox experience unique and smooth.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Either is good, this option, I believe, is better.
I Love deals.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2376 posts
360 upvotes
Hamilton
AA7HBS wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 7:59 am
I would go with the Xbox One S, between those two options. The PS4 Pro has more power, but isn't doing anything specific or special with it at this point, and is more expensive with no included games or accessories.

The Xbox One S isn't more powerful than the original Xbox One, but it does output to upscaled 4K and it also displays HDR content, if your TV can do it, which unfortunately yours cannot.

Uncharted 4 (for PS4), Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (for Xbox One) are the most beautiful looking console games I've ever seen. At 4K with HDR Gears and Forza both gain an edge that lift them above anything else that can be found on a console, in my opinion.

And as stated above, The Xbox One S also has a 4K Blu Ray player which no PS4 unit does. This is a great, high quality 4K Blu Ray player and makes this purchase a no brainer if you're hoping to use your TV for 4K movies. Other 4K Blu Ray players are generally about this price anyway.

At this price, with this many games and accessories included, you are getting a brilliant deal. Kinect isn't a games device as much as another way to interact with your Xbox and your Media. As that kind of a device it is amazingly useful and makes the Xbox experience unique and smooth.

I've had an Xbox One S for a little while, and finally got around to connecting it to the 4K60 input on my 70" vizio. Was watching some Netflix and then playing Forza Horizon 3, and the TV was reporting the content coming in at 2160p (I didn't realize it upscales gameplay to 4K as well). But man, on a large screen it looked gorgeous.
Apr 2, 2011
124 posts
76 upvotes
Montr
joey003 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 8:06 am
I've had an Xbox One S for a little while, and finally got around to connecting it to the 4K60 input on my 70" vizio. Was watching some Netflix and then playing Forza Horizon 3, and the TV was reporting the content coming in at 2160p (I didn't realize it upscales gameplay to 4K as well). But man, on a large screen it looked gorgeous.
Combine this deal with promo buy 150$ egift card get back 15$ saving card on September 5th to be used between September 5th and 18th. Buy 2 and you'll have 30$.

https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/

This is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2866 posts
938 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:

I would get the PS4 Pro unless you only watch 4k on disc. PS4 Pro can still stream 4k HDR contents and has much larger and better game library. I own both and I am having hard time finding games to buy for my Xbox One S. The only games I bought for it were the ones that were cheaper than the PS4 version, i.e. Hitman, and the B2G1 Xbox One games deal for Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and Doom. All of which are multi-platform games which I would still prefer the PS4 version.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2487 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
StealthFinder wrote:

For 4k viewing, Xbox One S, it's cheaper than a Pro and can stream everything 4K and has a 4K Blu Ray Player and even upscales games to 4K. But mainly for viewing, the Xbox One S just because you're paying more for a Pro to do the same thing and it's still missing a 4K Blu Ray Player.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2487 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 12:45 pm
I would get the PS4 Pro unless you only watch 4k on disc. PS4 Pro can still stream 4k HDR contents and has much larger and better game library. I own both and I am having hard time finding games to buy for my Xbox One S. The only games I bought for it were the ones that were cheaper than the PS4 version, i.e. Hitman, and the B2G1 Xbox One games deal for Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and Doom. All of which are multi-platform games which I would still prefer the PS4 version.
He said for 4k viewing, so more for other stuff than gaming. You're saving so much money going for the One S. It streams everything 4k and has a 4k Blu Ray player. If you're main goal is for viewing, makes no sense to go for the pro. You're paying more and still not getting 4k Blu Ray Support. The One S can do 4k streaming, 4k Blu Rays and upscale to 4k for games and movies, much better value.
Feb 9, 2013
949 posts
491 upvotes
Ottawa
The PS4 is undoubtedly the better gaming device. But the Xbox One S is a much better multimedia device. This is pretty much what the differences come down to.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1982 posts
1062 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
First of all, many thanks to all those that responded to my question. You guys are awesome with the level of detail provided. Each of you have been thanked. This is what RFD is all about. Helping each other with the strengths we have. THANK YOU.

It appears that for my application, The X Box One S is the way to go.
AA7HBS wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 7:59 am

Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1982 posts
1062 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Guyman, how does this work now? This X Box One S sale ends 24 August. If I understand this right:

1. Buy 2 $150 gift cards NOW.
2. Pay for the X Box One S with those gift cards.
3. (This part I am not clear about) Receive 2 x $15 gift cards on 5 Sept to be used up until 18 September.

Did I get this right?
Guyman wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 8:22 am
Combine this deal with promo buy 150$ egift card get back 15$ saving card on September 5th to be used between September 5th and 18th. Buy 2 and you'll have 30$.

https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/

This is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1982 posts
1062 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
OK, I found the T's & C's for the Gift card purchase. Here they are:

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
$15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
Not valid if order is canceled.