Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Xbox One X Jedi Fallen Order Bundle -$379.99 (probably everywhere)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2020 7:18 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1499 posts
941 upvotes

[Best Buy] Xbox One X Jedi Fallen Order Bundle -$379.99 (probably everywhere)

Looks like this may be the new price at all retailers until the Series X comes out.

Funny that people downvote $220 off, not because it is a good price, but because they can spend MORE in 9 months. Ahhh, good ol’ RFD.
Last edited by FooNdaR on Feb 25th, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3633 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
At this point (March soon), definitely worth it to wait for the new gen. Must resist the temptation RFD brothers!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1700 posts
610 upvotes
Montreal, QC
honggil wrote: At this point (March soon), definitely worth it to wait for the new gen. Must resist the temptation RFD brothers!
good luck with that because shoppers has their bonus redemption this weekend. also, same price
Mar 22, 2017
791 posts
702 upvotes
honggil wrote: At this point (March soon), definitely worth it to wait for the new gen. Must resist the temptation RFD brothers!
It's two different conversations to have. The new gen will probably be 599+tax, which is way more than this deal is. It's like saying that someone shouldn't buy a Vizio M-Series TV because OLED is better. Yeah, it's better, but it's also very expensive and not really aiming at the same market.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20701 posts
3034 upvotes
YUL
So many people keep saying that, but the reality is that not everybody needs or wants the latest generation console as soon as it comes out. Which will also probably be double the price. I just upgraded from an Xbox one S to an X last week, and I am pretty happy.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1408 posts
434 upvotes
I'm undecided on this.
I game on an original XBOX One using a 1080p 27" screen size at a desk (also PC and other consoles) and I just don't want to go bigger than 27".

I could upgrade to a 27" 4k screen, but Is there any benefit to 4k at a 27" screen size at about 2.5 feet distance? Meaning, can you resolve pixel detail at that size/distance or is it wasted?
May 4, 2004
478 posts
42 upvotes
Historically, with a new gen system coming out, will these sales likely continue and become the regular price, as well as drive down used system costs?
Banned
Feb 15, 2020
22 posts
37 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: Looks like this may be the new price at all retailers until the Series X comes out.

Funny that people downvote $220 off, not because it is a good price, but because they can spend MORE in 9 months. Ahhh, good ol’ RFD.

No need to cry.

You are mostly getting downvoted because this is about the 5th post on the literal Xbox one X 379 99. We don’t need a new topic for every retailer, maybe try opening your eyes next time.
Dec 7, 2018
11 posts
17 upvotes
EternalKobe wrote: No need to cry.

You are mostly getting downvoted because this is about the 5th post on the literal Xbox one X 379 99. We don’t need a new topic for every retailer, maybe try opening your eyes next time.
Life of the party.
Dec 14, 2017
29 posts
43 upvotes
Before anyone says it's a bad deal because of the oncoming Xbox Series, it isn't. The Xbox One X will be supported for at least another year as some Xbox Series games will be available for the Xbox One X.

Also it's a beast of a machine.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9062 posts
1394 upvotes
Victoria
They're also a great media box. I bought one at Christmas when it was on sale for 449.95 and RBC/Amplii had that 20% off toysrus deals. I ended up paying about $350 including tax. It also came with Fallen Order which I would of bought on PC or PS4 to play. I was just replaying Read Dead Redemption on it too which looks amazing for a 10 year old game.

For me I needed to replace on old ps3 that had an optical drive that had issue ejecting. It was the workhorse the living room for playing blurays/cd's. The One X seemed like a good substitute. Plus it runs Kodi which makes it really easy to play video files off my home network. I tend to prefer playstation for their exclusives. I'm guessing next gen I'd go ps5, so buying an xb1x seems mostly harmless.
Dec 24, 2011
255 posts
410 upvotes
TORONTO, Canada
EternalKobe wrote: No need to cry.

Thank you for your UPLIFTING post.
Jun 7, 2017
986 posts
2581 upvotes
New Brunswick
sumtimw0ng wrote: good luck with that because shoppers has their bonus redemption this weekend. also, same price
Where do you see this price at Shoppers? Haven't found anything in the flyers
Dec 9, 2001
365 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
cliffclaven wrote: I'm undecided on this.
I game on an original XBOX One using a 1080p 27" screen size at a desk (also PC and other consoles) and I just don't want to go bigger than 27".

I could upgrade to a 27" 4k screen, but Is there any benefit to 4k at a 27" screen size at about 2.5 feet distance? Meaning, can you resolve pixel detail at that size/distance or is it wasted?
Get 2K/1440p. Many games that advertise 4K are not true 4k, and Xbox One X added support for 1440p.
If you're getting a new screen, make sure it's Freesync compatible and at least 120hz. Freesync is magic that makes stuttering, tearing, and choppiness from dropping under 60fps go away. There is no reason to buy a tv or monitor without Freesync in 2020.
Oct 13, 2017
173 posts
139 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: Where do you see this price at Shoppers? Haven't found anything in the flyers
It's on page 8 of the upcoming flyer. At least in Ontario. Starts on the 29th