Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy's Cyber Monday Flyer Is Now Live (Exclusive!)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2013 10:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4644 posts
741 upvotes
MeiserT wrote: It's comparable to the Kitchenaid KSM7581CA .
Just $350-$400 cheaper (today's price). lol

Any difference between the Chrome and White one other than the color? Just wondering why one's non-sale price is higher than the other...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21712 posts
21304 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Gbyrd wrote: It's cost. Why would bb/fs buy a ***** ton more servers to deal with traffic that occurs 2-3 times a year when they can have smaller costs and tell customers to suck it up because frankly they really only need the servers for the day to day operations. If they had that same traffic all year then that would be different.
I figure they'd do that because they didn't want to piss off their customers? Still, the customers are not important so I agree with your post. A company that does not care about the customer's experience would not address this issue because it does not make them $.
Jun 13, 2011
784 posts
502 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: It's cost. Why would bb/fs buy a ***** ton more servers to deal with traffic that occurs 2-3 times a year when they can have smaller costs and tell customers to suck it up because frankly they really only need the servers for the day to day operations. If they had that same traffic all year then that would be different.
They wouldn't have to buy servers but simply rent them for a a few days. CDN + Load balancing isn't new stuff.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
It's called scalable infrastructure. Best Buy doesn't need to buy a ton more servers. All they have to do is build their website in such a way that it can add more servers as the load increases. They don't have to pay for those servers year round, just when the load gets silly high (like on Cyber Monday or Boxing Day). It's *really* not hard to do. All of the cloud service web providers (Amazon WS, Microsoft Azure, etc) offer this out of the box, and it's one of the primary selling features. And I am kinda shocked that a company the size of Best Buy/Future Shop, which has a reputation for such silly shenanigans, has not implemented this functionality already. But then, I'm not, really, because I've seen what kind of priority IT work gets at the vast majority of companies. It's not flashy like the pretty marketing stuff.

I'm glad I fought the site last night to get my order through, though. Because the WD TV Play was sold out this morning when I checked. :)
Dec 18, 2004
36 posts
7 upvotes
Has anyone received a confirmation email yet? My order went through last night but I can't see it when I log into my account.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
inFocus wrote: Has anyone received a confirmation email yet? My order went through last night but I can't see it when I log into my account.
My confirmation email came at 2:09 AM (order completed at 10:28 PM). The Paypal confirmation came through right away, though and I could see it in my account right away too.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
2307 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: It's called scalable infrastructure. Best Buy doesn't need to buy a ton more servers. All they have to do is build their website in such a way that it can add more servers as the load increases. They don't have to pay for those servers year round, just when the load gets silly high (like on Cyber Monday or Boxing Day). It's *really* not hard to do. All of the cloud service web providers (Amazon WS, Microsoft Azure, etc) offer this out of the box, and it's one of the primary selling features. And I am kinda shocked that a company the size of Best Buy/Future Shop, which has a reputation for such silly shenanigans, has not implemented this functionality already. But then, I'm not, really, because I've seen what kind of priority IT work gets at the vast majority of companies. It's not flashy like the pretty marketing stuff.
You are trying to sound smart by making a HUGE assumption that Best Buy is willing to host their infrastructure on 3rd party service (cloud). I highly doubt they would, more likely that they have a very integrated system of their storefront sites with all their infrastructure (inventory, warehouse, ordering, etc) system which mean very likely they would own and maintain their own infrastructure.

You made as if moving to the cloud is such an easy process - pretty sure you are clueless as to what moving to the cloud means to IT policies and processes.

Another point of consideration (that you likely ignore), is data privacy as to whether BB/FS willing (or allowed) to host their customer data outside of Canada, which would be the case if they go with AWS and other cloud services.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
damnos wrote: You are trying to sound smart by making a HUGE assumption that Best Buy is willing to host their infrastructure on 3rd party service (cloud). I highly doubt they would, more likely that they have a very integrated system of their storefront sites with all their infrastructure (inventory, warehouse, ordering, etc) system which mean very likely they would own and maintain their own infrastructure.

You made as if moving to the cloud is such an easy process - pretty sure you are clueless as to what moving to the cloud means to IT policies and processes.

Another point of consideration (that you likely ignore), is data privacy as to whether BB/FS willing (or allowed) to host their customer data outside of Canada, which would be the case if they go with AWS and other cloud services.
I wasn't saying they *should* go to the cloud, just that cloud services offer it out of the box. You don't need to be in the cloud to have this kind of setup.
Dec 18, 2004
36 posts
7 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D5EPWpf.gif[/IMG]

Can we get back to the deals?
What's the point if Best Buy can't handle the orders? From late this morning:

Thank you for your recent Bestbuy.ca order.

We’ve experienced a bit of a technical issue with your order and are unable to process it. The order has been cancelled to ensure it doesn't get hung up in our system and no charges are processed.

And now, OOS.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
jayehs wrote: Hmmmm there's no returns on furnitures? I was gonna order this chair to try it out too. Good thing i saw this post.
Thanked, I did not know that. I am cancelling the chair then. It wasn't going in a primary area but I'm not going to risk a non-reviewed product when a Costco one I looked at for $90 was actually very comfortable.
Jun 18, 2005
406 posts
56 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Thanked, I did not know that. I am cancelling the chair then. It wasn't going in a primary area but I'm not going to risk a non-reviewed product when a Costco one I looked at for $90 was actually very comfortable.
Don't thank me, thank the other dude.

I'm looking at the return policy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/return ... c1075.aspx

It says "Furniture must be unassembled and still in the original packaging. Mattresses must be unsoiled, undamaged, and show no signs of use."

Does that mean basically unopened or can i just disassemble it and return?

I really wish i can try it out somewhere or there was any sort of review on it. It looks pretty promising.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Lol, I suppose it doesn't have a hologram seal like headphones so I guess you could carefully go backwards and put it back to return it.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I didn't cancel the Samtack chair in time.

Anyone put yours together? Comments?
Jan 2, 2009
793 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote: I didn't cancel the Samtack chair in time.

Anyone put yours together? Comments?
I didn't end up ordering it. Let us know if you do put it together :p

And link to the Costco chair or in store only?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)