Automotive

Best car wash between Eko, Esso & Petro

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2019 1:42 pm
Nov 23, 2019
1 posts

Best car wash between Eko, Esso & Petro

I want something that leaves a great smell, under car rinse, wheels & rims cleaning

Thanks for your suggestions
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1556 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Esso luxury wash. Touchless, does a great job, sprays underneath, sprays rust inhibitor as well, closest to a hand wash that you can get at an automated wash, and that won't sandblast your vehicle. Finishing touch is the scent of the wax I believe it applies, leaves your car smelling like a nice bubblegum.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
They are all different. It depends how old the auto car wash equipment is and what level of wash you pay for.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
4101 posts
6125 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Husky touchless is the best I've found for the price around here. (Especially on Wed when it's $3 off). Longest drying cycle as well (90 seconds)
Sep 7, 2007
361 posts
188 upvotes
Woodstock
I live just outside a small city and the number of car washes is limited. The newest one (2-3 years?) ia a touchless one I've used a couple of times. I would normally opt for the basic wash, but the last time, after the car had been down a wet gravel road and got really covered, I got the deluxe wash for $14. It's supposed to include the underside and add wax. I was very disappointed. Not only were the rocker panels still dirty, the wheel rims and wheel wells still had mud and there was mud on the back bumper. A good rain storm would have done the same job. Luckily it was above freezing so I spent half an hour with my pressure washer finishing the job.

What I learned from talking to people afterwards was that these car washes are only for cars that don't really need washing.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
oldyellr wrote: I live just outside a small city and the number of car washes is limited. The newest one (2-3 years?) ia a touchless one I've used a couple of times. I would normally opt for the basic wash, but the last time, after the car had been down a wet gravel road and got really covered, I got the deluxe wash for $14. It's supposed to include the underside and add wax. I was very disappointed. Not only were the rocker panels still dirty, the wheel rims and wheel wells still had mud and there was mud on the back bumper. A good rain storm would have done the same job. Luckily it was above freezing so I spent half an hour with my pressure washer finishing the job.

What I learned from talking to people afterwards was that these car washes are only for cars that don't really need washing.
I had the same experience recently. But honestly, that's just too much dirt for a touchless wash to handle. I performed the cardinal sin and took it to a soft-touch wash. The car came out perfect.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
oldyellr wrote: I live just outside a small city and the number of car washes is limited. The newest one (2-3 years?) ia a touchless one I've used a couple of times. I would normally opt for the basic wash, but the last time, after the car had been down a wet gravel road and got really covered, I got the deluxe wash for $14. It's supposed to include the underside and add wax. I was very disappointed. Not only were the rocker panels still dirty, the wheel rims and wheel wells still had mud and there was mud on the back bumper. A good rain storm would have done the same job. Luckily it was above freezing so I spent half an hour with my pressure washer finishing the job.

I get out and inspect before I leave the car wash. If it is not good enough I go in and let them know and they always give me another run through.

I use them in the winter time to get the slush and crud off, especially the bottom.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)