Students

Best College to Go to in Toronto? (Social Life, Professionalism)

[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
1 posts

Best College to Go to in Toronto? (Social Life, Professionalism)

Hello, I just moved to Toronto from Ottawa and I'm transferring colleges, I wanted to know what would be the best college for me to transfer to in regards to social life, I was about to go to Centennial but I am having doubts as I have been told it is mostly populated with international students.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2774 posts
615 upvotes
Edmonton
Isn't that better? I intend students will provide you with a whole another view of the world from a different perspective. You will learn way more from them than people who grew up and live and breathe Canada. Make friends with them and you will explore different cultures, food, etc. I think it's great
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15797 posts
2110 upvotes
Toronto
Not to mention international students usually live at the school and will actually go out and do things with new people. Domestic students normally commute from wherever they grew up and still hang out with their old cliques whenever they have free time.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Jul 3, 2017
22 posts
13 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 12:38 pm
Not to mention international students usually live at the school and will actually go out and do things with new people. Domestic students normally commute from wherever they grew up and still hang out with their old cliques whenever they have free time.
You are right. I went to Centennial as an international student, a lot of the domestic students felt uncomfortable being the minority. Some of that can be attributed to the fact that a lot of the internationals don't speak English as a first language and prefer to speak in their own language during group work and social periods. Some will make an effort to speak English when they are around other students, and some wont care whether you'r there or not. This affects even other international students as who only speak English. What usually ends up happening is that after the first semester, most students will only work with and socialize with other students who speak the same language.
Having said that, there were a lot of cool people who tried to be friends with everyone regardless of background. You can experience a different culture like the others have said, if your open minded.