Tags:
None
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor

The best computer I can build

Hi all
I need your recommendations as I am building a new computer. Money is no issue and I would like to build the fastest, the newest and the best computer that would last me for 6/7 years....Please recommend me the best MotherBoard, best memory, best SSD, best case and best of everything..... Thanks in advance.......As mentioned earlier money is no issue at the moment.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
What are you planning to do with this "best-of-everything" system ?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I never recommend this approach. It's FAR cheaper to build off the leading edge and upgrade every couple years instead of making thing stretch to 7 years.
Just as an example, a QX9775 was king of the hill in '08. Nowadays a simple i3 murders it. You'll be fast for a couple years but then even midrange processors/GPUs will start killing you.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3267 posts
6459 upvotes
London, Ontario
If money is no issue, why not just buy one?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Computers are constantly changing every few months. The best computer you build today will not be the best later. Best to build a good system that will last 4 years and you can upgrade after that.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Money is always an issue unless your wiping your ass with it ( which is doubtful since you asked your question here ). what is your budget?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1574 upvotes
Toronto
As everyone said, nothing is future proof. Literally ever year there is something slightly better. In 6-8, your stuff will be prehistoric. However since it was high end, it will still do the job which is what no one is mentioning here. Lastly, there is the issue with stuff breaking down in time. If you want the best then here is a suggestion for what to look for, go to the Pc Parts Picker site, go to completed builds up top and just refine the settings/categories so it'll be within your budget, whether it's 1k or 20.
Dec 24, 2014
77 posts
9 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Have no idea what you were hoping to get here... Even if money is no issue as you say. We have no idea what you even want to use this PC for. As Solsearchin1 said, money is always an issue. Especially with how costly very specific systems can get...