Tags:
None
[OP]
May 2, 2007
23 posts
montreal

Best computer store in Montreal?

Hi, I'm new to Montreal.

Can someone tell me the best computer store in Montreal to by components like ram, hd's, cases and psu's?

The store's i found here (Microbytes) are quite expensive compared to online ones like tigerdirect.ca & ncix

thanks
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1939 posts
4 upvotes
Away
I have yet to find a decent computer store in Montreal that doesn't charge extortionist prices for computer parts. I have learned to accept this fact and simply do any of the following:
  • Order online from e-tailers (primarily Canada/US, but mostly NCIX) or eBay
  • Buy parts from forum members (not many locally)
  • Buy from stores like Best Buy when they have something I want on sale (or if I can get a better deal with PMing)
MicroBytes sucks. Their prices are often 2-4 times higher than anywhere else.
Mar 14, 2008
135 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
The best computer stores in Montreal? Online. :razz:
Apr 1, 2008
16 posts
1 upvote
montreal
i'm thinking microbytes was 1 year of warranty...i try to find the warranty on the website but nothing....
May 21, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
I'm with S_G on this topic, Montreal is at a disadvantage when it comes to good prices for computer components. I have been using www.CanadaComputers.com for a couple years since I'm from Ontario, and when I moved here, I needed a cheap place with cheap shipping and they have a flat shipping rate of $6.99 for any order. Also they have the cheapest prices around for the best components. But if there is a better place here in Montreal please let me know.

G
Jul 21, 2008
2 posts
1 upvote
Canada, QC, Saint-La…
Not anymore guys PCCyber is active in Montreal Downtown on guy street they have almost the best prices you can get on the planet I have compared it with newegg and canadacomputers and since there is not shipping fee if you pick it up then you save. The manager is David awesome and smart guy will tell you exactly what you need and what you don't need. I went bought two i7 930 and built 2 computers. Check it out guys Montreal is rolling now in equality with Toronto and the states!
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13497 posts
1188 upvotes
Montreal
Pixel3 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2010 1:57 pm
Not anymore guys PCCyber is active in Montreal Downtown on guy street they have almost the best prices you can get on the planet I have compared it with newegg and canadacomputers and since there is not shipping fee if you pick it up then you save. The manager is David awesome and smart guy will tell you exactly what you need and what you don't need. I went bought two i7 930 and built 2 computers. Check it out guys Montreal is rolling now in equality with Toronto and the states!
For expensive items, online still wins because you evade the PST, at least until quebec goes commie and gets the HST.
Oct 31, 2009
377 posts
76 upvotes
BC
Newegg.ca
Sohodiffusion
CanadaComputers
NCIX/BestDirect/DirectCanada
US retailers
Dell.ca
Infonec
PCCyber in downtown
Microbytes
Tigerdirect.ca
Amazon.ca
Bewawa.ca
Onhop
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2774 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
I agree PC stores in Montreal/Laval is garbage. It is to the point I would want to open an NCIX if I could in Montreal/Laval area and get the enthusiasts and also people who know not to buy Acer computers to shop.

But then again you peeps know to shop online anyways :/
× < >