Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec

Best condoms?

Even if we have 4 kids, my wife will not allow me to have my balls cut off -- not yet at least. And since the pill is out of the question for various reasons and that we are not too keen on using other chemical/physical methods, our only solutions are either to play with fire (not a good idea, since my wife is super fertile -- hence the 4 kids), or use condoms.

I bought a box of SKYN condoms because the box looked nice, but they suck. Not the worst type I've used, but still.

I remember that Crown condoms were not so bad and well-reviewed. Are they still the best out there or are there better alternatives?
38 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12008 posts
1761 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Tell ur wife to visit the family dr as there r other alternatives besides condoms and the pill.
De gustibus non est disputandum
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
Becks wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:04 pm
Tell ur wife to visit the family dr as there r other alternatives besides condoms and the pill.
My wife and I are perfectly aware of the alternatives, thank you. This comment sounds rather chauvinistic.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5264 posts
1475 upvotes
Space
Have you discussed an IUD? That would be the cheapest option. Condom wise, the lamb and Trojan thin condoms are probably the best for feeling. There are some really good designer brand condoms but they’re $$. Probably go broke depending on frequency of course lol.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18116 posts
2802 upvotes
GTA West
Can you freeze some of your swimmers and then get the chop?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2488 posts
1887 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 2:49 pm
My wife and I are perfectly aware of the alternatives, thank you. This comment sounds rather chauvinistic.
And how does it sound coming to rfd for advice about condoms? How old are you? 14?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
BiegeToyota wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 9:11 pm
And how does it sound coming to rfd for advice about condoms? How old are you? 14?
What the hell are you talking about? RFD is not only about discussing "deals", but also general consumption choices, hence the "Health and Wellness" forum. No, I won't "tell my wife to visit our family doctor". We have 4 kids and we know the different birth control options -- whether they are natural, physical or chemical -- perfectly well. There are various reasons, which are none of your business, why we choose to use condoms. If this subject makes you unconfortable, don't read or follow this thread.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 5:04 pm
Can you freeze some of your swimmers and then get the chop?
Well, this would involve costs, and artificial fertilization is obviously more complicated than natural fertilization. I'll get the chop once we're ready.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2488 posts
1887 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:35 pm
What the hell are you talking about? RFD is not only about discussing "deals", but also general consumption choices, hence the "Health and Wellness" forum. No, I won't "tell my wife to visit our family doctor". We have 4 kids and we know the different birth control options -- whether they are natural, physical or chemical -- perfectly well. There are various reasons, which are none of your business, why we choose to use condoms. If this subject makes you unconfortable, don't read or follow this thread.
No. It doesn't make me uncomfortable. It makes me cringe. And since you put out your sex life on RFD, yes it is my business.

So to summarize, you know all the super medical birth control options, but you are somehow unaware about condom choices which is to many people a very personal preference.

You could simply read the reviews, but instead you choose to call a poster chauvinist.

A cringe worthy topic indeed.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18116 posts
2802 upvotes
GTA West
Balzard wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:40 pm
Well, this would involve costs, and artificial fertilization is obviously more complicated than natural fertilization. I'll get the chop once we're ready.
If your wife got pregnant by accident, you'll wish you had frozen some swimmers and had the chop.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1938 posts
685 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
How about we just give the guy the advice he asked for, rather than being smart asses.
Sorry I can't help you OP. Don't need em, don't use em. But it's got me thinking. Maybe we could do a little testing and get back to you.
How about the rest of you helping out?
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8559 posts
1869 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:40 pm
It's absolutely beyond me how men are ok with going through a surgery vs the simple IUD options out there. Absolutely nuts.