• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2018 11:17 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7918 posts
3781 upvotes
Toronto
best condoms i've ever found are the lifestyles brand.
they are also probably the best price of all the mainstream brands.

literally the best bang for buck!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
BiegeToyota wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:50 pm
No. It doesn't make me uncomfortable. It makes me cringe. And since you put out your sex life on RFD, yes it is my business.

So to summarize, you know all the super medical birth control options, but you are somehow unaware about condom choices which is to many people a very personal preference.

You could simply read the reviews, but instead you choose to call a poster chauvinist.

A cringe worthy topic indeed.
So I should simply read the reviews, as long as they are not from fellow RFD users? It's okay to ask for reviews on electronics, restaurants, travel, appliances, you name it, but certainly not on condoms! What was I thinking?!

I'm starting to see why you're sitting in the Penalty Box.
Messerschmitt wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:07 am
It's absolutely beyond me how men are ok with going through a surgery vs the simple IUD options out there. Absolutely nuts.
Well, it's not as simple as that actually. IUD have their share of risks and possible complications. A friend of ours recently had to undergo surgery since her IUD moved and couldn't be retrieved otherwise. It's simple from a guy's perspective, but I'm trusting my wife on this, and most importantly, respecting her decision.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3419 posts
2983 upvotes
Vancouver
Condoms are like bicycle seats, there's no one-size-fits-all, you have to try them all out until you find one that fits well and is comfortable. Instead of the drugstore, try visiting a sex toy store (not the seedy gross ones, but the sex-positive ones that are always women-owned). They'll have a selection of brands you won't find in the drugstore, and may even sell them as singles or even bundled together in a multi-pack of different brands.

That said, it sounds like your wife is open to having more kids, but are you? After our second child I went for the snip, even though my wife said she would consider having a third. I told her nope, I'm finished at two, I'm getting it done. If you want to stop now, the decision to get the snip is yours alone. Your body, your choice.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2485 posts
1887 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 9:43 am
So I should simply read the reviews, as long as they are not from fellow RFD users? It's okay to ask for reviews on electronics, restaurants, travel, appliances, you name it, but certainly not on condoms! What was I thinking?!

I'm starting to see why you're sitting in the Penalty Box.

No. Your post bothers me because you called a member chauvinist simply because he gave you a suggestion. Not to worry, a buddy of yours just posted that all sex shops owned by men are sleazy while women owned shops are classy.

I thought gender discrimination was not allowed on RFD. I can only imagine an instant ban if I posted the opposite.

I am extremely annoyed to be honest. Show some self respect.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
Well, we're both happy with how things are right now, and we're not looking to have a fifth child, but we're still young, so you never know. I would never have the snip behind my wife's back. I was joking a bit in my first post. In my opinion, the decision to have kids is taken as a couple, and so is the decision to stop having kids.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1426 posts
597 upvotes
Quebec
BiegeToyota wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 10:24 am
No. Your post bothers me because you called a member chauvinist simply because he gave you a suggestion. Not to worry, a buddy of yours just posted that all sex shops owned by men are sleazy while women owned shops are classy.

I thought gender discrimination was not allowed on RFD. I can only imagine an instant ban if I posted the opposite.

This will be my last reply to one of your posts. By saying "tell your wife to visit your family doctor", this user was not giving me a "suggestion" -- at least, that's not how I interpreted it. I don't see how you can possibly see any gender discrimination in any of my posts. And if this discussion annoys you so much, just leave.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3419 posts
2983 upvotes
Vancouver
BiegeToyota wrote:
Not to worry, a buddy of yours just posted that all sex shops owned by men are sleazy while women owned shops are classy.
If that's really what you believe I said, you have a distorted view of reality, which completely explains your responses in this thread.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1937 posts
685 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
BiegeToyota wrote:

The OP asked a simply question and you blow it out of the water. Nothing what you said was what he asked for.
If you have nothing to contribute in a positive manner, why respond?
And if you're annoyed, why respond? Show some respect for the OP and his question.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1653 upvotes
Condoms + IUD is an extremely safe combo.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
705 upvotes
GTA
at 71 years of age I find this thread uplifting ... sex education 10,001, my wife ROFLOL

condoms, pills, IUD's, nuts & tubes tied ... you learn something new on RFD daily

in my teens it was the rhythm method

of course the OP wants random any time any day, every day event without restriction, so my suggestion is go get the best 'money that can buy' price/condom as the way to go.

other than the 'rhythm method' when we used condoms before we got married, I use to recycle/reuse them when I could afford them ... wash & dry, add a bit of lube & you're good to go.

do the 'water balloon' test before using condoms just to make sure there are no holes
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1866 posts
341 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I used to enjoy the Durex Magnum brand condoms because you know, I am Packin' but now I hate em cus I bought a box of like 18 or so to use on my wedding anniversary, and I probably only used 2 and a half, yes 2 and a half, and it was done, now fast forward to a few months later, i checked the condom packages and they;re like all expired now, :(
Hi
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2717 posts
1391 upvotes
Canadia
Messerschmitt wrote:
It's absolutely beyond me how men are ok with going through a surgery vs the simple IUD options out there. Absolutely nuts.
1. IUDs are not 100% effective,
2. There is a risk of pelvic infection and serious complications due to accidental pregnancy when using an IUD,
3. IUDs can be painful to insert and remove, and residual cramping and discomfort can last for days. Ironically, more painful and uncomfortable than clamping or severing a male's vas deferens.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9251 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote:
I have a friend who got pregnant even WITH an IUD, she had to have it removed due to some sort of risk involved after becoming pregnant (This is what she told me, if there's more to the story that I don't know about well then there's more to it.)

OP, this is one of those things where you are going to have to try various different kinds and find out what you like. If it were that simple there would only be ONE on the market, which clearly there isn't.

For me, the magnum (extra thin ones) are what I go with... not that I need those specifically.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20592 posts
9606 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Typically don’t use them because it’s tough to find ones that come in size extra small. Oh well.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1894 posts
588 upvotes
Brampton, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:01 pm
Typically don’t use them because it’s tough to find ones that come in size extra small. Oh well.
Dont fret. Condomless sex is the best sex anyways!