• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2017 12:06 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
258 posts
21 upvotes
London

Best Controller For PC Gaming

What is the best controller to get and from where (amazon, ebay, etc..)
To use for PC Gaming, shooters, driving/racing, fighting, rpg, etc..

Thanks in advance for any help folks greatly appreciate it.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2535 posts
377 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Any wired Xbox 360 controller is 100% perfect in terms of compatibility and reliability.

If you want to spend more for wireless that's up to you.
And if you want to spend even more for XBox One controllers (i really have no idea what, if anything, is better about them) that's also up to you.
Dec 8, 2009
179 posts
38 upvotes
Kevinck wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 9:29 am
Any wired Xbox 360 controller is 100% perfect in terms of compatibility and reliability.

If you want to spend more for wireless that's up to you.
And if you want to spend even more for XBox One controllers (i really have no idea what, if anything, is better about them) that's also up to you.
The d-pad on the XBox One controller is way better than on the 360 versions.
Nov 14, 2008
525 posts
161 upvotes
In general PC gaming you only need a mouse...shooters, rpg, strategy
A good laser gaming mouse, not wireless and a mechanical keyboard

If your hardcore into driving games then get a wheel, same thing for flightsims, get a flightstick
For fighting games , maybe a controller or use a mechanical keyboard
trayton wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 9:04 am
What is the best controller to get and from where (amazon, ebay, etc..)
To use for PC Gaming, shooters, driving/racing, fighting, rpg, etc..

Thanks in advance for any help folks greatly appreciate it.
Oct 23, 2006
888 posts
38 upvotes
i like the PS4 controller or Xbox One controller.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3421 posts
247 upvotes
i thought optical mouses are generally superior to laser?

fighting games will be best with a fight stick. Some 3rd person action adventure feels more natural on a controller than mouse/kb

you could try the steam controller and see if you like over the return period.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4734 posts
603 upvotes
Shooters: Mouse and Keyboard
Driving/Racing: A Wheel
Fighting Games: Fight Stick
RPG: XB1 Controller

If your looking for one controller for all those things, I personally think the XB1 controller is the best. It fits in my hand the best, I like the Dpad for fighting games, and Rumble triggers are great for racing games. Also its the easiest to "plug and play" and the newer ones have Bluetooth if your computer supports that. However I wouldn't play any competitive shooter on PC with a controller, Id stick with M&K (which you will need anyways).

Someone here might be able to vouch for/recommend the steam controller. I havent used it but the impression I get is that it trys to be good at everything and as a result it doesn't really master anything.
Sep 2, 2007
18 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using the ps3 controller because I have extras and moved onto ps4 for console. It works fine, but a lot of pc action games will tell you to press buttons while referencing the xbox controls so definitely go with xbox over playstation if you are deciding between the two.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1037 posts
100 upvotes
Just get an Xbox one controller. You can get a 360 controller if you want to save a few bucks or get the Elite controller if you like the best.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
258 posts
21 upvotes
London
Thanks for all the input sorry for the slow reply. Now I need to see if its best to get from walmart, or amazon, bestbuy etc :)

I want it for like rocket league, the batman and assassin creed games etc.

For league of legends I use keyboard mouse of course and same with CS:GO
Oct 12, 2004
616 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
i'd have to agree with the above suggestions to get an xbone controller for some pc games. i bought mine to play rocket league actually lol
HeatWare
HoFo
--------------------
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
I tried plugging in my PS4 controller and played FIFA 17. It sucks.

Anyone here play sports games and FPS with the xbox controllers?. If so how was it and which one is better?. 360 or Xbox one?.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1910 posts
1281 upvotes
Montreal
kevindurant1 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 12:45 am
I tried plugging in my PS4 controller and played FIFA 17. It sucks.

Anyone here play sports games and FPS with the xbox controllers?. If so how was it and which one is better?. 360 or Xbox one?.
I play NBA with a controller - no shooters though, because my thumbs can't aim. I used to use the 360 and now use the XB1 (got it when the Microsoft Store had a price error - $30 for the controller and wireless adapter). Both work well. The XB1 controller has a better directional pad, so if you need that in your games a lot, you may want that.