• Nov 18th, 2017 12:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1731 posts
178 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Best Deal On Disposable Razor Blades?

A few years ago I bought a pile of Schick Quattro disposable 4 blade razors on fleabay and am just now running out and trying to figure out what is a good deal.

So far my research tells me the following:
Dollar Shave Club 4x = $1.63 per cartridge
Dorco Pace 4 (Where DSC gets their razors) = $2.00 a cartridge (Once you convert to Canadian $)
Walmart Schick Quottro 5 blades + handle $14.97 = $2.99 a cartridge

Dollar Shave club is looking pretty good. Apparently they send you four cartridges a month which seem like overkill to me but you can set it to every other month if you want.

Any thing else out there I should look at? Not interested in electric (don't shave close enough) or straight razors (I'm a wuss). Any good deals at Costco?

Thanks
5 replies
Dec 25, 2006
216 posts
103 upvotes
Winnipeg
Safety razor and DE blades.

The razor itself anywhere $20 (I prefer the merkur models - starting at about $45) and up. Blades about .17c ea (astra superior platinum) on amazon.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1731 posts
178 upvotes
Oakville, ON
No safety blades.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6320 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
I used to get disposable blades at a dollar store. They were no name blades but were pretty good quality. When that supply dried up (they just stopped carrying them) I switched to safety razor and blades. Not alone is it the least expensive solution but it is also the best shaving experience with very little effort.
Nov 6, 2006
150 posts
39 upvotes
Coquitlam
Stay away from Dorco. I made an order and I regret it now, because Dorco put the full "retail" value on the shipment package (like 2x what I paid them because of promotions) and I got charged $18.38 from Canada Post for duties/tax etc. Dorco blades are not worth it at this price, and when contacted Dorco said that it's not their fault Canada charges duties and tax... The fact that they had "free shipping" for Canada and they say they are the Canadian distributor led me to believe there wouldn't be any extra charges, but lessons learned.

Just wanted to put this out there for warnings for others. The Dorco blades aren't that good.
Sep 14, 2017
16 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I have great success purchasing in bulk from Dorco! They are the suppliers for the dollar shave club and always have promotions online. I believe they just released their Black Friday deals if you're interested. There's free shipping over $40USD. Idk what the other poster was expecting but the fact they offer free shipping bears no weight on duties & taxes. You're buying a product from overseas, and thus should always expect to be charged. If you don't then that's not a poor reflection on the company, it's a reflection on you as a consumer.

I recommend buying one handle and then testing out the mens 'pace' line (6 blades) and the womens "shai soft touch" (6 blades) and see which one works for you. They also offer 1,2,3,4 etc. blades as well, so it's just a matter of preference.

Also if you're at all interested, DE shaving is ridiculously inexpensive and you get a very close and irritation free shave. There's plenty of guides online for it (check out Wicked Edge on Reddit).
CJ