Shopping Discussion

Best deal you've ever bought on Boxing Day?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2004 12:12 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto

Best deal you've ever bought on Boxing Day?

So, what's the best deal you've ever taken advantage of on Boxing Day?

I usually buy some clothes, otherwise I try to avoid the impulse buys.

This year I'm looking for a notebook.
38 replies
Dec 24, 2003
760 posts
5 upvotes
$29.95 rogers Nokia 3595 package with 4 months of service from BB last year. It was a good deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
my bad :(

Oops, you are the mod. Unfortunately, this mod has been abusing his power and continue to post in the wrong forums. I suggest a ban, but mods cannot be banned. Oh wait, they can! They just need 9986 posts! :lol:

dreamcatcher wrote:$29.95 rogers Nokia 3595 package with 4 months of service from BB last year. It was a good deal.
I got that from FS too! I signed up for one year instead and got the $35 and the SAF fees waived for five months instead. Much better deal. :cheesygri

Hmm, the best deal... must be the Pine CDRW that went out of stock. FS replaced it with a Pine external CDRW at the same price, $5!!! I think some people returned it and got $100 back without doing anything!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
1899 posts
1 upvote
North York, Toronto
Lol yes...its Deals & Discussions =D. In any case...never shopped around much except for clothes...but this year I had my job so...got my money to spend =D. Bring it on MP3 player!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8919 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
i only managed to get a WD 120gb HD... geeez the lineup swere ridiculous and just plain insanity... but it was worth it... maybe ill get more than one this year
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1834 posts
145 upvotes
Central Ontario
I got a laser printer for half-price at Staples when they used to have REAL sales... gone downhill ever since.
Sep 7, 2004
492 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton
cmge wrote:i only managed to get a WD 120gb HD... geeez the lineup swere ridiculous and just plain insanity... but it was worth it... maybe ill get more than one this year
Was that the one last year at Best Buy for $80? That was awesome, made lining up at 5 well worth it. My best boxing find so far.

Last year was the first time I went really early to Best Buy. It was funny cause we totally didn't expect that many people to line up. We got there and the line was halfway around the building and we were so shocked. The best part was how they had someone from the staff at the front with a loudspeaker and I remember hearing "this man's been here since Christmas Day".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5707 posts
197 upvotes
CSR wrote:i only remember buying 2 stuff dolls at Disney store
priceless
:o
Dec 24, 2003
760 posts
5 upvotes
sliverstrike wrote:LOL, I got 10 of those R4U rogers phone deals...really
and how much was the profit?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7407 posts
1555 upvotes
Edmonton
mrken wrote:Wrong forum Ryan! Mods, please move this to Off Topics.

Oops, you are the mod. Unfortunately, this mod has been abusing his power and continue to post in the wrong forums. I suggest a ban, but mods cannot be banned. Oh wait, they can! They just need 9986 posts! :lol:
And you should be banned for not wearing a Santa Hat this year, mrken. :cheesygri On second thought - forget it - I remember LAST year - it took you FOREVER to rid your avatar of that hat. :confused:

:cheesygri

I too got in on that deal for the Nokia; $30 for a 3595, Roots hat, Roots music backpack, AND when my phone conked out I got another one replaced over the counter, at FS, 11 mos. later!! :) I didn't bother signing up for the free air time as I was already a pay-go customer, but I just transferred my current account [my air time accumulated was able to be transferred as well] to my new phone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9742 posts
1445 upvotes
sliverstrike wrote:LOL, I got 10 of those R4U rogers phone deals...really
People like you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Why can't the stupid damn stores limit it to 1 per PERSON. So if they want 10 they have to bring 10 people at least (like No Frill scammers do). Geez.
:twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1270 posts
62 upvotes
I remember a few years back; before Best Buy bought Future Shop. The latter would offer free products (or nearly free) after MIR items. Although they were all doorcrashers.

Off the top of my head: 128 meg memory, TV tuner card, Rogers Pay as you go phone, web-cam, CD's.

Although not an exceptional deal: Future Shop always offers a Harmon/Kardon amp for $300~ every boxing day. Picked up a few of these.