Shopping Discussion

Best deal you've ever bought on Boxing Day?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2004 12:12 am
Tags:
None
Aug 27, 2004
291 posts
14 upvotes
I went to futreshop prolly 3 years ago and they had 100CD's on special for $40 (instead of $100) anyways .. the manager witnessed an employee being a complete ******* to me and then saw my face. Stopped me on the way out and apologized and asked me what I was trying to buy and gave me 2 100 packs for $10 each.

and he even went and got them.

So that was awesome.

:cheesygri
#################################
Dec 25, 2003
86 posts
112 upvotes
Barrie
Last year I got a web cam from Futureshop. The cost was something like $19.99 and the mail in rebate was $20.00. Here in Nova Scotia everything is closed on Boxing day so I was able to find out from everyone where the best deals were. Everything is also closed on Sundays here too so I might not get into the some stores until Tuesday.
Jul 1, 2003
414 posts
I got the Altec Lansing ATP 3 speakers for $49.99. Great speakers for a great price- I got them at FS
Jul 31, 2003
130 posts
1 upvote
Last year was my first boxing day experience........was at best buy in the morning and spend $30.00 for a 40 gb harddrive after rebates. Comp couldn't handle anything else :( and I didn't even use the darn thing till this summer :(

Looking for a DVD-RW this year :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8028 posts
413 upvotes
This year definately... well not really boxing day... $500 for a 23 inch Widescreen LCD/TV :) Retail price is $1800.

And no I can't get anymore :)
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
1341 posts
40 upvotes
Funny how most of these posts are of people freezing there butt's off on boxing day. Has anyone heard of online shopping? :lol: I got my Widescreen Toshiba 47" near cost for $1599, a $599 19" LCD (which malfunctioned, luckily extended warranty came in handy. Got upgraded to a awesome BENQ that was $250 more) & the 160gig WD drive. These were and probably still are great deals.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
judicative wrote:Last year I got a web cam from Futureshop. The cost was something like $19.99 and the mail in rebate was $20.00. Here in Nova Scotia everything is closed on Boxing day so I was able to find out from everyone where the best deals were. Everything is also closed on Sundays here too so I might not get into the some stores until Tuesday.
I remember that too! I think it was only $10 online or something, and they had a $20 USD MIR! I think I made around $20 to take the webcams away, since the MIR allowed two rebates. :lol:
Jun 23, 2003
333 posts
123 upvotes
Never got them, but 4 of 5 years back FS had website troubles.
19in TV's for $1, right at Christmas morning. Ordered 4 and came to $30 all in (you had to pay for shipping back then)

It got cancelled 4 or 5 days later, and I bit-hed and complained to try and get even just one...all they offered was 10% off the next web purchase :mad:
Dec 24, 2003
113 posts
7 upvotes
2 boxing days ago, picked up a Microsoft Force Feedback Sidewinder steering wheel + pedals for $25. There was a $50 MIR which came back 6 weeks later so essentially, Microsoft paid me $25 for their wheel. :confused: Only regret was I wasn't sure if the wheel would work (box was opened/damaged) and didn't pick up the other remaining wheel sitting on the clearance table.