Automotive

Best Deals for Oil Change in Ontario?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2011 9:56 am
Tags:
None
Newbie
Nov 14, 2006
22 posts

Best Deals for Oil Change in Ontario?

Where are the best deals right now.

The best one I could find was at Active Green and Ross regularily 24.95 for 15.95 go to their website and under coupons look at the newspaper ad. Print and cut out coupon.
23 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Audiogenic wrote:
Dec 15th, 2006 5:22 pm
Costco
how often do we have to change the oil? because i am changing it every 8k now with Toyota's...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 10, 2004
4798 posts
690 upvotes
Walmart $23

OK for my beater but I certainly wouldn't take a good vehicle to their butchers :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2046 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
virgoan wrote:
Dec 16th, 2006 11:19 am
how often do we have to change the oil? because i am changing it every 8k now with Toyota's...
Each vehicle is different. Check your owner's manual.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2006
74 posts
I wouldnt leave old oil in for more than 5K. Unless, its synthetic. My car is old, so oil change every 4k.

anyone know how much shops charge to change the oil if you bring in ur own oil (i.e. Synthetic)?
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2006
562 posts
7 upvotes
Vaughan
For oil changes I take my beater to the dealer... about $30+tax... For my weekend driver, synthetic oil changes on my own. Gotta remember that an oil change is probably the most important maintenance activity on a vehicle. Much better to spend a couple dollars extra than go to wal-mart.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9099 posts
214 upvotes
virgoan wrote:
Dec 16th, 2006 11:19 am
how often do we have to change the oil? because i am changing it every 8k now with Toyota's...
Toyota says 8K in the manuals, but I do 5k changes regardless. I like to keep my vehicles for a long time, why cheap out on such a small expense that is so critical to long term reliability?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
My car dealership. Time is money. I hate to wait. Drop off the car in the morning. Shuttle me to the office. Pick me up in the office. Pay. Drive home.
The cost is about $30 to $35 + tax.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2046 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Bullseye wrote:
Dec 16th, 2006 10:51 pm
Toyota says 8K in the manuals, but I do 5k changes regardless. I like to keep my vehicles for a long time, why cheap out on such a small expense that is so critical to long term reliability?
Good for you. But it's not a question of being cheap. I believe in following the mfg's schedule. After all it is their research & development & their engineers who developed their maintainenance schedules.
If your argument were true, why not change your oil every 4K kms or even 3K kms?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2046 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
sshe11 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2006 12:36 am
I goto the dealership, supply my own oil and filter ...
How much does your dealer charge for labour?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9099 posts
214 upvotes
mannyb wrote:
Dec 16th, 2006 11:32 pm
Good for you. But it's not a question of being cheap. I believe in following the mfg's schedule. After all it is their research & development & their engineers who developed their maintainenance schedules.
If your argument were true, why not change your oil every 4K kms or even 3K kms?
The R&D gives the recommendations based on 'normal' conditions, but most of Canada is considered a harsh climate by vehicles standards, so their recommendations are not applicable anyways. 5K might not be enough, or may be too often, but I know it's better than every 8k.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2046 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Bullseye wrote:
Dec 17th, 2006 3:18 pm
The R&D gives the recommendations based on 'normal' conditions, but most of Canada is considered a harsh climate by vehicles standards, so their recommendations are not applicable anyways. 5K might not be enough, or may be too often, but I know it's better than every 8k.
To some extent it is better to change oil more often. However, the law of diminishing returns also applies. If I change my oil every 2.5K kms instead of 5K kms, is it twice as good for my car?

For Canada I also concur that you should follow the "Severe" schedule instead of the "Normal" maintenance schedule. With my 2001 Infiniti G20t, the Severe schedules indicates to change your oil every 6K kms and the normal schedule indicates every 12K kms. I change it every 6K kms or every 3 months. Which ever comes first.

One of the reasons why you're seeing longer oil change intervals in recent cars are the advances in modern engineering, i.e., better engines, better oils, better filters, oil monitoring systems, etc.
× < >

Top