None
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2263 posts
138 upvotes
GTA

Best Dent Removal Kits?

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there is any really GOOD dent removal kits out there that will get out the majority of the dents on my car?

I've seen all these advertisements on TV and what not, but you can never know what works, especially with dents.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
16 replies
Dec 27, 2007
454 posts
40 upvotes
Aurora
IF it is a newer car I would call one of those paintless dent removal guys. I had one come to my house in the middle of winter and pull a tiny dent out of my hood.

Most of the kits are junk especially the puller that requires you to thread a screw into the dent.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15758 posts
1245 upvotes
GTA West
bonerhaus wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 8:08 pm
IF it is a newer car I would call one of those paintless dent removal guys. I had one come to my house in the middle of winter and pull a tiny dent out of my hood.

Most of the kits are junk especially the puller that requires you to thread a screw into the dent.
Can you recommend some good PDR guys in Mississauga or the GTA?
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2263 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
Rekognize wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 9:46 pm
Dry ice! >> link
Realllly?!
Thats amazing, doesn't hurt to try at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3450 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
"What the body shops don't want you to know" :lol:

Now.. where to get dry ice?
http://www.dryicedirectory.com wrote: There are 6 Dry Ice suppliers
in the 416 area code.

*Praxair
10 Bermondsey Rd.
East York, CANADA
(416) 285-7798
www.dryiceweb.com/Praxair/East_York_CAN.htm

*Praxair
90 Signet Dr. Unit #2
North York, CANADA
(416) 740-5997
www.dryiceweb.com/Praxair/North_York_CAN.htm

*Praxair
8270 Sheppard Ave. E.
Scarborough, CANADA
(416) 208-8201
www.dryiceweb.com/Praxair/Scarborough_CAN.htm

*Praxair
2700 Dufferin St. Unit #46
Toronto, CANADA
(416) 781-0124
www.dryiceweb.com/Praxair/Toronto1_CAN.htm

*The Iceman
782 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, CANADA
(416) 504-6615
www.the-iceman.com/
john@the-iceman.com

Camcarb
4270 Weston Rd
Toronto, Canada
(416) 745-1304
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2263 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
Dry ice directory?! :lol:

But that link really helped, I typed in '905' and I found one in Mississauga! I'm guessing I just go there and buy some dry ice?
Or are they just suppliers who sell to stores?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
1254 posts
Dry ice won't do it if the dent is sharp or a really small ding.

There's also a similar method using a hair dryer and a can of compressed air (which is much more readily accessible than dry ice), but just like above it won't be perfect.

I've had paintless dent removal (PDR) done twice and have been VERY satisfied with the results. They may be booked solid if there was a hailstorm in the past few months.

If there's a crack in the paint, PDR will remove the dent, but the paint will still need to be touched up.
FS Items:
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24879 posts
2466 upvotes
Ottawa
I have used the paintless dent removers too. They charged me $75 for the first dent, 50 for the next and then about 20 for each subsequent. I was returning a car off lease and it had been attacked by the door ding gnomes and I just wanted to make sure that I would return the car in resonable shape (or at least keep from paying the dealerships autobody rates).
Try www.autocosmetic.com
www.dentsunlimited.com
dentdoctorcanada.com and I am sure that there are many others in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4469 posts
168 upvotes
Burnaby
kmltick wrote:
Aug 25th, 2008 12:11 am
There's also a similar method using a hair dryer and a can of compressed air (which is much more readily accessible than dry ice), but just like above it won't be perfect.
here's a video of what kmltick is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSWESEVOUA
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2003
1876 posts
80 upvotes
Thornhill
Boy do I wish I had known about this before my last lease return.

Does anyone know if this would on the spots where people open their doors into your door? My wifes car has a couple of these spots already and if this could fix them, I'd be thrilled!!!
Those who don't do it, don't get it.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
1254 posts
The Hair Dryer & Dry Ice / compressed air method won't get rid of those door dings.

Paintless Dent removal will get them out without any problems.
FS Items:
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24879 posts
2466 upvotes
Ottawa
mrcantrell wrote:
Aug 25th, 2008 1:36 pm
Boy do I wish I had known about this before my last lease return.

Does anyone know if this would on the spots where people open their doors into your door? My wifes car has a couple of these spots already and if this could fix them, I'd be thrilled!!!
The door ding gnomes,they can strike anywhere...even in Church parking lots.
Kidding aside, that is exactly why I called these guys. There were several dings on the doors and one across a crease in the door panel. They came and knocked them out enough so you had to look real hard to see them. I highly recommend these guys (the ones that are backed by a national advertising campaign, I am leery of guys that spring up to take advantage of a trend.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1055 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
for the paintless dent removal, do they have to take off the door's interior panel to remove the ding, for example, using a small hammer to pop it back up? How does it work?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4861 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
bst wrote:
Aug 25th, 2008 4:49 pm
for the paintless dent removal, do they have to take off the door's interior panel to remove the ding, for example, using a small hammer to pop it back up? How does it work?
They slide a tool into your door panel and massage the dent out or something like that.
× < >