• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2012 6:57 pm
Tags:
None
2 replies
Sep 30, 2004
312 posts
37 upvotes
Seen better laptops if u don't mind bilingual keyboards. Saw some lenovo this week with better specs then this dell. Use the search tool!
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I can't recommend any HP "Pavilion" computer, their compact design causes them to cook themselves fairly quickly. I bought one a about 2 years ago and it ended up cooking it's power supply within a year, took it around different places recently to get fixed and apparently that exact issue is pretty common with that line of computers.

Smaller is not better!

HP has some crappy warranty policies too, they were going to charge me to talk to someone other than the 'patch me through' support centre simply because my warranty was expired (by 2 months..), $250 to send it in to them, and buying parts like a power supply for it are expensive too since they are an uncommon compact size. For the one I bought the cheapest aftermarket was something like $130, nearly what I paid for the PC in the first place lol.

Needless to say I have a fairly large paper weight collecting dust in the end, not worth what it would cost to fix..
× < >