Best Easter chocolate deals ?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2014 12:41 am
Mar 28, 2012
353 posts
92 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa

Best Easter chocolate deals ?

Just talking kid-quality cocos... no Lindt or Godiva budgets here ...

I've found
Walmart: 'Our Finest milk chocolate mini eggs' 700g for $7 (unwrapped, not good for hiding)
Ikea's Easter flyer has 100g marshmallow chicks for 99c and
Ikea: 200g Chocolate+butterscotch eggs for $2.49 (these are individually wrapped).

Anyone finding cheaper than $1 per 100g ?

Also need to find Vadeboncoeur which has ind. wrapped nut-free caramel filled bunnies - I used to get them at Zellers (Santas at Christmas too). Hard time finding them lately. Walmart's been hit/miss.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Wait a week after Easter and you'll find SUPER discounted chocogoodies.

btw wrong forum. Here is a place to post hot deals, not asking for hot deals.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
18500 points when you spend $75 or more on discount chocolates :D
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
To be honest, make your own chocolate..... next week I believe there is a $3 off $10 at Bulk barn, just buy a crap load of Chocolate, buy a mold, and melt/make your own chocolate. It honestly doesn't take long and it isn't a lot of work, as long as you don't lose patience and yank up the stove like I did and burned everything the first time I did it.............................................................................................................

There are tons of instructions, but all you really need to do is get some mold from dollar store, buy a few different colors of chocolate, melt, pour one layer at a time, and put it in the fridge when you are done! I also like Rice chocolate, so I put rice crispy on the last layer and let it stick out. The kids love them, they don't cost much, and my neighbour's kids love me.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Mar 28, 2012
353 posts
92 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
Well Gee, I thought $1 per 100g was a great deal!
Not for my consumption, so no, I can't wait til AFTER Easter! "Sorry kids, the Easter bunny ran out, he said he'd come back in a few days; you were the only kids he missed on the street" won't fly.
However, we do usually wait til Monday on the way to dinner and hit the markdowns at Jean Coutu for my side of the family. Bring my wrapping supplies in the car and make up their goodie bags on the drive ;)
Making my own, can't imagine that's be any cheaper tallied up. Can you even buy foils to wrap?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)