• Dec 31st, 2012 11:44 am
Tags:
None
Feb 15, 2006
28 posts
2 upvotes

Best face cream for women over 50

Hi,

I have no idea about this topic but was asked to do some research for my 50 plus mother. She wants a "daytime" and "nighttime" face cream (wrinkle smoothing I assume) and doesn't want to "pay extra for something in a fancy box that's no better than the cheaper stuff". I've had good luck with opinions and advice on here before. Anyone care to weigh in ?

Cheers
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2004 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
This is such a vague question, with so many answers.

It really does depend on your mother's skin type and needs.

My honest suggestion?
Get to to a Pure + Simple, and have them give her a real skin analysis that isn't based on internet guessing.

I'm personally not a fan of OTC/Drugstore/Department store brands, because of the unnecessary chemicals and additives that promise the world, and deliver nothing.

Check out P+S. It's my go-to for all of my skin needs, and the only place I go for facials every 3 months.

http://www.pureandsimple.ca/
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1171 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Go to London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart and look for NeoStrata products. They have amazing products for your skin. I was introduced to them by a dermatologist..
Jan 25, 2011
140 posts
1 upvote
My mom (Chinese) uses Shiseido, and my best friend's mom (Bejing) uses Sulwhasoo (Korean brand).

All my asian friend's mom uses asian brands, but I went to my Canadian friend's house and whenever I go to the washroom their parents use like, shopper drug mart stuff...
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
614 posts
27 upvotes
TORONTO
My mother usually uses RevaleSkin Coffeeberry Day Cream. Although it is little bit pricy but it makes skin glowy and moist all day long. It is a great cream for over 50.
Banned
Jul 9, 2012
100 posts
6 upvotes
EAST YORK
I think olay is the best face cream for women over 50.
Banned
Mar 16, 2012
100 posts
4 upvotes
DUNDAS
in my opinion simonefrance is the best face cream for women over 50 and its really suitable for any kind of face.
Nov 20, 2012
188 posts
8 upvotes
RAYMOND
My mom uses SwissTec creams, not sure the exact names of them but she swears by them!
>
Oct 23, 2012
23 posts
Vancouver
My mom used to be oily+combination when she was younger.... she finds Vichy liftactiv really good for her. shoppers and london drugs both have promotions on it from time to time.
Nov 15, 2012
5 posts
TORONTO
I would say Olay ...my mom really liked that one and wants a second bottle..the total effects one
Dec 21, 2006
171 posts
36 upvotes
get Peter Thomas Roth, you will see the difference immediately. everything from the collection is amazing and it's anti-aging.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26994 posts
4199 upvotes
'[s2 wrote:;16077801']get Peter Thomas Roth, you will see the difference immediately. everything from the collection is amazing and it's anti-aging.
+1

PTR is legit stuff. Their mens line is awesome as well. I use it myself.
× < >