Best Fish and Chips in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 8:00 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41103 posts
4887 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
That laird place is GOOD. Huge fresh pieces of fish.
Fries are actually flavorful. People always neglect the fries... but they make em goooooood. Extra tasty with malt vinegar and salt.

I actually bumped into it by accident on my visit to rack attack. Place was bbuuuuusssy. I just got take out.
Sep 15, 2003
210 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
pocketmichele wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:26 am
Yes, there is usually quite a difference in price between the two. When it comes to deep fried, I go with the cheaper option as it all tastes the same coming out of the fryer. lol.
There is a massive difference between halibut and haddock/cod.
Texture, taste, everything..
Oct 22, 2007
42 posts
6 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
@Flipcyde I agree! However, I don't find it to be enough of a difference when deep frying to pay the extra cost. Cooking it the over or pan frying would warrant me to pay more for the halibut.

I think next time I do have fish and chips though, I'll get haddock and a halibut on the side to compare side by side deep fried.
Jul 20, 2012
621 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
I went to Long Branch Fish&Chips today for lunch. They have new owners according to my lunch date. We were the only customers in the place which made us wonder if food quality went down. The food was excellent. I had halibut and my friend had the haddock. The chips were home made. It's not as good as Fifth St. Fish&Chips but they're pretty close.