• Nov 13th, 2018 3:42 pm
Tags:
Jan 28, 2009
98 posts
21 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 7:03 pm
Is layrite cheapest there?
You can buy the bigger tubs from TBBS which works out to be cheaper than the small tubs. Layrite is also available on amazon but last time I needed some they didn't have the big tubs of cement clay in stock so I just went to TBBS (I work on Dundas so easy for me).
Sep 15, 2003
189 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I used to use Layrite all the time, good product.

I then found Old Spice Forge pomade at Real Canadian Superstores and it works just as good as Layrite for a lot cheaper.
Washes out super clean and works well with my asian hair.

I've seen Gatsby at Superstores also, haven't tried them yet as i'm happy with the $6.99 Old Spice.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4663 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
Flipcyde wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 2:56 pm
I used to use Layrite all the time, good product.

I then found Old Spice Forge pomade at Real Canadian Superstores and it works just as good as Layrite for a lot cheaper.
Washes out super clean and works well with my asian hair.

I've seen Gatsby at Superstores also, haven't tried them yet as i'm happy with the $6.99 Old Spice.
Does the old spice have a strong fragrance? Strong matte hold?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1091 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
does anyone know any natural "organic" pomade/styling products?

i've had eczema since birth, so well when i use hair products it doesn't get itchy right away but after like eight hours it gets excessively itchy to the point where i have to get home asap and wash it off otherwise i can't do anything without it bothering me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10602 posts
1273 upvotes
SquirreI wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 2:30 pm
does anyone know any natural "organic" pomade/styling products?

i've had eczema since birth, so well when i use hair products it doesn't get itchy right away but after like eight hours it gets excessively itchy to the point where i have to get home asap and wash it off otherwise i can't do anything without it bothering me.
I thing I want to try is sea salt sprays.

I'm sure ingredients will vary greatly with different manufacturers, but I read it's really easy to make it yourself. The ingredients are mostly just Epsom and sea salt and water with some products that is good for your hair (as salt will dry it out) like aloe. I just don't know how good the hold will be.