• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2012 6:40 am
Tags:
None
Aug 10, 2009
47 posts
5 upvotes

Best high end HDTV?

In the near future I'm looking to buy an HDTV. Most likely it will be in 47"+ screen. I've seen a lot of sites and it looks like the LG and Samsungs offer the best for its price. The most important thing to me is picture quality... sound isn't an issue as I'm planning to buy a speaker set. I will be using it for HD television (especially American channels), movies and maybe a bit of video games. If it has nice wireless support and a lot of techie features that would be a plus.

Price range is maybe around $2000?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Panasonic VT50 if you want the best of the best. Best value is probably the ST50.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Aug 10, 2009
47 posts
5 upvotes
The VT50 looks very nice. It is on the expensive side which I don't mind, but for the same price I can get a big screen non plasma LG. Anyone think that may be a better option?
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
Lg led have a a lot of flashlight issues and clouding issues took much lottery panel crap also to invest in them. IMO if you want a high end non plasma go with the sharp elite or Sony hx 929
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
geeEx wrote: The VT50 looks very nice. It is on the expensive side which I don't mind, but for the same price I can get a big screen non plasma LG. Anyone think that may be a better option?
Well, your first post said the most important thing is picture quality. If that's the case, you need to be looking at plasmas.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)