• Nov 21st, 2018 3:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1773 posts
783 upvotes
Montreal

Best Internet Deals in Quebec

I thought I'd create a Wiki of all the best internet promos in Quebec, as internet providers seem to charge differently here. Please add your deals to the comments and I'll update my post with them. The best deal so far seems to be the RFD 50/10 unlimited promo with Cannet for 29.99 with free modem/wifi and $30 install. I personally use Virgin 50/10 $45 ($60 minus $15 monthly credits) as installation was easy and support so far has been good.

Some links are through a wholesaler called modemoutlet. It seems that they are a distributor of various brands, but RFDers have generally have great experiences with them.

UPDATE June 2, 2018:

Teksavvy has a great 12 month promo:
25/10 unlimited, with modem, $25/month
50/10 unlimited, with modem, $30/month
No WiFi included.

https://promos.teksavvy.com/epicdeal/fa ... 4753320638

Virgin is giving a $10/month discount for 24 months on their 50/10 Unlimited plan to anyone who asks for it on chat (total of $50/month). They also include a free month, which effectively lowers the price to $46/month. However, their site is showing 3 months free for Ontario, so try and ask for the same deal. They include a Home Hub 2000 equivalent WiFi modem, no activation fees, and none of Bell's billing nightmares. GO GO GO!

Name: Vmedia
Speed and Bandwidth: 50/10 unlimited
Price: $39.95
Modem: not included. 9/month or $110 fee or BYOM
Installation: free dryloop, installation $0 if coming from cable, $ otherwise
Comments: seems cheap, but installation and modem/wifi rental fees can kill any savings
Link: http://www.vmedia.ca/en/internet/quebec

Name: Vmedia
Speed and Bandwidth: 60/10 unlimited
Price: $49.95 for 12 months, goes up after
Modem: not included. 7/month or $100 or BYOM
Installation: $85
Comments: seems cheap, but installation and modem/wifi rental fees can kill any savings
Link: http://www.vmedia.ca/en/internet/quebec

Name: Virgin
Speed and Bandwidth: 25/10
Price: $45 for 200gb, $50 for unlimited
Modem: Modem/wifi router included!
Installation: $0
Comments: fast and convenient, no modem/wifi rental fees, rebranded Bell service but without the billing nightmares
Link: https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/internet/index.html

Speed and Bandwidth: 50/10
Price: $60 for unlimited
Comments: fast and convenient, no modem/wifi rental fees, rebranded Bell service but without the billing nightmares

Speed and Bandwidth: 100/10 unlimited
Price: $70

Name: Videotron or equivalent through ModemOutlet
Speed and Bandwidth: 60/10 unlimited
Price: $54.99
Modem: modem/wifi router included
Installation: $30
Comments: https://www.modemoutlet.com/fran%C3%A7ais

Name: Cannet
Speed and Bandwidth: 50/10 unlimited
Price: 29.99/month
Modem: wifi modem included
Installation: $70
Comments: Seems to be the best deal right now. But they charge $60 if you ever want to change speeds.
Link: https://www.modemoutlet.com/fran%C3%A7ais

Please use the following fields when contributing your deal:
Name:
Speed and Bandwidth:
Price:
Modem:
Installation:
Comments:
Link:
Last edited by deal_king on Nov 23rd, 2017 9:14 am, edited 11 times in total.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Thread Summary
Update from OP, May 26, 2018: I just updated the OP above with current prices. Go check!

Update from OP, March 2, 2018:
Virgin is giving a $10/month discount for 24 months on their 50/10 Unlimited plan to anyone who asks for it on chat (total of $50/month). They also include a free month, which effectively lowers the price to $46/month. However, their site is showing 3 months free for Ontario, so ask for the same deal. They include a Home Hub 2000 equivalent WiFi modem, no activation fees, and none of Bell's billing nightmares. GO GO GO!
433 replies
Apr 8, 2015
568 posts
491 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I know some people might complain but for seniors who use emails/browsing/video streams and 1-2 simultaneous netflix streams and dont care about peak performance, I have found this to be the best deal available in Quebec:

Name: Ciktel
Speed and Bandwidth: 15/10 unlimited + Residential line
Price: 30$ first year, 40$ after that
Modem: included
Installation: 30$
Backbone: Bell DSL
Comments: Great for the average user not doing torrents or care about raw speed, 40$ modem in for internet plus a voip line (free canada wide) with no headaches or tech savvyness required is as good as i found for my parents.
Last edited by superxxxstud on Nov 23rd, 2017 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 23, 2011
13 posts
MONTR
I've been using Virgin 25/10 Unlimited for a month now and it's working fine especially late at night.

I'm checking the internet download speed and they can get very low speeds from 4 to 10PM every day. Last 2 days I experienced extreme slow download speed around 2-3 mbps...Will be contacting them soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1569 posts
382 upvotes
Montreal
How do you get the Cannet deal?
I don't see these pricing on their website.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5624 posts
1484 upvotes
Montreal
Is vmedia good? never heard of them

I bought my modem from ebox for my cable internet, will it be compatible with that work with them?
Apr 24, 2017
20 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
b33f wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:44 am
How do you get the Cannet deal?
I don't see these pricing on their website.
Yeah, me neither. OP, where did you see that deal? (44.99$ for unlimited 50/10).
Jan 17, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes
Very good thread... As Quebecois we need badly this...
Some "links" to the promotions added to the contribution fields could be good too... couldn't find this videotron thing
bookmarked...
Thanks...
Sep 4, 2016
48 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Happy to have found this thread ! Thanks
I am a Koodo and Rogers customer
Feb 20, 2017
19 posts
10 upvotes
I'm with Videotron on 120mbps unlimited, I had 5$ rebate for a year that was going to expire in a month. I called to tell them I was going to cancel because 80$ was too expensive for me, the girl put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back to offer me the same speed and unlimited for 55$ + tx for 24 months, modem and router (AC1900 I think, I only keep it as a back-up) are included.

My plan B was going with Virgin's 50mbps for 60$, so I'm pretty happy about the deal, saves me 2 appointments to remove Videotron and install Virgin. She even gave me a credit for the current month since it was already billed that day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1773 posts
783 upvotes
Montreal
vamp8888 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:37 am
I've been using Virgin 25/10 Unlimited for a month now and it's working fine especially late at night.

I'm checking the internet download speed and they can get very low speeds from 4 to 10PM every day. Last 2 days I experienced extreme slow download speed around 2-3 mbps...Will be contacting them soon.
I've had the same random slowdowns over the last week. They are sending me a new modem, but if it doesn't resolve, I'll switch to Cannet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1773 posts
783 upvotes
Montreal
ks_tiwari wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:07 am
Carrytel is good as well. 25/10 mbps for $39.99 unlimited data.
You get $20 referral and your referred friend gets $40 discount on modem purchase.
http://carrytel.ca/internet-plans.aspx
Murdamonk wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:16 am
Yeah, me neither. OP, where did you see that deal? (44.99$ for unlimited 50/10).
snczcmlo wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:17 am
Very good thread... As Quebecois we need badly this...
Some "links" to the promotions added to the contribution fields could be good too... couldn't find this videotron thing
bookmarked...
Thanks...
I updated the OP with details. RFD has blocked modemoutlet links before in other threads, but I have no idea why since they are not referral links.
Dec 18, 2005
514 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
Awesome thread idea! We get screwed for internet in Quebec. Suggestions for the main post with all the providers: links to the deals in question; technology used (DSL Cable, Wireless); back-end network provider (Bell, Videotron, etc.).

Thanks!
Aug 23, 2011
13 posts
MONTR
deal_king wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:37 am
I've had the same random slowdowns over the last week. They are sending me a new modem, but if it doesn't resolve, I'll switch to Cannet.
Let us know if it makes a difference with the new modem. I'm calling them soon to complain :)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1189 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal, QC
this is perfect for my parents. was looking at ditching DSL because our phone lines are so old and since we are not owners, highly doubt they'll change the lines